NBC Sports Edge Forums

Did I mess up? Just accepted big trade?!?! 100% WHIR

Just accepted a trade in my Big money league $500 buy-in yahoo pro league, 10 team .5 ppr

I got Nick Chubb,  and I sent mark Ingram, Tyler Lockett, Tarik Cohen, and Corey Davis.

my team now is

Qb- Winston, Murray

RB- CMC, Chubb, Josh jacobs

WR-Evans, Dede Westbrook 

TE- Kittle, Waller

Dst-Rams, Cowboys ( Rams play 3 top 5 offenses to begin the season, cowboys play 3 bottom 5 offenses will drop cowboys for week 4)

i will had 3 bench spots that I will pickup probably desean Jackson, Hockenson, and Geranimo

Was it a good trade co spidering my lineup? Or a bad move ? Thank you guys 

I don't love it. There are a lot of people on here who are bigger on Chubb than I am but personally I think you gave up too much. Now your bench is pretty weak for a 10 team league. That will sting when injuries and byes start to kick in. You could really end up regretting this one if Hunt ends up taking any relevant share of the backfield work when he returns. 

It's an okay trade. You gave up a haul but you got the best player. It's over now, so roll with it and hope it works out. I don't love any of the players you gave up and I think Chubb will be a beast for most of the season, so I'd probably have done it just for the upside. I'd give it a B-.

Unfortunately, your depth is now thrashed, especially at WR2. You will need to rebuild your bench through waivering at RB and WR. Do not add Hockenson. You don't need a 3rd TE, let alone a 2nd. You could also trade Waller with his value up after the AB news. Fortunately, it's easier to rebuild RB4 and WR2 and WR3 than find a RB1, so that's another point to your favor. Allison and Desean are good pickups to rebuild your depth.

I love it as I think Chubb is a late first round talent. 10 team means lots of options so you want to load up on top flight talent.

help with my defense question please

I'm higher than the consensus on Chubb, and lower than the consensus on Lockett, so I really like the deal.  It does leave you a little thin at WR, but your plan to make up for that, in my opinion, makes up for what you gave up.  Well done.

I like it. CMC, Chubb, and Evans is an incredible core! Its really an Ingram and Lockett for Chubb trade as the other two players are expendable in a ten team league and I think the Chubb side of that trade wins. Chubb and CMC is a dominant top two RBs. By the way count me in the camp that sees Chubb's value not being eaten into much by Kareem Hunt who is barred from practicing with the team for the time he is suspended. The idea that he's just going to rush in and get major snaps and play like he did with KC after several weeks of not practicing either physically with the team or mentally with the playbook of the offense...not seeing it. 

Yeah I love that you got Chubb.  I mean sometimes you have to give up a lot to get who you want.  I'd rather have Chubb then Ingram or Cohen.  Tyler Lockett may hurt a little but hey thats how big trades should be.  Would have been nice to get back a little something else though.  

I agree, you definitely got a starter rather than semi above average players. I think Ingram won't hold up all year and Justice Hill will eventually replace him. Lockett I think is the only one that I believe you lost value in. Overall I think it made your team stronger but need to hurry and pick up potential upside players. Good job though!

You got the best player but gave up a lot of depth, would have been nice to have gotten another player back. I actually think Ingram is going to be good this year but Chubb is still obviously superior. I’m not sure if I would have pulled the trigger but it doesn’t look to be a big mistake.

12 hours ago, Brye said:

my Big money league $500 buy-in yahoo pro league

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, Brye said:

10 team .5 ppr

I got Nick Chubb,  and I sent mark Ingram, Tyler Lockett, Tarik Cohen, and Corey Davis.

in a 10-team, that's a 2nd rounder for a 4th rounder and 2 5th rounders.

I think that's a lot, to be honest and in my view you overpaid. I think 2 out of those 3 would have been better.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Brye said:

"Just accepted a trade in my Big money league $500 buy-in yahoo pro league, 10 team .5 ppr. I got Nick Chubb, and I sent Mark Ingram, Tyler Lockett, Tarik Cohen and Corey Davis. ... Was it a good trade co spidering my lineup? Or a bad move?" 

I like Nick Chubb a lot, but to me it's not so much what you gave up but your contingency plan & overall strategy. You've placed way too much emphasis on the single slot positions. You're carrying two streaming options at QB, what for? It's almost a certainty that this is standard scoring for D/ST. I just opened another window & according to FantasyPros, the Bears were the only defense that gave owners more than the 160 points you get from the 10-point shutout bonus at the beginning of each game. Meaning, in standard they were the only D/ST that averaged more than 10pts/G. The vast majority are in that 5-8 point range. When this is the reality, it's no different than carrying two kickers. Then, to consider adding a 3rd TE, omg. 

It's too much & leaves you very thin where you (any of us) need it the most, which is at RB & WR. As others have mentioned, you're banking on none of your starters underperforming, getting injured, always matchup proof & no bye week conflict or issue. Hat's off to you if you make that work, because I know I never could!! ha-ha. It's just me, but off your waiver wire if WR Tyrell Williams is there, he's the 1st one I would add. 10-teamer, James Washington or Michael Gallup might still be there. At RB, Alexander Mattison could very well be an option for you or any one of the Tampa 'backs. It's likely there isn't even one Redskin WR rostered in your league! Someone is going to consistently see 7, 8 targets per, which one? Early on, my bet would be Trey Quinn.  

Edited by markrc99

I apologize for the critique, one last thing, I promise. :e Given that your trading partner was going to have to drop as many as three players, were none of them worth negotiating for? 

Edited by markrc99

The add o

1 minute ago, markrc99 said:

I apologize for the critique, one last thing, I promise. :e Given that your trading partner was going to have to drop as many as three players, were none of them worth negotiating for? 

Well he sent me hunt, stills, Browns d as well but going to drop them right?

Not Kenny Stills I wouldn't, the Texans were reportedly looking for a WR they could play opposite Hopkins. I've said that before & I think most people would say: no, Will Fuller is that guy. Stills is a crafty route runner & every bit the deep threat Fuller is. You know, Fuller wasn't much of an option until Watson took over. Who has Kenny Stills had? Watson could very well mean the same thing to him! Could be wrong but I think that spot is open & Stills, more than capable. 

In Standard, I guess the Browns aren't that great an option, but week one at home vs Tennessee seems like a good matchup. Hot teams, often the DEF & return game feed off the offense & that could happen here. Hunt can't help you now & might not even when he does suit up. But he is of interest should something happen to Chubb. He may have trade value around mid-season. I'd carry him before I would a 3rd TE. This was a good deal you got! 😀Well done!

Edited by markrc99
33 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Not Kenny Stills I wouldn't, the Texans were reportedly looking for a WR they could play opposite Hopkins. I've said that before & I think most people would say: no, Will Fuller is that guy. Stills is a crafty route runner & every bit the deep threat Fuller is. You know, Fuller wasn't much of an option until Watson took over. Who has Kenny Stills had? Watson could very well mean the same thing to him! Could be wrong but I think that spot is open & Stills, more than capable. 

In Standard, I guess the Browns aren't that great an option, but week one at home vs Tennessee seems like a good matchup. Hot teams, often the DEF & return game feed off the offense & that could happen here. Hunt can't help you now & might not even when he does suit up. But he is of interest should something happen to Chubb. He may have trade value around mid-season. I'd carry him before I would a 3rd TE. This was a good deal you got! 😀Well done!

Ty o think I will just keep hunt as a super high quality cuff in case Chubb gets hurt

It seems Chubb is ranked WAAAAAY higher on Yahoo than in other places.

This causes people to draft Chubb early when on Yahoo because they figure there's something up and some expert knows something.  So when doing mocks, people take him early, which in turn makes his ADP look more and more like he should be drafted sooner, etc.

Having said that - I like him a lot this year...but I don't particularly like your trade.