NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me. I am starting again next week and will enjoy his 70 yard touchdown with my early morning Tea & Crumpets.

I've read a few expert reviews stating he should be a #3 WR going forward.  Maybe it's just me but I think Stills is being underrated.  He wouldn't necessarily be a weekly starter for me but regardles

Starting over Lockett.

I can't see it helping much...

He goes from being arguably the best or 2nd best WR on the Dolphins to a Texans team with Nuke, Fuller and Coutee.

I think the only way stills gets value is if/when Fuller and Coutee are hurt.  Obviously, there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

I was looking forward to Stills catching a few bombs from Fitzmagic.  But now he'll be buried in Houston.

The winner is probably Devante Parker....He had to be the de facto #1 for the Dolphins now and I haven't really heard anything but good reviews all off season.  Maybe Fitzmagic can get him going a bit.

As for Stills, waiver wire material IMO.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I can't see it helping much...

He goes from being arguably the best or 2nd best WR on the Dolphins to a Texans team with Nuke, Fuller and Coutee.

I think the only way stills gets value is if/when Fuller and Coutee are hurt.  Obviously, there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

I was looking forward to Stills catching a few bombs from Fitzmagic.  But now he'll be buried in Houston.

The winner is probably Devante Parker....He had to be the de facto #1 for the Dolphins now and I haven't really heard anything but good reviews all off season.  Maybe Fitzmagic can get him going a bit.

As for Stills, waiver wire material IMO.

Coutee is already hurt. I have a feeling that injury is more serious than Houston led us to believe. 

• 4 weeks later...

Stills is starting to cut into Keke Coutee's snap count. Stills played 32 snaps against the Chargers while Coutee played only 17 snaps.

Bill O'Brien has praised him for his intelligence and ability to quickly learn the Texans offense.

Through three games he's caught 9 passes for 164 yards and a TD. 

I'm gonna take a flier on him at the end of my bench just to see how this plays out. Fuller has a lengthy history of injuries and if he was to miss any time this year, Stills could play a larger role in that offense.

Edited by bpriess
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 9:34 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

His usage rate is top 15 in the league and actually has the highest yards per route run in the league. Limited sample size yes but I actually think he’s better than fuller. He can have a good game this weekend 

I spoke him up and I didn't keep him on the roster. Horrible feeling when you're right about something but can't follow through.

No more faab- he should be a decent wr3 or sure, maybe 2 if the TDS trickle in but will Fuller absence definitely a concern for Watson. His stats decline a bit without him, naturally

11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I spoke him up and I didn't keep him on the roster. Horrible feeling when you're right about something but can't follow through.

No more faab- he should be a decent wr3 or sure, maybe 2 if the TDS trickle in but will Fuller absence definitely a concern for Watson. His stats decline a bit without him, naturally

You really think so?  Stills is the perfect Fuller clone but doesn't have a history of chronic hammy issues if you ask me.  He's capable of making the same exact splash plays Fuller did.

Am I missing something here?  Stills showed great potential in Miami, just never had a QB to get him the ball.

Watson is a huge upgrade.  I think Stills has a lot of upside potential in this offense and I see no reason to worry about Fuller ROS. 

11 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

You really think so?  Stills is the perfect Fuller clone but doesn't have a history of chronic hammy issues if you ask me.  He's capable of making the same exact splash plays Fuller did.

Am I missing something here?  Stills showed great potential in Miami, just never had a QB to get him the ball.

Watson is a huge upgrade.  I think Stills has a lot of upside potential in this offense and I see no reason to worry about Fuller ROS. 

I agree. I think the DWat drop off in the past has been due to having no one like stills to step into that role. I’m hoping for a bit of a seamless transition and hoping this guy doesn’t have 3td drops in a game ever. 

Edited by nromn
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

I agree, Stills is basically Fuller a bit slower with better hands. Stills will have amazing potential in this offense you will see him pop off for a 150/1 game in the not too distant future.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, vinovinovino said:

Stills is averaging about 4 targets a game, and Fuller averaged about 7 targets a game.

Say he gets 1-3 of those targets, so 5-8 targets for Stills per game?

Before week 7 Fuller averaged 8 targets a game.  Can Stills get to 7?   

Still trying to decide if Stills is worth a #1 waiver claim.  

If Fuller was out indefinitely there would be no hesitation from me but because of his injury history I'm tempted to pull the trigger of Stills.

Anyone else out there considering using alot of FAAB or a high waiver claim on this guy?  

Just now, theSPANKER said:

Before week 7 Fuller averaged 8 targets a game.  Can Stills get to 7?   

Still trying to decide if Stills is worth a #1 waiver claim.  

If Fuller was out indefinitely there would be no hesitation from me but because of his injury history I'm tempted to pull the trigger of Stills.

Anyone else out there considering using alot of FAAB or a high waiver claim on this guy?  

let's not all forget how much Watson/BO'B love them some Coutee ... he might actually be the better ppr snag 🤷‍♂️