Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, croydonfacelift said:

We're in the fourth week of Towns, and NBA superstar, being injured without ever being told what the specific injury is. Are the Wolves scheming, incompetent or what?

All the rest is also plausible, but incompetence is a key feature in the Wolves' DNA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone get him a shrink before he turns into kyrie

As KAT owners, we accept the worst, but hope for the best. Get your trolling a$$ outta here. 

Honestly. This guy is having fantasies about fantasy and everyone else is too busy calling KAT a pussy to notice we may have a god damn prophet roaming around on Rotoworld forums.

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

For the love of frick just let us know what's going on.  I'm tired of dropping and adding Dieng.


why are doing that? 
 

Dieng is pretty much a must own while KAT is licking his a**.

 

keep Dieng 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This reeks of the situation with Covington last year. 

 

Unknown Knee Issue... Listed Questionable nearly every game... proceeds to miss rest of season (3 months+).

 

The wolves are terrible at being transparent. Hopefully we get some good news soon but I'm not holding my breath.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

May I join this gathering around the bonfire?

Kyrie owner here, & I know how you all feel.

The Wolves might be holding him off the court in order to keep him healthy for a possible trade or he’s really hurting. Either way just hope for the best, but at the same time brace yourself for the worst. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

May I join this gathering around the bonfire?

Kyrie owner here, & I know how you all feel.

The Wolves might be holding him off the court in order to keep him healthy for a possible trade or he’s really hurting. Either way just hope for the best, but at the same time brace yourself for the worst. 

 

I mean, not even close to the same situation.  Kyrie is legit hurt and is also in a mental state where he probably couldn't play at a high level even if he wanted.  That guy has a history of both on court injury and off court problems with team mates so you drafted him knowing all that.  He's never played more than 72 games in a season.  His last two: 60, 67.

Meanwhile Kat is basically the best iron man elite big n fantasy going on half a decade now.  He'd missed 5 games in 4 years.  

So it's not a apples to apples comp but I feel ya having an asset on the sideline.  It just sucks because there is a reason many owners had Kyrie on their "do not draft list" and why KAT was basically 1-3 H2H depending on your personal build preference and your thoughts on the new look Rockets and Lakers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you guys talking about shut down? 

he was at shoot around he’s continuing to ramp up the activity. There is no shut down happening.

the wolves are also back in the playoff picture, he has incentive to come back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Why are you guys talking about shut down? 

he was at shoot around he’s continuing to ramp up the activity. There is no shut down happening.

the wolves are also back in the playoff picture, he has incentive to come back.

 

Has anyone seen him move recently? Only report of his movement I've seen in last week featured a video of him limping up to the three point line for uncontested shots. I could literally do that on one leg (but I would still lose 1-on-1 to my wife, who doesn't know how to dribble).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, croydonfacelift said:

 

Has anyone seen him move recently? Only report of his movement I've seen in last week featured a video of him limping up to the three point line for uncontested shots. I could literally do that on one leg (but I would still lose 1-on-1 to my wife, who doesn't know how to dribble).

 

In all the videos I've seen, he looks very very limited. He's missed 10 straight games and doesn't imminently appear close to returning... its gotta be at least a semi-serious injury if not more. And I believe the beat writer for the wolves today said that he hasn't progressed any further in the last few days since the last video came out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoHablaIngles said:

 

In all the videos I've seen, he looks very very limited. He's missed 10 straight games and doesn't imminently appear close to returning... its gotta be at least a semi-serious injury if not more. And I believe the beat writer for the wolves today said that he hasn't progressed any further in the last few days since the last video came out. 

 

Right, but normally when a guy is a shut down candidate he isn't on the court shooting jumpers 2+ weeks after his injury and being listed as questionable. If it was that bad they would've already said he's out for the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

This reeks of the situation with Covington last year. 

 

Unknown Knee Issue... Listed Questionable nearly every game... proceeds to miss rest of season (3 months+).

 

The wolves are terrible at being transparent. Hopefully we get some good news soon but I'm not holding my breath.

But IIRC, Covington wasn't getting listed questionable and doing shoot-arounds before the game, was he?

From a fast perspective, I hope you're right. Dieng has been balling in my points league since taking over for KAT so I would like to keep that party going.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

But IIRC, Covington wasn't getting listed questionable and doing shoot-arounds before the game, was he?

From a fast perspective, I hope you're right. Dieng has been balling in my points league since taking over for KAT so I would like to keep that party going.


Yea, Covington was listed questionable for a good period of time. I believe he was also doing “limited warm-ups” but I’m not 100% sure on that, can’t remember. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone needs to breathe and stop speculating. This isn't Kyrie, KAT is actually durable and wants to play he will be back. Wolves are playing very well lately and are a half game back of a playoff spot, RoCo looks healthy and is finally getting good minutes so this shutdown talk needs to stop its getting silly now

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Everyone needs to breathe and stop speculating. This isn't Kyrie, KAT is actually durable and wants to play he will be back. Wolves are playing very well lately and are a half game back of a playoff spot, RoCo looks healthy and is finally getting good minutes so this shutdown talk needs to stop its getting silly now


I don’t think of shutting down. I think of season ending surgery or injury that lasts until April 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ejaggit said:


I don’t think of shutting down. I think of season ending surgery or injury that lasts until April 

 

having surgery on a knee that he's been doing on court work with the last couple weeks would be absolutely bizarre.   My  best guess is that he had a grade 1 MCL sprain, which is usually a 3-6 week injury.  So he can jump fine, jog, do his warmups but cutting is still problematic.

I think Steph came back from one in a couple weeks for the playoffs but was clearly limited.

Edited by laurilegend
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

 

having surgery on a knee that he's been doing on court work with the last couple weeks would be absolutely bizarre.   My  best guess is that he had a grade 1 MCL sprain, which is usually a 3-6 week injury.  So he can jump fine, jog, do his warmups but cutting is still problematic.

I think Steph came back from one in a couple weeks for the playoffs but was clearly limited.

The weird thing to me is KAT suffered this injury in-game and didnt even sub out, he shot his free throws and continued playing. He didnt look extremely limited, maybe a little, but he was able to do most of the things he normally would when watching. I guess he did move a little more carefully and timidly but that's to be expected of a guy who experiences a near miss on a  potentially devastating injury. I know that with adrenaline pumping it's possible to play on bad injuries, and guys walk around on torn ACLs right after they happen, etc. Just seems weird that he finished the game without an issue really, and has now missed so much time. It's possible that playing on it didnt help, or that it swelled up like crazy afterwards, but regardless I think Minnesota is just being extremely cautious with their franchise player and we will see him return only when he's 110%. Just hoping that once he returns, he is fully cleared with no limitations. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

The weird thing to me is KAT suffered this injury in-game and didnt even sub out, he shot his free throws and continued playing. He didnt look extremely limited, maybe a little, but he was able to do most of the things he normally would when watching. I guess he did move a little more carefully and timidly but that's to be expected of a guy who experiences a near miss on a  potentially devastating injury. I know that with adrenaline pumping it's possible to play on bad injuries, and guys walk around on torn ACLs right after they happen, etc. Just seems weird that he finished the game without an issue really, and has now missed so much time. It's possible that playing on it didnt help, or that it swelled up like crazy afterwards, but regardless I think Minnesota is just being extremely cautious with their franchise player and we will see him return only when he's 110%. Just hoping that once he returns, he is fully cleared with no limitations. 

 

Yea this is what leads me to believe it's a MCL sprain as you can do pretty much everything just a bit slower.  The risk is that when the ligament is already sprained it's at greater possibility of full rupture so that's why what Steph did when he came back in like two weeks for the playoffs isn't advised.  Personally I've had a couple grade 1 sprained mcl s and when you're just shooting and walking you really don't feel much but you can't cut hard off the bad knee for a few weeks.

Let's just hope he gets back out there soon.  My build is really suffering in points and boards right now without him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

 

This is today so I think he is real close and should be back this week 🙏

Listed questionable again but hoping his knee responds well during practice and pre-game, need this man or its another L this week

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...