NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Daniel Jones 2019 Outlook

wendellrott

Most beneficial thing for him (in fantasy) is that his defense has been awful.  They score points, they get down, he has to sling it no matter what.  Barkley defenses are keying in on anyway despite his ineffectiveness.  Lots of chances to play catch up and pad stats.  He isn't going to be sitting on leads handing it off. This really helps his floor.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking ahead here. Man, does that Week 15 matchup against Miami look juicy. Jones has been not so good for fantasy but the Dolphins make QB 1's out of everyone, pretty much. He's got the weapons with Shephard back, Golden Tate, Slayton, Barkley. Is it a ballsy move to start him Week 15 if you're shaky at QB?

QBs vs. Dolphins

WEEK
OPP
C/A
YDS
TD
PTS
Bal
23/26
NE
20/28
@Dal
19/32
LAC
25/31
*Bye*
--/--
--
--
--
Wsh
13/25
@Buf
16/26
@Pit
20/36
NYJ
27/39
@Ind
18/39
Buf
21/33
@Cle
24/34
Phi
28/46

2 hours ago, MurderInc said:

Thinking ahead here. Man, does that Week 15 matchup against Miami look juicy. Jones has been not so good for fantasy but the Dolphins make QB 1's out of everyone, pretty much. He's got the weapons with Shephard back, Golden Tate, Slayton, Barkley. Is it a ballsy move to start him Week 15 if you're shaky at QB?

QBs vs. Dolphins

WEEK
OPP
C/A
YDS
TD
PTS
Bal
23/26
NE
20/28
@Dal
19/32
LAC
25/31
*Bye*
--/--
--
--
--
Wsh
13/25
@Buf
16/26
@Pit
20/36
NYJ
27/39
@Ind
18/39
Buf
21/33
@Cle
24/34
Phi
28/46

No, it's the only reason I have been holding onto him...Just hoping for good weather

2 hours ago, NolanRyan said:

I'm planning on starting him this week over both Goff and Garoppolo.

Not ideal but Phili has been giving up points to QB's who have needed to throw. (Brady and Russ didn't need to score against them)

That seems pretty bold against a Philly team coming home, where their defense plays much better, off an embarrassing loss. I’m into it at home against Miami next week but seems like trouble this week

Daniel Jones (ankle) is in a walking boot and is expected to miss Monday night's Week 14 game against the Eagles.

Eli Manning is expected to get the start, according to coach Pat Shurmur. The Giants have an extra day to get ready for Monday night, but Jones is dealing with a "mid high-ankle sprain" that is expected to cost him at least one game. Jones has mostly been a disaster since replacing Manning at quarterback, fumbling and throwing interceptions at a wild rate, so this gives him a chance to sort of reset while Manning gets his final snaps with the only team he's ever known.”

mostly been a disaster?   Who writes this nonsense?

20 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Daniel Jones (ankle) is in a walking boot and is expected to miss Monday night's Week 14 game against the Eagles.

Eli Manning is expected to get the start, according to coach Pat Shurmur. The Giants have an extra day to get ready for Monday night, but Jones is dealing with a "mid high-ankle sprain" that is expected to cost him at least one game. Jones has mostly been a disaster since replacing Manning at quarterback, fumbling and throwing interceptions at a wild rate, so this gives him a chance to sort of reset while Manning gets his final snaps with the only team he's ever known.”

mostly been a disaster?   Who writes this nonsense?

I mean, he is turning the ball over at a literal NFL record pace, and the Giants have lost 8 straight, including losses to 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

So yeah...it's been pretty disastrous as far as being a successful NFL starting QB.

1 hour ago, UVA_Drew said:

I mean, he is turning the ball over at a literal NFL record pace, and the Giants have lost 8 straight, including losses to 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

So yeah...it's been pretty disastrous as far as being a successful NFL starting QB.

he’s a rookie. So yeah...

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

I liked him a lot this week until I saw that the Redskins are -1.5 with an o/u of 41. Pretty low over under seems like not a lot of scoring is expected

I see a big scoring game, bet the over.   :)

Danny Dimes    ,     350 yards, 3td,/ 2int  day......Estimated   IMO

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

I see a big scoring game, bet the over.   :)

Danny Dimes    ,     350 yards, 3td,/ 2int  day......Estimated   IMO

maybe Vegas sees Callahan chewing clock wif AP, and the Jints leaning more on Barkley ... divisional games can be close to the vest 🤷‍♂️

only way i can see the justification for that low o/u #

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, Sivaro said:

Just picked him up, for a keeper.

VERY close to starting him this week, he is bound to throw for several TD's.....Better start than many better known names like Ryan and Winston.  I have him as a top 5 QB this week.

Geez how u know...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Geez how u know...

It was just the match-up and seeing his throwing attempts all year.   

He is just a rookie, but the good ones start turning the tide by the end of the year.   He was due.    I also like the team next year as well.     

He still has Saquan, Slayton, Shepherd, Latimer  ...and I would expect a O line heavy draft.      They were scary on paper in 2019 , but will be for real in 2020.  IMO

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1