9/5/2019 Packers @ Bears Game Day Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the way its cool to see everyone back here again  

this marks the 5th year anniversary of when I said I would quit playing fantasy football 

He’s leading the NFL in rushing yardage. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Yeah Nagy was as bad as ever tonight, but Trubisky still managed to be a way bigger thorn in Chicago's side. He was unreal bad.

Trubisky was bad as expected. Nagy continues to be routed as a good coach but has shown his decision making is atrocious. 

When Mitch ******** Trubisky throws 45 times and you run 15, with an absolutely dominant defense, you need to be fired. He's an absolute embarrassing coach. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Trubisky was bad as expected. Nagy continues to be routed as a good coach but has shown his decision making is atrocious. 

When Mitch ******** Trubisky throws 45 times and you run 15, with an absolutely dominant defense, you need to be fired. He's an absolute embarrassing coach. 

Yeah. Bears looked awful today. If they established the run in the first half they still probably win that game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

held Aaron Rodgers to TEN POINTS and still threw it 45 times. The mods wont open the thread but the warnings about nagy were put out there

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Guwop said:

all we can do is hope but history is not on our side with monty. Outsnapped by a large margin, nearly tied in carries and mitch had 45 pass attempts in a game where they were never down by more than 7 points. How many weeks will it take to get it right?

Hopefully Nagy will learn quickly.  He is already getting raked over the coals by the analysts.  I've heard multiple analysts say that he should have run the ball more and given his offensive line a chance to win.  12 carries is indefensible and I bet he's going to get an earful for the next 10 days.  That wasn't Bears football.  Bears fans are used to power running and strong D.  Analysts were criticizing him for basically being too cute and not playing a man's game.

We'll see next game what happens.

1 minute ago, TheJRod2006 said:

I don't blame them for being frustrated but I think better days are ahead for Montgomery owners. Patience.

I think Montgomery will earn more carries as the season progresses, but I think he'll still be a headache in that offense due to Nagy.

Lafleur throwing the ball second down on a close the game out drive was the worst call all night and that’s really saying something. I hate this new wave look at me garbage. Dan Quinn lost a Super Bowl doing it. Not a single one of us know the nuances of play design and the x’s and o’s but I think just about all of us know the proper things to do in most situations. I wasn’t impressed with anything tonight besides the defenses.

1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Lafleur throwing the ball second down on a close the game out drive was the worst call all night and that’s really saying something. I hate this new wave look at me garbage. Dan Quinn lost a Super Bowl doing it. Not a single one of us know the nuances of play design and the x’s and o’s but I think just about all of us know the proper things to do in most situations. I wasn’t impressed with anything tonight besides the defenses.

I had absolutely zero problem with the playcall. Play to win, not to not lose.

Everyone expects run in that situation, and a first down wins the game. It wasn't a difficult throw either, Rodgers just missed it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Same thing as the Seahawks/Patriots throw. It's not the throw, it's the type of passing play. They threw a quick pass out wide, where that corner could have just been aggressive, jumped that route, and taken it back for 6. There are a bunch of different passing calls they could've made there that would've been at least somewhat acceptable, that could've had 0 risk of a turnover. The reason this was actually so stupid, though, is because the Bears offense was completely lifeless all night, as was Green Bay's, so there was no reason to be concerned with anything except for playing conservative and running clock.

4 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

I completely agree and it's bad coaching like this where I can understand why Aaron Rodgers is surly and hates his coaches. He's probably tired of being surrounded by morons wasting what's left of his prime.

21 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I had absolutely zero problem with the playcall. Play to win, not to not lose.

Everyone expects run in that situation, and a first down wins the game. It wasn't a difficult throw either, Rodgers just missed it.

I make them burn the timeout. Trubisky and the Bears offense didn’t threaten all night. You still have third down to throw if you need to.

Edited by Marty Funkhouser
3 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

I make them burn the timeout. Trubisky and the Bears offense didn’t threaten all night. You still have third down to throw if you need to.

The Bears threatened to score the possession before until Trubisky threw an ill-advised pick in the endzone.

Go rewatch the 2nd down play, Rodgers just missed the throw. Calling the play was a good process, it was just poor execution. 

1 hour ago, TheJRod2006 said:

I don't blame them for being frustrated but I think better days are ahead for Montgomery owners. Patience.

Well...cant get much worse.

I think this game helps in the long run.  Unless Nagy truly is a moron, he will emphasize the run.  When you have a good running back and a bad quarterback, it only makes sense.

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Well...cant get much worse.

I think this game helps in the long run.  Unless Nagy truly is a moron, he will emphasize the run.  When you have a good running back and a bad quarterback, it only makes sense.

He had a dominant defense, a decent running back (not the one who lines up as a WR), and the same quarterback last year and they never emphasized the run. Granted maybe losing a few of the close games will give him some hubris but didn't Rodgers come back to beat them by one point almost exactly one year ago because he refused to run the ball?

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, fujishig said:

He had a dominant defense, a decent running back (not the one who lines up as a WR), and the same quarterback last year and they never emphasized the run. Granted maybe losing a few of the close games will give him some hubris but didn't Rodgers come back to beat them by one point almost exactly one year ago because he refused to run the ball?

There were only 5 teams that ran the ball at a higher percentage than Chicago did last year.  They were very run heavy.  They need to get back to that and it was shocking to see them try to win with trubiskys arm.

Waiting for the D Mont thread to open up so I can take my medicine but all is not lost. He still looked better than Mike Davis who is just a pedestrian type of player. Good things should come for Montgomery as long as Nagy can get out of his own way. Fingers crossed he does but, man, that may have been the worst coached game I have ever seen. This guy is a complete idiot.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

as a Monty owner who chose not to heed the Nagy warnings, all i gotta say is ... 

Image result for jump out window gif

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

as a Monty owner who chose not to heed the Nagy warnings, all i gotta say is ... 

Image result for jump out window gif

I'm right there with you!  Except I had D Mont, A Jones, and A Miller in this game!

Edited by Kilo