NBC Sports Edge Forums

Isaiah Thomas 2019-2020 Outlook

This guy is just bad. Ive watched enough Wizards game to know what to expect from him now. No rebounds, no defensive stats, spot up 3s, and some assists with basically at best 10 shots a game and boy when he drives its an automatic blocked shot. Hes just a warm body on the floor at this point in his career. Beal takes like 90% of the shots while Isaiah is beyond the 3 point line watching and not even moving most of the time.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Traitors

You are right. DDivi was NCAA most outstanding player, 2 time champ IT2 was nicknamed "The Pizza Guy"  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/kings-isaiah-thomas-pizza-guy-nickname-ad

I got him for dirt cheap. He's good in my books in my deep league. I need threes, assists and points. Almost every thread in here is about complaint about the players not living up to expectations. Perhaps the problem in many cases is in the mirror and not the players. Just my two cents. 

• Thanks 4
6 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Perhaps the problem in many cases is in the mirror and not the players. Just my two cents. 

Oh trust me, this is a huge problem here lolz.

On one side you've got the incredibly ignorant, does no research, everyone make a decision for me negative ninnies...

On the other end, the I can't handle anything less than 150% positive outlook, passive-aggressive, sarcastic, shaming replies...

And then us cool guys in the middle. *thumbs up*.

Edited by SkalChriston
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

On one side you've got the incredibly ignorant, does no research, everyone make a decision for me negative ninnies...

On the other end, the I can't handle anything less than 150% positive outlook, passive-aggressive, sarcastic, shaming replies...

Can I be a cool guy 

• Like 1

I badly need the assists, so he's fine for me. I wasn't expecting 20/4/9/1 stl (even though he can get it up to 9 assists if he were moved to the bench). Though I do think he improves the more he plays -- IT can still catch on fire, but for now, what you see is what you get. 

3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Beal takes like 90% of the shots while Isaiah is beyond the 3 point line watching and not even moving most of the time.

Yes IT is not the same player as prime IT. But he is moving better than he has in two years and is still getting comfortable with his new norm. As he gets more comfortable he will drive more hopefully. I have watched every game he has started for them, and no he does not get blocked on every drive when he does decide to drive which isn’t much.

But you are right with Beal. It is absolutely the Bradley Beal show. Brooks has never learned the word stagger back to his OKC days so IT is always out there with Beal. And being with Rui is bad too because he is a complete blackhole. And I think IT is doing what Brooks is asking of him. Not forcing stuff.

IT would be better coming off the bench. But for now, IT is still a hold (I am in Roto so he can be on my bench and just plug and play if needed) because he can still shoot and he is getting assists. Assists are hard to come by on my wire right now.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Damn complaining about a waiver pickup. Nobody drafted the bum and it’s not like you dropped Kyle Kuzma for him.

totally agree with this. hahahaha... people nowadays expect monster stats from a waiver pickup. not everybody is like devonte graham people! 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

As others mentioned, he's not a league-changer, but he's a solid hold as a 13-14th guy. He doesn't have the same explosion into the lane. And he does get blocked a lot, lol, but not all the time - he's had a fair amount of crafty finishes at the hoop. And he's still an elite shooter, and he's been great at finding the open man as well as penetrating and kicking out. This season he's producing 13.1 ppg, 2 treys, 6 dimes, and good %s for a guard. Agreed with others he'd probably be a better fantasy producer off the bench. He's an easy end-of-bench hold either way for me.

10 hours ago, ill ark said:

He is a last-round / waiver pick up. He came from a hip injury.

Manage your expectation folks. He is doing well as far as I can see.

I mean it was only just before the season that this thread was flooded with negative naysayers. It's gone from that to the other end.

The fact that he came back from his ordeals and is performing at the highest level in the world and producing and getting better is a huge accomplishment. He has an iron will and I'll bet on that over the flimsy people who freak out every time the man doesn't post top 100 numbers.

17 hours ago, SkalChriston said:

Cool story bro. Tell us more. You know whats not cool? People giving their honest opinion and idiots try to interpret it their own way and trying to put words in people's mouth that they never said. Nothing cool about people assuming that because you dont think your own way they arent on your little level.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
16 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yes IT is not the same player as prime IT. But he is moving better than he has in two years and is still getting comfortable with his new norm. As he gets more comfortable he will drive more hopefully. I have watched every game he has started for them, and no he does not get blocked on every drive when he does decide to drive which isn’t much.

But you are right with Beal. It is absolutely the Bradley Beal show. Brooks has never learned the word stagger back to his OKC days so IT is always out there with Beal. And being with Rui is bad too because he is a complete blackhole. And I think IT is doing what Brooks is asking of him. Not forcing stuff.

IT would be better coming off the bench. But for now, IT is still a hold (I am in Roto so he can be on my bench and just plug and play if needed) because he can still shoot and he is getting assists. Assists are hard to come by on my wire right now.

Who the hell is saying IT should be the same prime IT? Hes not moving better than he was the last 2 years what are you watching? or are you even watching at all? Hes literally a little puppy doing nothing. He BARELY MOVES when he doesnt have the ball. He literally is a spectator who dribbles the ball up then passes and watches. When he drives he literally looks like hes jogging then tries flipping up or laying up the ball only to get blocked most of the time. Am I screaming drop him? NO. Am I screaming you can do better? YES. Of course if your waiver wire is thin hold, but cmon this guy looks bad thats all im saying.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
49 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Who the hell is saying IT should be the same prime IT? Hes not moving better than he was the last 2 years what are you watching? or are you even watching at all? Hes literally a little puppy doing nothing. He BARELY MOVES when he doesnt have the ball. He literally is a spectator who dribbles the ball up then passes and watches. When he drives he literally looks like hes jogging then tries flipping up or laying up the ball only to get blocked most of the time. Am I screaming drop him? NO. Am I screaming you can do better? YES. Of course if your waiver wire is thin hold, but cmon this guy looks bad thats all im saying.

Whoa calm down. Haha. He is a spectator behind the three point line because I think that is what Brooks is requiring him to be and he is playing that role. His role is not to be the focal point of the offense in the starting lineup. That is clear. But him standing there doesn’t mean he is not moving better than the past two seasons because he is. I guess we will just agree to disagree on his mobility.

He is a 13 and 6 with two threes right now in a subdued role. He has not looked as bad as you are saying. From watching the games (yes I am watching) I think he is capable of more if asked to do more. And he would be better if he was on the bench or if Brooks staggered him and Beal. Btw he’s played 10 games. Adjustments can still be made. So that is why I say he is a hold for now.

1 minute ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Whoa calm down. Haha. He is a spectator behind the three point line because I think that is what Brooks is requiring him to be and he is playing that role. His role is not to be the focal point of the offense in the starting lineup. That is clear. But him standing there doesn’t mean he is not moving better than the past two seasons because he is. I guess we will just agree to disagree on his mobility.

He is a 13 and 6 with two threes right now in a subdued role. He has not looked as bad as you are saying. From watching the games (yes I am watching) I think he is capable of more if asked to do more. And he would be better if he was on the bench or if Brooks staggered him and Beal. Btw he’s played 10 games. Adjustments can still be made. So that is why I say he is a hold for now.

You are right he is a hold and he is in a subdued role. Maybe he knows he can do a lot more if asked which is why in my honest opinion he looks lethargic. Will adjustments be made? I hope, but im not holding my breath that he gets better than this.

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Cool story bro. Tell us more. You know whats not cool? People giving their honest opinion and idiots try to interpret it their own way and trying to put words in people's mouth that they never said. Nothing cool about people assuming that because you dont think your own way they arent on your little level.

I mean, that's kinda what I'm saying, you just said it in a different way lolz. 

*High Fives*

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I've watched a bunch of their games and he's nowhere near prime IT but he's definitely moving better now than he has been post injury. Good or bad, still better.