NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taysom Hill 2019 Outlook

He’s a better QB than Teddy in this offense. In practices and preseason games it is very clear. 

Payton made promises for Teddy to get him to re-sign. Made excuses for him when he does poorly. 

Its going to be the Taysom Hill show by the 2nd half of next week. 

Edited by Tenner
6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I’m putting a claim in for him in my superflex league. Convince me not to

I gave him a 5 years 23 million deal in the FA market in my dynasty league 2 weeks ago ... Steelers GM wanted him so I went way overboard. And now Big Ben is hurt, take that sucka!

People thought I was an idiot ... I probably still am but I am a visionary!

Edited by ItsMeMario
5 hours ago, Tenner said:

He’s a better QB than Teddy in this offense. In practices and preseason games it is very clear. 

Payton made promises for Teddy to get him to re-sign. Made excuses for him when he does poorly. 

Its going to be the Taysom Hill show by the 2nd half of next week. 

this. 

man, Bilgewater looked as remarkably average and "meh" as ever - ooooffffaahhh to Kamara and Thomas owners if Payton is too damn stubborn and decides to ride that friggin' stiff - it will not end well. 

if the Brees news is as dire as expected then i would hope to see Hill take the reigns for good in the second half Sunday up in Seattle - Bilgey will underwhelm, may even get the hook earlier than expected. 

lots to love here going forward - and Payton is a guy you want noodling a playbook for a talent such as this. 

::popcorn::

• Like 1

I think that Bridgewater will be the "starter," but I think that Payton will be drooling to get Hill more involved in the game plan going forward.  After all, he pulled one of the greatest QB's of all time off the field in games to give this guy some reps, will be much easier to do with Bridgewater at the helm .  This will give him a chance to show off his "offensive creativity," be the "Andy Reid of the NFC."  With Hill's rushing stats and potential goal line opportunities, he could be a sneaky play in 2QB/SuperFlex leagues.  

56 minutes ago, snowbound said:

Payton not naming a starting QB....After watching Teddy B last week, I think he rolls out Hill and surprises Seattle.

I have a sneaky suspicion it's going to be both of them...like in a 60/40 or 70/30 split behind center, and honestly don't know which one gets more work.  This is going to be interesting.  My leagues are short bench leagues so I can't drop my traditional QB2 for him, but wish I could.  I have a feeling....

15 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

2: His propensity to run might kill the value of Thomas and Kamara as much as Teddy Bridgewater's propensity to suck.

If the current options are, incomplete pass/sack and punt on 4th down(Bridgewater) or scramble and possibly extend the drive(Hill), I'll take the latter as a Kamara owner. Even if it doesn't net Kamara points on that particular play it certainly helps his outlook.

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 2