NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 2

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 2

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 2 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As usual, it was a crazy Week 1 in the NFL. Lots of overreactions and suprises, but two key takeaway from a fantasy perspective was the monster debut from rookie WRs (and Hockenson) and that QB play i

Obligatory: if you don't value a guy high enough for your waiver, it never hurts to sit back and wait for FA to scoop up reactionary drops the first couple weeks.

14 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

All good points. Malcom brown is also interesting, could get for less? 

I like Brown too but he will be touchdown dependent unless Gurley gets injured. In 3 running back leagues, he's a fine backup option for the third slot but for 2 RB leagues with a flex, he is not quite where I would want to be for a starter. But it's definitely wise to grab him now if you have the roster spot to just wait on him.

scoop up jalen richard right now before he potentially joins the week 2 waiver pick up list. drop your flop for him. worth a free dart throw..if not, then drop richard for whoever you were going to gun for in the ww.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Depending on needs my top Claim order......

Malcolm Brown

Ronald Jones

McLaurin

Hollywood Brown

John Brown

Chark

Metcalf - John Ross - Conley all kind of together

Mostert and Aj Brown as deep dart throws to end it

and in PPR id look at Chris Thompson right before john brown unless you need RB then he comes in after Rojo and Gio Bernard isnt a bad stash either in PPR

side note: not a fan of amendola unless no better options in PPR, could do much worse as your last roster spot tho, same with cobb, wouldnt be excited but could do worse

With the Guice injury news I'm bumping Chris Thompson way up my list. Wouldn't count on him to stay healthy all season but could definitely help win some weeks in the next month for teams that went zero-RB until a better pickup emerges.

One guy I have an eye on: Rex Burkhead

This Patriots offense is going to be 2007 prolific and I want every piece of it possible. He was out there for nearly as many snaps as James White last night. His ceiling is certainly capped with all the weapons on this offense but I think Rex could have a solid floor and be a solid or low-end FLEX.

23 minutes ago, jeffnsee said:

One guy I have an eye on: Rex Burkhead

This Patriots offense is going to be 2007 prolific and I want every piece of it possible. He was out there for nearly as many snaps as James White last night. His ceiling is certainly capped with all the weapons on this offense but I think Rex could have a solid floor and be a solid or low-end FLEX.

Rex floor is 0 any given week depending on gameplan. He gets hurt a lot too. 

• Like 2

I like Alexander Mattison.....if Cook were to get injured that's the kind of pickup that should guarantee you a playoff spot. And I don't think you will have to waste a waiver pick on him.

Overreacting to 1st week WR performances is always the rage...seems to happen every year.

With that being said, targets are king. I like Terry McLaurin. Seems to be the #1 guy and I'm assuming Redskins will be down most of the time. He also played a ton of snaps yesterday as opposed to the other rookie WRs that went off. I'm going to try and use my #5 waiver pick in a 10 teamer to get him.

I do also like John Brown in Buffalo....but my guess is you can probably get him for free w/out burning a waiver pick.

Hockenson, John Brown, McLaurin, Crowder, Hollywood Brown are my favorite waiver adds

The 3 gambles that could pay big dividends or become future baggage:

Preston Williams- the kid has the opportunity for tons of targets in garbage situations weekly which can be fantasy gold. He could be the next A.J. Green

A.J. Brown- the Titans have tried to make Davis the man, it seems his connection with Mariotta is lacking. Brown has the talent and opportunity to be their WR1, shortly

D.J. Chark- he showed on Sunday what he can do with opportunity. The size, speed profile is terrific and this injury to Foles may lead to may days in which the Jags are forced to throw more than projected preseason

I am in a 10 team PPR league and I had the 10th selection in the draft so I am guaranteed the 1st option off the WW. I holding pat at RB with Gurley, Carson, Lindsay, Montgomery, and McCoy. My WR's are not all that bad either in K.Allen, Golladay, Ty Williams, Gallup, P. Richardson. Richardson is the guy who I am thinking of dropping for McLaurin. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, affliction said:

My top 3 are:

Malcolm Brown

Jamison Crowder

Hockenson

same, though not in that order.

I think I go Crowder first, then whoever I need more positionally between Hock or Brown.

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic