NBC Sports Edge Forums

Are my WR's deep enough? WHIR

The way my draft panned out, my RB's are completely weak. This is my starting lineup:

QB- Baker

WR- Julio 

WR- Thielen 

RB- Cook 

RB- Ingram II

Flex- Godwin 

Flex- Jeffery 

with Tarik Cohen as my only other RB and Allison and Anthony Miller on my bench. My question is are my WR's deep enough to trade Thielen or Godwin for an established RB? I am in talks with one team about trading Thielen for Michel or Fournette but I struggle with getting rid of Thielen. Thoughts? WHIR.

hmm...you are a bit weak at RB. You think you could get Fournette or Michel for Godwin & Allison? A 2-for-1 is always my go-to for trades as long as I get the best player :) Then you could pick up someone like J. Hill or some other rookie RB that is available with high upside to help finish off your bench. 

29 minutes ago, p0k said:

hmm...you are a bit weak at RB. You think you could get Fournette or Michel for Godwin & Allison? A 2-for-1 is always my go-to for trades as long as I get the best player :) Then you could pick up someone like J. Hill or some other rookie RB that is available with high upside to help finish off your bench. 

I guess that question becomes how high are you (not you specifically but in general) on Godwin. I am really high on him and wouldn't want to undervalue him in a trade before the season even starts. I'm in a tough spot lol.

7 minutes ago, Homerj24 said:

I am ok with your backs. You could use some depth there for sure though. Is there anything at all on the wire? Maybe Justice Hill to protect your Ingram investment? Depending on the player, I could see dropping Miller. 

I drafted Hill and Mattison to protect Cook and Ingram early on in the season. And on the wire there is Ito Smith, Ty Montgomery, Mike Davis, and Ogunbowale. That is the best that I see. 

Edited by Nate1213
2 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

I drafted Hill and Mattison to protect Cook and Ingram early on in the season. And on the wire there is Ito Smith, Ty Montgomery, Mike Davis, and Ogunbowale. That is the best that I see. 

I'd hold Miller for now. Injuries happen. Something will open up. Good luck.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nate1213 said:

The way my draft panned out, my RB's are completely weak. This is my starting lineup:

QB- Baker

WR- Julio 

WR- Thielen 

RB- Cook 

RB- Ingram II

Flex- Godwin 

Flex- Jeffery 

with Tarik Cohen as my only other RB and Allison and Anthony Miller on my bench. My question is are my WR's deep enough to trade Thielen or Godwin for an established RB? I am in talks with one team about trading Thielen for Michel or Fournette but I struggle with getting rid of Thielen. Thoughts? WHIR.

Id hold off for now, I think Cook is a good rb1 and Ingram should have some upside. Who else do you have at rb behind those 3?

1 minute ago, Homerj24 said:

I'd hold Miller for now. Injuries happen. Something will open up. Good luck.

2 minutes ago, evobeatsti said:

Id hold off for now, I think Cook is a good rb1 and Ingram should have some upside. Who else do you have at rb behind those 3?

Justice Hill and Mattison, both handcuffs to my starting RB's. That's it. 

As a Bears fan i'll say it: Why are people even drafting Tarik Cohen? He's totally a situational back which will make his production inconsistent. He was a great kick returner last year but the Bears went out and got Patterson to handle that.  And with all that he's still gonna be behind Montgomery and Davis in the backfield.  I'd put him on the block along with Alshon (who I'm also not hot on) and see if he generates interest for a solid RB2 with upgrade potential

• Like 1
2 hours ago, seanmarks03 said:

id trade Thielen for Fournette asap, I actually think Thielen has a quietier year

I tend to agree about Thielen. My thought process was sell high on Thielen after what hopefully is a really strong first few weeks. But I didn't expect my RB's to be as weak as it is.