Isaiah Thomas 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Traitors

You are right. DDivi was NCAA most outstanding player, 2 time champ IT2 was nicknamed "The Pizza Guy"  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/kings-isaiah-thomas-pizza-guy-nickname-ad

On 10/20/2019 at 11:14 PM, bballshinobi said:

They need shot creators and ballhandlers. Nobody on that team can create his own offense besides Beal and Thomas, and since they will suck anyways I think they will play him despite his defense.

The opportunity is there and we know he has the game, so it’s just a matter of whether he’s truly healthy enough to produce.

This is the truth. I’ve been to a few wizards games and it’s even more noticeable in person. During a close game you pretty much groan if anyone except Beal has the ball. They’re in dire need of another person like that.

7 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

This is the truth. I’ve been to a few wizards games and it’s even more noticeable in person. During a close game you pretty much groan if anyone except Beal has the ball. They’re in dire need of another person like that.

It remains to be seen if Thomas is that guy because he hasn't been anywhere near as effective as a shot creator since his hip injury.  His ability to get into the paint and take guys off the dribble was poor in Denver.  I hope for Thomas' sake that he's got some of that ability back but if not then he's essentially just an undersized shooter with reduced agility which for fantasy purposes won't return value in standard leagues. 

5 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

It remains to be seen if Thomas is that guy because he hasn't been anywhere near as effective as a shot creator since his hip injury.  His ability to get into the paint and take guys off the dribble was poor in Denver.  I hope for Thomas' sake that he's got some of that ability back but if not then he's essentially just an undersized shooter with reduced agility which for fantasy purposes won't return value in standard leagues. 

That’s probably the facts. The hype could be so real for him but you’re right that’s most likely what will happen. 

1 hour ago, Extra_Rice said:

I'm still hoping that he can make a come back though. Would be a feel good story because of what could have been if he never played through the injury back in Boston. 

And my lack of PG depth has nothing to do with it

I'm in the same boat.  At this point I'd happily take production like his short stint with Phoenix.

Unlike Denver last year, he definitely will get a chance here because the Wizards are complete garbage. But sadly dude is done. 

I hope I am wrong because he gave his body up for Boston and lost a lot of money because of it.  But the hip injury took away much of the athleticism he had and it is not coming back. And even if he makes it through the season, he will have a Rozier like FG% with no stocks.

He literally has no competition on that weak trash team. Same could have been said about Derrick Rose when he went years being a shell of his former self now look at him. He somehow got most of his explosion back and hes a scoring machine the last 2 seasons. IT2 will chuck up a lot of shots and he might surprise everyone.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

He literally has no competition on that weak trash team. Same could have been said about Derrick Rose when he went years being a shell of his former self now look at him. He somehow got most of his explosion back and hes a scoring machine the last 2 seasons. IT2 will chuck up a lot of shots and he might surprise everyone.

I agree with you about Rose. His 50 point game last year was very impressive.  But his work load last year had to be managed. I hope IT2 gets back to that level. It would be fun to see and have him rewarded for a lot of hard work to get back.

2 hours ago, rabaak said:

I agree with you about Rose. His 50 point game last year was very impressive.  But his work load last year had to be managed. I hope IT2 gets back to that level. It would be fun to see and have him rewarded for a lot of hard work to get back.

Looking back at his 2016/2017 season .. was insane.

12 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Rust, new team, Dejounte Murray....

I'll wait til he has a favorable matchup, Nov. 8 vs Cleveland sounds promising.

Lol who?

This is MVP Isaiah Thomas dog. Ain't no one tryin to hear that noise lol.

10 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Lol who?

This is MVP Isaiah Thomas dog. Ain't no one tryin to hear that noise lol.

Awww...you poo wittle baby....wittle baby doesn't like noise huh?

Well just in case you didn't hear it:

Dejounte Murray 2017-2018, NBA All-Defensive Second Team

And if Zeke goes for 40 with 17/18ft, against the Spurs, well then I guess he's ready!

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Awww...you poo wittle baby....wittle baby doesn't like noise huh?

Well just in case you didn't hear it:

Dejounte Murray 2017-2018, NBA All-Defensive Second Team

And if Zeke goes for 40 with 17/18ft, against the Spurs, well then I guess he's ready!

I was gonna drop Sato for IT. Instead this fella mentioned Dejounte being second team defense... I'll see how he does tonight. Opted to pick up Fultz instead. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I was gonna drop Sato for IT. Instead this fella mentioned Dejounte being second team defense... I'll see how he does tonight. Opted to pick up Fultz instead. 

I mean I still believe in IT, I'm just not playing him tonight.

Like I wouldn't play him against Pat Bev either, Ayton out, gotta protect my FG%.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SkalChriston said:

I mean I still believe in IT, I'm just not playing him tonight.

Like I wouldn't play him against Pat Bev either, Ayton out, gotta protect my FG%.

true! Especially with his hip injury I dont expect him to go full steam.. I'm sure minute restrictions for the first few.. I could be wrong. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Isaiah Thomas 2019-2020 Outlook