NBC Sports Edge Forums

Daniel Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bruh just do the math on guys who have been on Madden covers - the curse is for real and you don’t want to be like the eight year old boy getting a special tour of the penn state locker room circa 200

welcome to Moonachie, Danny Dimes! see that kid Engram?  yeah, beastly, amirite? pepper that kid. good things will happen ... hell, i'll buy ya a Taylor Ham/Egg n'Cheese down at Manny's 🍳 ..

On 9/23/2019 at 9:52 PM, mjb said:

One expert has Danny Dimes top 7 QB ROS, do you agree?

Sheer insanity. Rookie QBs rarely do well unless undergirded by massive running value which is unlikely here.  This guy's a streamer. He was impressive against Tampa Community College's defense but he's going to have some ugly games.  And his passing game weapons are average at best.  

It's hard to play QB as a rookie. Obviously a nice dynasty asset. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, KennyWoo said:

Sheer insanity. Rookie QBs rarely do well unless undergirded by massive running value which is unlikely here.  This guy's a streamer. He was impressive against Tampa Community College's defense but he's going to have some ugly games.  And his passing game weapons are average at best.  

I hope you come back to eat crow when DJ comes in at top 5 QB ROS

• Like 1

Regardless of thoughts on talent or ROS production, Danny Dimes is a viable streaming option this week against Washington. Brissett has a pretty solid matchup against Oakland as well, but if Trubisky can lace the skins up for three tuddies, I'll give Danny Dimes a whirl after streaming Josh Allen against Cincy last week.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2019 at 1:23 AM, KennyWoo said:

There defense was ranked 8th before this week and they have the sack leader in the NFL right now. It obviously isn't that bad. DBs suck though and that's something that needs to be considered when we're talking top 10 rankings. Still I picked up Danny Dimes in every league and am starting him over Matt Ryan in a juicy match up against Washington.

33 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

There defense was ranked 8th before this week and they have the sack leader in the NFL right now. It obviously isn't that bad. DBs suck though and that's something that needs to be considered when we're talking top 10 rankings. Still I picked up Danny Dimes in every league and am starting him over Matt Ryan in a juicy match up against Washington.

Tampa's dbs do suck.

But there is a lot to like about the situation.  No Barkley and Gallman has been a nonfactor in his career starts.  Some good pass blockers (well, better than Flowers was at least).  Engram, Shepard, Tate returning.  Garbage defense.  Most of all, kid is playing with a lot of confidence and poise against the blitz.

Could be a perfect storm.  And it's hard not to look at that playoff schedule and get excited. 

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Tampa's dbs do suck.

But there is a lot to like about the situation.  No Barkley and Gallman has been a nonfactor in his career starts.  Some good pass blockers (well, better than Flowers was at least).  Engram, Shepard, Tate returning.  Garbage defense.  Most of all, kid is playing with a lot of confidence and poise against the blitz.

Could be a perfect storm.  And it's hard not to look at that playoff schedule and get excited. 

Agree with everything you're saying, I'm excited and am deploying him in 2 out of my 3 leagues. One thing I've seen thrown around in here is how the Giants have a bad defense. Why is that a good thing?

1 minute ago, greatestmetfan said:

Agree with everything you're saying, I'm excited and am deploying him in 2 out of my 3 leagues. One thing I've seen thrown around in here is how the Giants have a bad defense. Why is that a good thing?

Same reason it was a good thing for Matt Ryan last year when the Falcons D was decimated. Giving up more points equals the need to score fast and often also. More conservative gameplan when you have a solid D

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Volume.  Check out the Vikings for the converse.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Tampa's dbs do suck.

Sacked 5 times

Fumbled twice on those 5 sacks. 
An easy INT was simply dropped by a DB. 

He made some nice throws (to mainly wide open WRS) and had a couple of nice runs. 

I am going to assume he gets more comfortable, but that also defenses will learn what Jones can/can't do and adjust. And without Saquon that job gets SIGNIFICANTLY easier. 

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Sacked 5 times

Fumbled twice on those 5 sacks. 
An easy INT was simply dropped by a DB. 

He made some nice throws (to mainly wide open WRS) and had a couple of nice runs. 

I am going to assume he gets more comfortable, but that also defenses will learn what Jones can/can't do and adjust. And without Saquon that job gets SIGNIFICANTLY easier. 

Well, they were pressuring him virtually every play (rook making his first start, of course they would).

But I think "some nice throws" is underselling it when you look at this -

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bigblueview.com/platform/amp/2019/9/24/20881889/ny-giants-daniel-jones-film-study-how-well-did-he-handle-pressure-on-sunday