NBC Sports EDGE Forums

injured stars returning late 2019-2020 season?

pyro7

9 hours ago, Eltoro said:

I went back and took a closer look... he is ranked 74th from January 18th on, which is when FVV came back. If you check his games from late November to mid December, his best performances were when Kyle Lowry and then FVV was out.  

Top 75 is still great value for waiver wire add, but maybe top 35/40 is expecting too much with a healthy Toronto roster.

Toronto also has one of the best Playoff Schedules 4-3-4-4-2.   The extra games can help make up for some lost minutes.  One can also speculate on a few rest days for Lowry or FVV.  Potential is there for Powell to be useful.  

On 2/9/2020 at 3:06 AM, Espoiral said:

I'm actually really intrigued by Parker - Bagley may just be out for the season.

But Barnes and Bjelica have a hold on the SF/PF spots and although he has put up numbers (in JC's absence this year) he's just not a good real-life basketball player to unseat those two.

Maybe the backup four? That would leave him about 20 minutes or so at best. Don't think that's enough for fantasy relevancy.

Just how Divac likes em lol.

But for real, Kings are a horribly run organization. Wouldn't surprise me if they gave Parker 25-30 min a night just because he puts up good offensive numbers.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 2:25 PM, sharkpotato said:

I think by the time he gets back it'll be too late for fantasy, and thats a big IF. That being said, i'm gonna monitor this closely.

The beauty of Rotisserie. Ends on April 15th. Right down to the very end. Can probably squeeze 10 to 15 games out of him if he returns. Good enough for that championship across the finish line.

11 hours ago, deathrazor said:

Why did you choose to stash OPJ over Lauri or WCJ?

because they were already taken :D I got Nurk and OPJ in my IR and Bryant out (who should be back after the ASB). I'm just planning for the Playoffs since I'm already almost locked in for the number 1 spot. Hope they get some good minutes until the Playoffs start and if it doesn't work out with either one of them I will just pick someone from the wire. Absolutely no risk but the upside of getting someone for free who has proven to be a solid Fantasy option over the last years.

8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Not a player that will turn the tide. If you need help in steals, then I guess? At the end of the day, he's just waiver wire fodder.

Ehh I disagree, based on his recent play before he got injured.

In January his efficiency was phenomenal (shooting over 50% from the field), getting around 9 points, 4 assists, 4 boards a game.  When you couple that with the fact that he's extremely elite at steals (imo tied with Simmons for the best in the league), I think it's a no-brainer that he's a hold when healthy.  Unless you're punting steals.

Edited by sld12

34 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Ehh I disagree, based on his recent play before he got injured.

In January his efficiency was phenomenal (shooting over 50% from the field), getting around 9 points, 4 assists, 4 boards a game.  When you couple that with the fact that he's extremely elite at steals (imo tied with Simmons for the best in the league), I think it's a no-brainer that he's a hold when healthy.  Unless you're punting steals.

Half the team was missing in January. I don't think it's a no-brainer... outlook for almost all of the Bulls except Lavine is very cloudy. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:58 PM, Eltoro said:

Anyone seen any updates on injured guys? Saw that WCJ is targeting the first game after ASB but haven't seen much otherwise. 

Thomas Bryant could come back right after the allstar break according to his coach

Nurkic is not close. Havent practiced yet.

Capela hopes to get back on the court after the break but without a target date.

Curry begun 5 on 0 and will be revaluated on march 1

Ayton should be ready to play again right after the ASB 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrizz said:

Thomas Bryant could come back right after the allstar break according to his coach

Capela hopes to get back on the court after the break but without a target date.

Nurk hurt his calf recently which has set him back

14 hours ago, Chrizz said:

Nurk had been doing full court practices, he just injured his calf at the end of Jan which set him back a bit