NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Buy Low / Sell High 2019

Members_Only_76

17 hours ago, meverett85 said:

Selling high

• Ekeler; Production has been crazy good. Melvin Gordon looms and Justin Jackson looks good. Think he has peak value right now.
  • Breida; Guy is super talented, no doubt. He just isn't a workhorse back and gets zero redzone love, not to mention the injury bug. I'm trying to package him in a deal to a RB needy team.
  • Brady; No way he keeps this going. The guy is how old? The fantasy pundits have all jumped back on the bandwagon....doubt A.Brown finishes the season with the Patriots. He is getting top 5 QB love....SELL
  • Gurley; Must suck watching this guy play, huh? Feel like you are almost expecting him to come up gimpy after any scrum.....sell and pickup his backup. Can you get Aaron Jones for him?

Sell Ekeler because JJ looks good?  🤣

MG looms?  Has there been new news he's coming back next soon? 

Selling high

• Ekeler; Production has been crazy good. Melvin Gordon looms and Justin Jackson looks good. Think he has peak value right now.
  • Breida; Guy is super talented, no doubt. He just isn't a workhorse back and gets zero redzone love, not to mention the injury bug. I'm trying to package him in a deal to a RB needy team.
  • Brady; No way he keeps this going. The guy is how old? The fantasy pundits have all jumped back on the bandwagon....doubt A.Brown finishes the season with the Patriots. He is getting top 5 QB love....SELL
  • Gurley; Must suck watching this guy play, huh? Feel like you are almost expecting him to come up gimpy after any scrum.....sell and pickup his backup. Can you get Aaron Jones for him?

On Brady- maybe Gronk comes back when AB leaves? Bill is ready to run up the scores this year...Tom is a good play until the weather gets too bad. 

Selling high

You are so right about Gurley. I actually panicked made a bad trade to get rid of him and despite not getting equal value, I enjoyed week 2 much more. Was stuck watching the Rams game too. He may have a top 10 season but rightly or wrongly I’m still relieved to not have to stress over that knee

32 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Sell Ekeler because JJ looks good?  🤣

MG looms?  Has there been new news he's coming back next soon? 

I agree Ekeler is a good sell high....maybe not because JJ looks good though....

If Gordon returns, Ekeler goes back to his normal barely flex worthy role.

If Ekeler continues seeing the big workload he's getting, good chance he gets hurt IMO.

Obviously, not giving Ekeler away.  But if I could get somebody I liked, I'd be trading him.  I don't have many shares of him but I don't think he's a guy that helps you much come fantasy playoff time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

No way - dude is legit and here to stay in fantasy.

Lamar is legit, but his value is never going to be higher. Maybe you can get an RB1/2 for him and ride your backup or stream QBs the rest of the season. The Brees/Big Ben owners are probably listening. If L-Jax comes back to earth next week, moving him is going to be as difficult as it always is to move a QB.

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Lamar is legit, but his value is never going to be higher. Maybe you can get an RB1/2 for him and ride your backup or stream QBs the rest of the season. The Brees/Big Ben owners are probably listening. If L-Jax comes back to earth next week, moving him is going to be as difficult as it always is to move a QB.

This is a fair point. It's not that Lamar isn't a stud--he is--but that (depending on your roster) you may want to sell him at peak value for an RB1/WR1 who would outscore your next player by far more points than Lamar might outscore your second QB. 

22 hours ago, CooL said:

Sell low for a bag of peanuts: Dante Pettis. If you can get somebody’s third kicker, you’ll end up winning that trade.

Sell high (or at least test the water): John Ross. Has been awesome, but AJ Green coming back maybe week 4?

I traded John Ross for Dante Pettis after week 1.

Am I doing it right?!

Smh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

He played MIA and AZ with no Peterson. He's a sell high. He may be good....but he's not this good and will come down to earth sooner than later.

Ekeler is an interesting "sell high" candidate but if you're doing it you have to truly sell high.  "Sell high" on Ekeler means top 10 RB value.  The likely buyer for Ekeler is going to try to give you the Ol' Softshoe and say "Gordon's coming back, I don't think he can keep it up," etc.  The fact of the matter is that right now Ekeler is the clear lead back in a top offense and he has no meaningful competition for his role.  Ekeler is getting 70% of the carries, virtually all the passing game work, and the only other guy on the roster right now is basically an UDFA (his draft slot was UDFA until the NFL fluffed the draft up with more picks so guys who played at places that care about academics could get drafted too).  

So you can't sell him for one of the KC running backs, Alshon, T.Y. Hilton, etc.  To sell high you need to get full freight.  And if Gordon comes back in a few weeks, so what?  Will you be kicking yourself for missing out on trading him for a back-end RB2 or a boom-bust WR2?  If you are doing your job properly you may find a player of that caliber off the wire in the interim.  Plus you'll enjoy the wins Ekeler's getting you.  And if Gordon doesn't come back (or gets traded; although neither is particularly likely you never know), you are in the highest cotton.

• Like 3

I think the prime buy lows right now should be Evans and Kittle.

Both slow out of the gate. Evans in a new offense thus far looks like the two to Godwin, kittle not getting as much burn with Debo and the run game dominating firs two weeks. Things you don’t see in the box score kittle had two tds called back due to penalty and I believe Evans had one or two td drops in end zone. 

Bottom line these guys are both arguably top 5 talent wise at their positions and talent usually wins out in the end. I feel better about kittle because Jameis is a mess.