NBC Sports Edge Forums

Yahoo Private Cash Leagues

Yahoo has had private leagues open for a month or so now. Just get the app and join a custom league. The commissioner has the option to publish the league or not, so anyone can join or they can not publish the league, and just invite whoever. Pro leagues have not opened up yet.

I'm not sure if you're able to pay yet without league safe, if that's what you mean, but you can still join and commissioners just change the setting to $ league as soon as yahoo allows (not sure when). At least I think that's how it works. If it's not an official $ league yet, the amount will usually be in the league title so you can join early and get it filled up and ready to go as soon as Yahoo allows $ leagues officially. 

On 9/4/2019 at 8:16 AM, Jesus Shuttlesworth said:

sorry if this should be in the bench coach. Does anyone know if Yahoo has discontinued having Private Cash games for season long for basketball?  or how could a guy find out? 

I’m assuming you mean the pro leagues. However, they are public and not private. I emailed the wankers and they said they are updating the terms and conditions which for some reason is delaying it by quite.

6 hours ago, Pirate said:

N was prob from people whining to them  about collusion. 

well, it was ripe for that. I think in theory a manager could only pick a game configuration that they "desired" to play, and then would get assigned a league. The problem was that there wasn't (probably isn't going to be) enough managers to have multiple games fitting one criteria in a given time window, so then you could easily "know" which league you're going into. That makes it easy to buddy up, or buy two teams. Dropping players to waivers for other teams (once they are best priority), trades, punting h2h points... not much recourse that i saw available. I sent a protest in for a trade that no way would've stood in many private money leagues i've played in, but it was deaf ears. In the end, i don't see how they won't discover the need for same kinds of rules as:

https://nfc.shgn.com/rules/286

who have been doing 'strangers online' money leagues for a while... no trades, only blind bids on FAs, only roto, no TOs, weekly lineups. (I have not done one of them... yet) Without a "real" league commish, it's difficult to oversee deviations from those settings. I joined two Y! cash leagues last year, and I didn't really see any issues in one of them, but I didn't really see great safeguards either.

is this all leading up to why i'm starting a cheapy/$40 Y! league w no trades h2h and weekly lineups that drafts in September? mmmmaybe.

maybe they get real changes into the yahoo pro money leagues though. we will see. If i can't fill my early league, I'll probably do a early cash pro league just for the live "money in it" draft practice, and then hope for the best as far as ethics of the other managers in season.

• Like 1

I joined a baseball league where while i was sleeping the commish change the trade votes from league to commish. Was an auction league and right after the draft tons of one sided trades were going on. You could tell there was a group of like 6 friends in it stacking each other teams. A bunch of us emailed yahoo about it they actually locked the commishes account then a non cheater won. 

You gotta be careful though with the leagues on there. The majority ive played in have been good but some people will cheat there own mother for a little cash. On the bright side the leagues are absurdly soft.

• Like 1

It sounds like some of you guys are conflating the private cash leagues with the pro leagues.

Pro league: pick H2H or auction, pick how much you want to buy in (from like $25 to $1000), then you're given draft times and you pick from that selection. They'll open and close leagues a lot between now and opening night.  They take a cut, usually one team's buy in worth.  There is no commish, yahoo will veto trades as they see fit. 

Private cash league: There's a human commish, the buy in can be anything, the payouts can be as wild as you can imagine. Yahoo holds the money, but they don't take a cut. 

Neither of these options are open. Which is annoying, cause I usually participate in like 10-15 of these two types a year, and I want to draft again (last completed a slow draft like two weeks ago). 

3 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Pro league: pick H2H or auction, pick how much you want to buy in (from like $25 to $1000), then you're given draft times and you pick from that selection. They'll open and close leagues a lot between now

This was what I was going on.

Although I did one of the later leagues you mentioned, and it didn't go well... Someone's money didn't clear, they didn't draft live and we're in the league still. Somehow they paid a week into the season, but like 3 teams stopped playing after a few weeks. It was definitely a last minute league launch, so those types of problems I can't really say are a direct symptom of the leagues setup.

Yahoo has a forum on Reddit about their fantasy sports. The Yahoo mod there says they should be opening up the Pro leagues and Private cash leagues soon, but hes been saying that for over 2 weeks now. He did also say they werent going to open them any sooner than they did last year. 

• Like 1

This should surprise nobody, but I got in touch with Yahoo Fantasy Care on Twitter and they still have no update on when Pro Leagues will be open for hoops. I'm sure they'll be up sooner rather than later, because free money due to fees, but it's still disappointing.

20 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

Not sure how contacting yahoo about corrupt managers would be "whining" lol. I guess it's better to just let them steal your money than "whine". 

Because half the time it's not collusion.  Last year, AD demands his trade and the AD guy panics.  I'm in second at the time, I'm like f--- it, Buddy has been a top 40 player, let me see if I can assume AD's risk in exchange for losing Buddy's pretty replaceable stat profile.  The guy bites, he accepts.  I now have Harden and AD on the same team, I'm feeling smug.

One dude in particular goes crazy.  "Collusion!  That's crazy!  You could get way more for AD! You guys are cheating! Bet you know each other in real life!"  He contacts Yahoo, Yahoo vetoes the trade.  In the end, we know that AD never really was consistent again and Buddy kept up doing exactly what he had been doing and I took the championship.  So it LITERALLY couldn't have worked out better for me.  The whiner might've saved my season from myself.  But it was still whining.

More than that, if you play in multiple leagues, like 10-15, and you make a lot of trades, it only takes a small number of people to complain about things like that before Yahoo will start looking at your account with some suspicion.  I have absolutely no idea, but if like 5-6 different owners, across different leagues, accuse the same owner of collusion, they might start to take any individual accusation more seriously.  At least, it's a risk that's annoying to have to even think about, because some people get upset at other teams making trades.  

2 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Because half the time it's not collusion.  Last year, AD demands his trade and the AD guy panics.  I'm in second at the time, I'm like f--- it, Buddy has been a top 40 player, let me see if I can assume AD's risk in exchange for losing Buddy's pretty replaceable stat profile.  The guy bites, he accepts.  I now have Harden and AD on the same team, I'm feeling smug.

One dude in particular goes crazy.  "Collusion!  That's crazy!  You could get way more for AD! You guys are cheating! Bet you know each other in real life!"  He contacts Yahoo, Yahoo vetoes the trade.  In the end, we know that AD never really was consistent again and Buddy kept up doing exactly what he had been doing and I took the championship.  So it LITERALLY couldn't have worked out better for me.  The whiner might've saved my season from myself.  But it was still whining.

More than that, if you play in multiple leagues, like 10-15, and you make a lot of trades, it only takes a small number of people to complain about things like that before Yahoo will start looking at your account with some suspicion.  I have absolutely no idea, but if like 5-6 different owners, across different leagues, accuse the same owner of collusion, they might start to take any individual accusation more seriously.  At least, it's a risk that's annoying to have to even think about, because some people get upset at other teams making trades.  

With all due respect. There is no way that trade should have been allowed. 

• Like 2

Opened my own $25 pro league in yahoo. It’s basically winner takes all

1st 250 2nd n 3rd money back.

I usually do a $20 pro league for practice for my real leagues so the pigs from my real leagues are banned. You know who you are. 

Draft is in Thursday week. 26th sep 600pm pacific 

If we fill it up n leaguesafe is done by that day then we can proceed.

League is called $25 Pro League Leaguesafe.

Let’s do this!!

Roto snake live draft 9cat etc etc 

Edited by Pirate
6 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

With all due respect. There is no way that trade should have been allowed. 

Well there's two issues:

1- Most leagues don't interfere with trades so long as they're not collusion.  So it doesn't really matter either way.

2- Having AD could've very well lost me the league, and having Buddy could very well have got that owner into the playoffs (he finished 7th).

But the point is, no one was "stealing" money, the other owner was straight up whining.  That was what I was saying: lots of times it's just people butthurt that one owner swindled another. 

• Like 1