NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

Geez. Almost looks like a showcase lineup tonight for the Wolves. Play everyone. Maybe they’re about to blow it up. Looks like Okogie and Culver couldn’t hit the side of a barn and Covington hitting the floor probably didn’t hurt but still can’t help but think blow up could be in the cards at some point in the future. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone get him a shrink before he turns into kyrie

As KAT owners, we accept the worst, but hope for the best. Get your trolling a$$ outta here. 

Honestly. This guy is having fantasies about fantasy and everyone else is too busy calling KAT a pussy to notice we may have a god damn prophet roaming around on Rotoworld forums.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Geez. Almost looks like a showcase lineup tonight for the Wolves. Play everyone. Maybe they’re about to blow it up. Looks like Okogie and Culver couldn’t hit the side of a barn and Covington hitting the floor probably didn’t hurt but still can’t help but think blow up could be in the cards at some point in the future. 

Maybe the rest of the team but I don't think they'll trade Towns. Not when they've got him locked for the next 4 years at a very reasonable salary and he's only 24 playing as one of the best centers in the league.

Edit: If they do blow it up, I hope Wiggins is out, a pass first PG is in, and Towns gets the green light to chuck up shots like Harden. 🤤

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

Maybe the rest of the team but I don't think they'll trade Towns. Not when they've got him locked for the next 4 years at a very reasonable salary and he's only 24 playing as one of the best centers in the league.

Edit: If they do blow it up, I hope Wiggins is out, a pass first PG is in, and Towns gets the green light to chuck up shots like Harden. 🤤

Oh I agree Towns would certainly stay. It did have that fire sale vibe. I also agree Wiggins is the key here. On the other hand that tid bit about Covington to Rickets added a twirl. Maybe both Cov and Wig. Who knows? Culver seems like a solid piece for them along Towns. Geez maybe Teague is out as well. I think in the East teams will wait to see what Detroit, NY and Atlanta are going to do before anything happens. All three are on the verge of making a move. 

Toronto will probably play reactionary to what happens. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

We can only hope! 

6 hours ago, fbbaddict said:

I anticipated that he would sit yesterday, but if he won't return Thursday, I'm afraid I will be one of those shutdown conspiracy guys.

He almost had a career ending injury it looked way worse than it was. KAT is the most durable player if he’s sitting he’s legit hurt. There’s no way in hell a 24 year old franchise player gets shut down. This “shut down” non sense only comes from the rotoworld “experts” it ain’t happening 

10 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He almost had a career ending injury it looked way worse than it was. KAT is the most durable player if he’s sitting he’s legit hurt. There’s no way in hell a 24 year old franchise player gets shut down. This “shut down” non sense only comes from the rotoworld “experts” it ain’t happening 

I definitely agree. My comment was totally sarcastic.

11 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Rotoworld was sucking him off the first week of the season.  He wasn't even the #1 player when he was healthy and looks like a major regret for those who took him #1 after listening to the "experts",

Mate, you sound like he's not putting up a top 10 value. He's 3rd best player after Harden and AD in per-game rankings, and there's a wide margin between KAT and 4th best player. We all knew AD has a better per-game value, it was his injury history that made us picking Towns ahead of him. And it's not a MAJOR regret to pick Towns ahead of Harden, it's only a small one.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Rotoworld was sucking him off the first week of the season.  He wasn't even the #1 player when he was healthy and looks like a major regret for those who took him #1 after listening to the "experts",

He was no.1 at a certain point. Who is your unanimous #1?

1 hour ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Since you’re clearly an expert why did you pick him then lol

2 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Harden obviously.  AD, Giannis, and Doncic are ahead of KAT for me too ROS.  Possibly even Damien and LeBron.

You are dreaming... KAT is a clear no.2 after Harden.

There are two *cheatcode* in fantasy basketball this year.  That is Harden and KAT.  Harden is better in 8 cat while KAT is better in 9 cat

Find me another center that averages 3.5 - 5 3pt while putting up elite center stats this year (15reb 5ast 1.5stl 1.0blk) while shooting 55% and 83%FT

He has no weakness

• Like 1
8 hours ago, fbbaddict said:

I anticipated that he would sit yesterday, but if he won't return Thursday, I'm afraid I will be one of those shutdown conspiracy guys.

If he gets shutdown, it's because his knee is ruined. We cut him and move on. He gave us a great season.

7 hours ago, HooLeeFook said:

You are dreaming... KAT is a clear no.2 after Harden.

There are two *cheatcode* in fantasy basketball this year.  That is Harden and KAT.  Harden is better in 8 cat while KAT is better in 9 cat

Find me another center that averages 3.5 - 5 3pt while putting up elite center stats this year (15reb 5ast 1.5stl 1.0blk) while shooting 55% and 83%FT

He has no weakness

KAT is great. But this is so egregiously wrong.

Is this KATs burner account? 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Harden obviously.  AD, Giannis, and Doncic are ahead of KAT for me too ROS.  Possibly even Damien and LeBron.

You're just based off the current ranking. Are you taking into the consideration that players have missed games and thus the lowered ranking at the moment?

Harden is no.1 right now, but since KAT has been #1 before, Harden obviously wasn't number one then. The point? #1 keeps changing and nothing is set until the end of the season. 

• Like 4
On 12/24/2019 at 5:50 AM, fbbaddict said:

I definitely agree. My comment was totally sarcastic.

Mate, you sound like he's not putting up a top 10 value. He's 3rd best player after Harden and AD in per-game rankings, and there's a wide margin between KAT and 4th best player. We all knew AD has a better per-game value, it was his injury history that made us picking Towns ahead of him. And it's not a MAJOR regret to pick Towns ahead of Harden, it's only a small one.

i’d take towns 1 knowing how good he’s been this year .. AD only has blocks on him, that’s it

hardens game is ugly and i prefer not to have him on my team tbh

hating on kat for sitting out a week on an injury that most would take months off from is hilarious tho

• Like 1