NBC Sports Edge Forums

9/5/2019 Packers @ Bears Game Day Thread

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Wow thanks for this. So essentially this is saying Mike Davis is the starting tailback for the Bears?

To Dmont's owners... it's the opposite effect...

Make as you will, use the force 😁

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way its cool to see everyone back here again  

this marks the 5th year anniversary of when I said I would quit playing fantasy football 

He’s leading the NFL in rushing yardage. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

Yeah and they loss ... Thats why he will have more snaps week 2.

Kinda hard to throw Monty out next week again if your 0-1 from the 3 points he put up tonight but hey go for it 

9 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Monty was wide open over the middle every play and Trubisky didnt even look at him once. 

Nagy ruined Jordan Howard and I'm sure he'll ruin David Montgomery

Because Trubisky is a one read quarterback. If Montgomery is not the first read on a play he won’t get the ball. 

If trubisky’s first read is open he can complete a ball. If not, he’ll try to scramble or he’ll throw a terrible ball that’s in danger of getting picked off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onion said:

Nagy pissed away an easy win. Don't care about the Bears, Monty is my 4th RB, but WOW. This was not what I expected to see.

He really did. Trubisky is good at running the ball and with simple fool proof routes. They have the skill guys (Arob, Miller, Gabriel, Cohen, Monty) to stick to a limited playbook and win a lot of games 16-10 or 17-7. But I don't think Nagy's ego will allow him to play safe and conventional and take that 16-10 win. He wants that 65 yard highlight TD pass. And he wants it on a double reverse with a special teams gunner throwing it and Akiem Hicks catching it. And if he can't have that, *********** would rather lose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would have to think as the season progresses Monty role will increase and his ADP will be justified. I think it was naive of all of us to think he was going to produce right away but he did look good on a 10 yard run and made a nice catch. I say by week 4 mike Davis will be faded out and Monty will get 15 carries or so

10 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

That's simply unreal.They didn't even try Mont on their 2 final drives. Davis out there catching 2 yard passes on their own 35 yard line lol

DMont was out there on Trub’s int.  He was semi-open, Cohen was very open....at least from the angle I saw on TV. 

3 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

Because Trubisky is a one read quarterback. If Montgomery is not the first read on a play he won’t get the ball. 

If trubisky’s first read is open he can complete a ball. If not, he’ll try to scramble or he’ll throw a terrible ball that’s in danger of getting picked off.

Correction.  If Trubisky’s first read is open he can sometimes complete a ball, if he doesn’t overthrow it, underthrow it, or get sacked because he waited too long.

29 minutes ago, Onion said:

Al Michaels sounding a little off tonight.

Best part was when he and his math surgeon buddy were trying to figure out whether the Bears should go for it on fourth down with two minutes left and down by seven.

5 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

I'm just as annoyed as a lot of you here, starting both Monty and Jones hurt, but I think we're overreacting. Monty's role will keep increasing cause he clearly looked like the best back tonight. 

I'm more concerned about Aaron Jones splitting so many carries with J.Will.  

all we can do is hope but history is not on our side with monty. Outsnapped by a large margin, nearly tied in carries and mitch had 45 pass attempts in a game where they were never down by more than 7 points. How many weeks will it take to get it right?

19 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

DMont was out there on Trub’s int.  He was semi-open, Cohen was very open....at least from the angle I saw on TV. 

He was open several times but as mentioned above, Trubisky only looks at his first read.  

I am concerned about Montgomery in the sense that I don't think Nagy is a particularly good coach and Trubisky stinks, so I'm concerned about a limited upside as well as gameflow getting away from him. I don't understand how Montgomery barely saw the field after his 27 yd reception, which was one of Chicago's biggest plays of the night on offense, let alone not touch the ball again afterwards. That's just poor coaching.

I expect Tarik Cohen to get his simply from a PPR standpoint (and perhaps he's the only Bears RB worth playing at the moment until things change) with the dumpoff passes, but we saw too much of Mike Davis for our liking tonight.

37 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Yeah Nagy was as bad as ever tonight, but Trubisky still managed to be a way bigger thorn in Chicago's side. He was unreal bad.

• Like 1