Karl-Anthony Towns 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone get him a shrink before he turns into kyrie

As KAT owners, we accept the worst, but hope for the best. Get your trolling a$$ outta here. 

Honestly. This guy is having fantasies about fantasy and everyone else is too busy calling KAT a pussy to notice we may have a god damn prophet roaming around on Rotoworld forums.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, fbbaddict said:

It was wrong and unrealistic to expect a usual KAT performance on his first games (which are b2b games to make

What's "wrong" with it though?

Maybe a little unrealistic, but we're all pretty unrealistic around here, I just think "wrong" isn't the word to use here.

1 hour ago, SkalChriston said:

What's "wrong" with it though?

Maybe a little unrealistic, but we're all pretty unrealistic around here, I just think "wrong" isn't the word to use here.

It was wrong, cuz it was unrealistic. As a KAT owner in my main league, I could have expected him feasting in those games, but then I would be disappointed. It's all about setting your expectations right and realistic in particular situations like this. In my mind, it's wrong (or whatever you call it). In your mind, it's not, and there is zero problem unless you panic and trade him for a lesser-value player.

As for his durability from now on, I don't think it changes too much with this injury. He took a very scary fall, which would result in an ACL tear on some other players (see Klay last year in the Finals). I just think the approach of TWolves' medical staff or FO or whoever decided to do it (listing him questionable forever) created some false perceptions about KAT's durability. Me included, we called him soft, we called him pussy, kitty etc. as he was listed questionable and couldn't play in those games. It was probably a 4-6 weeks injury from the beginning, and if TWolves did announce it as that way, we wouldn't moan that much.

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 2

Hey how are y’all handling the constant barrage of rotoworld and other fantasy writers constantly saying sell high on KAT now that he’s back? 

I want to trust his historical iron man status but the way these wolves are losing games and the sell off they initiated with Teague, I’m really nervous that the wolves will find any reason to shut KAT down.

It’s also the way they handled the communication during these last 15 missed games. That was the most agonizing part of it all in my opinion. 

So what is everyone doing? Staying the course with KAT and letting him ramp up and sticking with him through the fantasy trade deadline and hopefully to and through the playoffs or are y’all looking to move on?

I’m really considering sending an offer of KAT for AD but I really like KATs extra games during my fantasy playoffs. Really amounts to 1 game though actually so not sure and AD has his own question marks. 

Simply put how are y’all approaching this now that he’s back. I traded for KAT early in the year in a really good deal( Holmes + Siakam for KAT) but I haven’t really been able to enjoy his performances and reap the benefits on my team (think I’ve had him legit for like 8-10 games). This is literally the first week all year in which my whole core and team has been available (really don’t want to jynx this). 

21 minutes ago, AstroWorld said:

Hey how are y’all handling the constant barrage of rotoworld and other fantasy writers constantly saying sell high on KAT now that he’s back? 

I want to trust his historical iron man status but the way these wolves are losing games and the sell off they initiated with Teague, I’m really nervous that the wolves will find any reason to shut KAT down.

It’s also the way they handled the communication during these last 15 missed games. That was the most agonizing part of it all in my opinion. 

So what is everyone doing? Staying the course with KAT and letting him ramp up and sticking with him through the fantasy trade deadline and hopefully to and through the playoffs or are y’all looking to move on?

I’m really considering sending an offer of KAT for AD but I really like KATs extra games during my fantasy playoffs. Really amounts to 1 game though actually so not sure and AD has his own question marks. 

Simply put how are y’all approaching this now that he’s back. I traded for KAT early in the year in a really good deal( Holmes + Siakam for KAT) but I haven’t really been able to enjoy his performances and reap the benefits on my team (think I’ve had him legit for like 8-10 games). This is literally the first week all year in which my whole core and team has been available (really don’t want to jynx this). 

Wolves been losing with him for years and he has still played. I have KAT and Beal and according to the geniuses of roto my season is over. I sold Jrue earlier because I listened to them and regretted it instantly. They say any player on a bad team will be shut down. These are fan bases that need fans they can't afford to pay players max money to sit them it will kill any fans they have. Go with your gut I am ignoring these "experts" 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, AstroWorld said:

These days it comes down to how savvy your league is in regards to what they read aka rotoworld blurbs etc. They kill me sometimes even if it is a well known thing - but things like selling high on KAT & in my instance ESPN did one on why you should sell Zion before he plays a game and its just enough for people to worry and bail on discussions. Right now his recent absence and these blurbs are going to be enough to make people think they can get him cheaper then usual so even if you want to move him need to hold until this is all in the past. Hold until the deadline (hopefully that'll get 3 weeks of top 5 production again) + all the distraction of trades then if you want to move him his value will be back to what it should be

2 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

Can't find the video, but saw it a while back. Montrezl Harrell basically threw him to the floor on a driving dunk attempt and he landed right on his knee. 

Ouch!

5 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Here’s the video boys

7 hours ago, croydonfacelift said:

Can't find the video, but saw it a while back. Montrezl Harrell basically threw him to the floor on a driving dunk attempt and he landed right on his knee. 

I imagined he fell straight on his knee to the hardwood, the actual video didn't seem nearly as bad.

19 hours ago, fbbaddict said:

It was wrong, cuz it was unrealistic. As a KAT owner in my main league, I could have expected him feasting in those games, but then I would be disappointed. It's all about setting your expectations right and realistic in particular situations like this. In my mind, it's wrong (or whatever you call it). In your mind, it's not, and there is zero problem unless you panic and trade him for a lesser-value player.

As for his durability from now on, I don't think it changes too much with this injury. He took a very scary fall, which would result in an ACL tear on some other players (see Klay last year in the Finals). I just think the approach of TWolves' medical staff or FO or whoever decided to do it (listing him questionable forever) created some false perceptions about KAT's durability. Me included, we called him soft, we called him pussy, kitty etc. as he was listed questionable and couldn't play in those games. It was probably a 4-6 weeks injury from the beginning, and if TWolves did announce it as that way, we wouldn't moan that much.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.  They can expect the feast, not get it, and then drop him or sell low if they want to be dramatic.  And then maybe they'll learn to be a better manager/person (going out on a limb there).  People were just getting disappointed in KAT because he's Mr. Ironman, and that's what I expect when I took him in a league too.  He's not the top performer but you know what you are getting.  Except that didn't happen this year, but that's FBB isn't it. 

1 hour ago, vnmslsrbms said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.  They can expect the feast, not get it, and then drop him or sell low if they want to be dramatic.  And then maybe they'll learn to be a better manager/person (going out on a limb there).  People were just getting disappointed in KAT because he's Mr. Ironman, and that's what I expect when I took him in a league too.  He's not the top performer but you know what you are getting.  Except that didn't happen this year, but that's FBB isn't it. 

Yes, that's pretty much the reason I drafted KAT over AD and Harden. In my point of view, all us KAT owners and KAT himself are just unlucky. Knees are not designed to bend like that, even on the most durable players. Every single player in the league would miss some significant time with an injury like that. I actually do not worry about KAT's durability, and I obviously don't think he'll be a shutdown candidate barring a significant injury, so I'm not a selling low. Hopefully I'm not wrong. 

Edited by fbbaddict
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

His team is BAD. So bad that Towns look frustrated. They need to make a another trade for a NBA-level PG or Towns will not have the drive to play well..

He’s part of the problem though. He’s so bad on defense it’s comical. Doesn’t matter who they get unless he starts acting like a leader and playing D nothing will change. They barely made the playoffs with Jimmy 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He’s part of the problem though. He’s so bad on defense it’s comical. Doesn’t matter who they get unless he starts acting like a leader and playing D nothing will change. They barely made the playoffs with Jimmy 

Exactly this.  Fantasy talk aside for a minute he's another Iverson or Carmelo Anthony. Forget the fact that Minnesota as a franchise are just horrible, any team that has Towns as THE guy isn't going to get far in the playoffs.  Not unless Towns learns how to play better defensively or the franchise somehow lucks out and hires an elite coach who decides to stick around and they quickly build a team that covers Town's deficiencies (may as well buy a lottery ticket as well).

As far as the fantasy side is concerned other than the whole 'team is full of losers' thing KAT should ball out until he decides he wants to sit.  Minnesota need him to play because he puts bums on seats.  Unless the team does what Okogie says and goes full on defensive beast mode while KAT gets benched and they somehow start to win games with D.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Like 1
On 1/21/2020 at 2:36 PM, beejay6020 said:

These days it comes down to how savvy your league is in regards to what they read aka rotoworld blurbs etc. They kill me sometimes even if it is a well known thing - but things like selling high on KAT & in my instance ESPN did one on why you should sell Zion before he plays a game and its just enough for people to worry and bail on discussions. Right now his recent absence and these blurbs are going to be enough to make people think they can get him cheaper then usual so even if you want to move him need to hold until this is all in the past. Hold until the deadline (hopefully that'll get 3 weeks of top 5 production again) + all the distraction of trades then if you want to move him his value will be back to what it should be

lol, I use the Roto articles to my advantage, tbh.  So, so many people in my leagues treat the experts like ... well, experts, when in reality, they're nothing more than guys who play and write about fantasy, which in itself has a huge amount of prediction involved in it.  I glean far more knowledge and calculated opinion from posters on the forums instead (granted some people are truly morons, haha).

For example, Dr A just wrote his Sell-High article on selling KAT ... but in the same article, he suggested a "Buy-Low" on AD.  Most of us here would immediately think, "How TF do you buy low on the #1st/2nd best fantasy option after he's got a few days off and one "mediocre" game upon return?", and then the follow-up question, "How stupid would someone be to own AD and then sell him after he's healthy from missing like, 2 games?!"  Similarly, he's also suggesting a "Buy Low" on Steph Curry ... So it takes a huge paucity of perception to consider if the Steph Curry owner, after holding him for 4 months (or half the fantasy season), might even think of letting him go.  So I'm really rethinking how intelligent these writers are, and how bad their leagues must be if they're suggesting ideas like this.  (Also, Monte Morris just got dropped in a 14-teamer of mine, so I dunno how you write a "Buy-Low" blurb about him unless you're in a super deep league).

(Also, same guy suggesting "Buy Low" on TJW - who's shooting 51/38/82 on 18ppg with some stls and boards and low TOs - after a single dud against the suffocating defense of the Jazz.  If anything, I'd have been shopping TJW earlier - which I'm not - to protect against Dipo's imminent return negatively affecting him, as a sell-high.)  

Back to KAT ... All the article does is encourage non-KAT owners to float some asinine low-ball offers.  Ignore them.  While I don't think it's GOOD news for KAT, I also wouldn't accept anything less than a Top 5 pick for him, and would happy to risk him playing out the rest of the year with the Wolves.  They don't have any incentive to really play him, but also don't have any incentive to shut him down, since he's in his first year of his extension, and they've just said he's "untouchable" in trade talks.  The injury risk is actually a real danger for the former ironman, but you'll probably get that with other top players too.

16 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

KAT scores season high 40pts. Rotoworld front page headline- “Now is the time to buy Towns low”.

Ohhhhkayyyyyyyy insiders, ohhhkkkkayyy. Selling soon.

Exactly my point.  Good god, I follow the blurbs for news, but their advice can be so awful that it's frustrating if only for the fact that it pushes others in my league to follow it.

17 hours ago, mas10 said:

Welcome back Kat! 40pts!

but I also would like those rebounds back! 
1 step at a time I guess...

Haha, I'm sorta wondering about that myself.  I love the points, but he seems much more like a gunner nowadays, and not actually grabbing boards.

He's basically giving me the amount of rebounds I'd expect from a SF or something.  I'd have expected more from last game, considering the Bulls don't have any rebounders.

• Like 2