NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams Owner... Do I need McCoy? WHIR

Williams fell to me in the late 4th round, and I felt like I had to take him. Sadly, I missed out on McCoy and am wondering what would be okay to give up in a trade. Would you sell Justin Jackson + a piece? Is that too much if Jackson becomes the lead back on LA?

My Team (12tm PPR):

QB - Goff

RB - Fournette, Williams, Duke, Breida, Jackson, Justice Hill,

WR - Julio, Tyreek, Woods, Funchess, Humphries, Pettis

TE - Grahm, Waller

DST- Ravens, K- Tucker

Outside of McCoy, I don't have interest in any of his other players (Kirk, M. Jones, J. Brown, T. Williams, S. Shepard). Would you make a move? Or hope Damien takes a 60/40 split?

WHIR

Edited by Heizz

You don't need McCoy. Williams still has the best outlook here. Unfortunately, you're just going to have a bit of a value hit on Williams, even at that draft cost, with McCoy coming in to take touches. He still has a wide range of outcomes though, including a season-long RB1 in that offense.

• Like 1

As a D.Williams owner, I would not feel too comfortable if I did not have McCoy too.  Nobody knows how this is going to play out, McCoy could become the man in KC or he could be no threat at all. If you can get him without giving up too much, like JJ straight up then I would do it.  JJ isn't much use to you unless you own Gordon or Ekeler gets injured.  Even with the backfield to himself JJ hasn't done much. Trust me, I was a Gordon owner last year who had Ekeler an JJ and neither did much for me when they had the backfield to themselves.  

• Like 1

It's hard to tell. We wont know for sure until maybe week 2 or 3 if it's worth owning William's or McCoy. The coach said it will be a timeshare and it ruins William's value. If you do get him, would you be starting both? It's a toss up but I would rather have Williams than McCoy because of his upside. Or maybe look into trading William's to the McCoy owner for another RB.

• Like 1