NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Red Sox organization recieve threats.

The Red Sox will travel to Tampa Bay with additional security after a recent threat made against the team's players.

The Red Sox have reportedly received a mailed threat which targeted black and Latin players, naming two specifically. The team will bring its top two security officials, and get an extra security team from MLB. Law enforcement officials are looking for a suspect from Baltimore, but currently living in the Memphis area.

Boston herald reports.....

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basebal...65&srvc=rss

Crazy stuff.....the Herald report gives a little more info then the Rotoworld headline. It does say it has nothing to do with the past brawl between Tampa and Boston. Im wondering who the 2 targeted players are. Im guessing one is Manny.

anybody out there with young kids like me just has to be laughing at this posts.... for me, getting to sleep to 7 a.m. is a luxury...

this is a strange story...i didnt realize tampa bay had any fans, much less someone fanatical enough to be making death threats on red sox players... im picturing some crazy 80 year old white guy in a retirement village in the tampa area who is a life-long yankees fan and just hates the sox...

Ummmm excuse me Yawk and KDA, can you both please get back on topic here and stop hijacking my thread.....LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO B)

Ummmm excuse me Yawk and KDA, can you both please get back on topic here and stop hijacking my thread.....LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO B)

So on a side note, did you guys hear Manny pushed a 60+ year man for not getting him enough tickets for one of the Stros games? The guy was a former Boston Cop, and works for the Sox as a traveling manager, who is in charge of getting away game seats and stuff for the players...

:)

anybody out there with young kids like me just has to be laughing at this posts.... for me, getting to sleep to 7 a.m. is a luxury...

this is a strange story...i didnt realize tampa bay had any fans, much less someone fanatical enough to be making death threats on red sox players... im picturing some crazy 80 year old white guy in a retirement village in the tampa area who is a life-long yankees fan and just hates the sox...

The threat came from Baltimore or Memphis, I think

I thought this kind of low-class BS ended in the mid-1970s. Don't assume it's a Yankee fan or based on any other team allegiance. It is some kind of nut-job. I am guessing he is targeting Manny and Crisp, since Ortiz is on the DL. I am not sure if Ortiz would be traveling with the team at this point in his injury rehab.

Who originally said "Racism is stupid. There's more than enough reasons to hate people on an individual basis."

Was it Paula Poundstone?

Well, source regardless it's a great line and one that I have found too commonly applies.

I thought this kind of low-class BS ended in the mid-1970s. Don't assume it's a Yankee fan or based on any other team allegiance. It is some kind of nut-job.

Indeed. Remember the racist threats to Jeter made public just last season.

Who originally said "Racism is stupid. There's more than enough reasons to hate people on an individual basis."

Was it Paula Poundstone?

Well, source regardless it's a great line and one that I have found too commonly applies.

I think it may have been Dennis Miller.

So on a side note, did you guys hear Manny pushed a 60+ year man for not getting him enough tickets for one of the Stros games? The guy was a former Boston Cop, and works for the Sox as a traveling manager, who is in charge of getting away game seats and stuff for the players...

B)

What is it with Red Sox players beating up old men? First Pedro, now this?

I guarantee Hank Steinbrenner is the one making the threats.

Archived