NBC Sports Edge Forums

9/3 - GAME DAY THREAD

This DFS game is tough, trying to pick the exact right 8 or 9 guys each night. Not sure the strategy.  Thought the Red Sox would score a ton against the Twins tonight. Got a decent game from Devers, but JD a big nothing, Betts , Benny just nothing. 

6 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

That second Eloy HR was just a routine flyball. I know others disagree, but I hate the juiced ball and resultant HR surge. Oppo pop flies off the end of the bat should not be clearing fences.

I could see a guy like Eloy doing that. He's big got a powerful swing. It's the random MI or speedy OF hitting 20 to 25 bombs, that's the issue. 

8 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I could see a guy like Eloy doing that. He's big got a powerful swing. It's the random MI or speedy OF hitting 20 to 25 bombs, that's the issue. 

That's true, Eloy is probably a 40 HR guy starting next year and I'm sure a lot of them will be accidental shots that would be 300 foot routine flyballs for almost anyone else.

4 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Diaz just blows, period.

Officially dropped. Don't know why I held on this long. I know closers are volatile, but's it's been a while since I remember a guy going from pure domination to just flaming garbage year to year without a major injury or something.

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

This DFS game is tough, trying to pick the exact right 8 or 9 guys each night. Not sure the strategy.  Thought the Red Sox would score a ton against the Twins tonight. Got a decent game from Devers, but JD a big nothing, Betts , Benny just nothing. 

And the 3 Dodgers I played can't buy a hit off something called Chi Chi Gonzalez.