NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corbin Carroll OF ARI

The #16 overall pick in the 2019 draft, 19 year old Corbin would have been a top 5 pick if he was six foot tall rather than five foot nine. With that said, he has the makings of a plus hit tool and average power to go along with plus to plus plus speed and is a very solid bet to stick in CF. On the most recent update BA had him as the #100 overall prospect in the game. His line between rookie and short season ball .299/.409/.487 in 186PAs with 18SB to 1CS, a 15.6BB% and 22.0K%. To make a comparison, I think he's very much like Whit Merrifield. 15ish HR pop, a ton of extra base hits and 30+ SB early in his career.

• Thanks 2
  • 1 year later...

Love this kid. He's more of a gaps and line-drive hitter, but if he develops a little bit of power (like it seems he's doing), the dudes going to be an absolute monster.

His ceiling reminds me somewhat of Jacoby Ellsbury (in his prime)....Guy who can hit .300 BA, hit 10-15 HRs, score 80+ runs, and steal 40+ bases.

Should be a really fun kid to watch, his speed and hitting ability alone are enough to put him in the Top-20 overall for me in terms of prospects.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fbplayer03 said:

He up in 2022?

Despite everywhere saying 2023, I'm rolling the dice on this Mighty Manlet getting the call in the summer of 2022.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I will say this - if you don't have him this is absolutely the time to buy I'd probably wait a bit to make an offer though.

I mean, if you have the space in dynasty leagues, why not ... I guess ... but he probably won't be back playing baseball at full strength until late 2022 (and that's assuming the surgery goes well).  

His window to hit the major leagues is now looking like mid-2023 at the earliest, and again that's assuming his health post-surgery.  

Edited by Overlord
Just now, Overlord said:

I mean, if you have the space in dynasty leagues, why not ... I guess ... but he probably won't be back playing baseball at full strength until late 2022 (and that's assuming the surgery goes well).  

His window to hit the major leagues is now looking like mid-2023 at the earliest, and again that's assuming his health post-surgery.  

The talent hasn't changed, just the timeline. Why not acquire a top 10 prospect on the cheap if you aren't in a rush? Just my logic.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

The talent hasn't changed, just the timeline. Why not acquire a top 10 prospect on the cheap if you aren't in a rush? Just my logic.

It's obviously dependent on league rules.  Most keeper leagues I've done over the years incrementally increase the cost to keep guys for prolonged periods (and, obviously, most leagues you can't keep everyone you'd like to due to roster limitations).

Edited by Overlord

Brutal is right.  He was off to such a great start.  Did they say what kind of shoulder surgery?  I hope it's not a torn labrum. Even though he doesn't pitch, that's still a really difficult injury to overcome.