NBC Sports Edge Forums

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

With trades going down today and more likely to happen, does anyone know if the Texans are shopping for another WR?

I like Stills outlook going forward but I'm out if they bring in someone else.  

Think it's a good question to ask, with some of us looking to pick him up.  We want to be careful to avoid losing FAAB or waste a waiver claim. 

Any rumors or chatter?  Or nothing to worry about here?

One could say they already made that move and it was for Kenny. 

10 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I know Fuller is very injury prone but the reason Stills isn't worth the #1 waiver is Fuller will be back, likely just before fantasy playoffs. So you're burning your #1 for a low-end WR2 for potentially only three games (bye week 10). 

I've got AJG, so Kenny is someone I'll be able to rely on to be my WR2 while that gets sorted out. If AJG doesn't play then I'll have to make trades when/if fuller returns. I know this situation is unique to me, but I'm sure anyone that reads this waiting on AJG like me is weak at wr2 also. I'm convincing myself this is the time to burn my #1 😂

Edited by Neauxls
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not me. I am starting again next week and will enjoy his 70 yard touchdown with my early morning Tea & Crumpets.

I've read a few expert reviews stating he should be a #3 WR going forward.  Maybe it's just me but I think Stills is being underrated.  He wouldn't necessarily be a weekly starter for me but regardles

Starting over Lockett.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I know Fuller is very injury prone but the reason Stills isn't worth the #1 waiver is Fuller will be back, likely just before fantasy playoffs. So you're burning your #1 for a low-end WR2 for potentially only three games (bye week 10). 

You do realize Fuller hasn't played a full-season in his whole 4 year career right? 

While there's a chance what you've said is true, as another poster stated the likelihood of him re-aggravating his injury is pretty high.  

Like I stated in a previous thread, there is just as much risk in letting a full time WR playing with an elite QB/WR drawing #1 corners go to another team.  There is a chance he blows up and Fuller never fully recovers, odds against him IMHO.    

5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

You do realize Fuller hasn't played a full-season in his whole 4 year career right? 

While there's a chance what you've said is true, as another poster stated the likelihood of him re-aggravating his injury is pretty high.  

Like I stated in a previous thread, there is just as much risk in letting a full time WR playing with an elite QB/WR drawing #1 corners go to another team.  There is a chance he blows up and Fuller never fully recovers, odds against him IMHO.    

Outside of very deep leagues my guess is there's someone like Corey Davis/AJ, Metcalf, Sanu, Westbrook, Williams/Parker in MIA, Pascal, etc. Very possible some of those guys put up similar production ROS and you could get them for free. 

Probably starting him over BCooks this week.  Can't decide yet.  Based on Cooks so far I feel confident doing it but they play Cinci so he'll prob burn them.  Then again they may just run it cuz Cinci is so bad.

Stills going to have a big game tho, I feel it.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

Probably starting him over BCooks this week.  Can't decide yet.  Based on Cooks so far I feel confident doing it but they play Cinci so he'll prob burn them.  Then again they may just run it cuz Cinci is so bad.

Stills going to have a big game tho, I feel it.

Same boat and leaning towards Stills myself. 

9 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Coutee has potential for more catches, but I don't ever really equate him to the red zone. Kenny Stills is actually the perfect replacement for Fuller's WR style. Surprised the 7 people ahead of me didn't grab him before me.

Im just a casual observer, but to me I don’t see how KC’s role / opportunity changes significantly. Stills has been injured and is coming back and now Fuller is out. I see him sliding into Fullers role without a huge difference and things being business as usual for everyone else. I could definitely be wrong, but that’s how I’m approaching it. 

Edit: the only question for me is how long will Stills be able to keep the Fuller role before Fuller comes back (if he does).

Edited by nromn
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, nromn said:

Im just a casual observer, but to me I don’t see how KC’s role / opportunity changes significantly. Stills has been injured and is coming back and now Fuller is out. I see him sliding into Fullers role without a huge difference and things being business as usual for everyone else. I could definitely be wrong, but that’s how I’m approaching it. 

Honestly I think Stills is more of a playmaker than Fuller, although Fuller was great in his role.

Time will tell I suppose. This is why we play fantasy football. 

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

Honestly I think Stills is more of a playmaker than Fuller, although Fuller was great in his role.

Time will tell I suppose. This is why we play fantasy football. 

I can’t say I have followed Stills career closely, but they seem pretty comparable to me and I don’t think Stills is known for dropping 3td’s in a game/stone hands.

So the optimist in me says he could be much more consistent than Fuller, whole also having blow up game potential. 

• Like 1
Just now, nromn said:

I can’t say I have followed Stills career closely, but they seem pretty comparable to me and I don’t think Stills is known for dropping 3td’s in a game/stone hands.

So the optimist in me says he could be much more consistent than Fuller, whole also having blow up game potential. 

Stills should be having a 1 on 1 field day this weekend while Hopkins is going to be terrorizing the Raiders and being double-teamed.

This sort of reminds of the Cooper/Gallup duo from Dallas. So hard to cover both because they both can make plays. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Is there a timetable on Fuller's return?  And just wondering what production can we expect when he returns.

No timetable but if you have ever owned Fuller you would know not to expect him back anytime soon. I'd think 4 weeks minimum.

Houston would probably be happy to have him back for their playoff push.

2 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Will Fuller wasn't even really a WR2. He was more like a WR3 with WR2 upside.  Do we really think he's going to come in and be as good or better than Fuller? I'm not convinced.

Saying this as someone who just picked him up off the waiver wire.

I actually think Stills could be better than Fuller.  My concern is when Fuller returns, how much will that affect Stills value.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kilo said:

I actually think Stills could be better than Fuller.  My concern is when Fuller returns, how much will that affect Stills value.

I'd be surprised if Houston was winning games and Stills was on fire, that they would limit Stills to feature Fuller.. especially if they were still in the playoff picture.