NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 2

tonycpsu

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 2

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 2 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

2 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

What about Rex Burkhead, people are saying Ronald Jones, Peterson, but I would rather have a piece of Patriots Offense, Burk was on the field a lot. 

Sure, if you want to regret your decision after he hardly sees the field this week. I’d definitely prioritize taking Jones and Peterson before Burkhead.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 5

My ranked waiver WRs additions. 

McLaurin 

Ross

Chark 

Amendola 

Ginn 

[...]

13 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

What about Rex Burkhead, people are saying Ronald Jones, Peterson, but I would rather have a piece of Patriots Offense, Burk was on the field a lot. 

I like what Burkhead showed the other night, but we must remember when you think of Patriot backs they are Michel, White. 

Edited by tonycpsu

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

While everyone is taking these big game names, go after James Washington when he clears waivers. Get him while he is dirt cheap now. 

I am holding already, I am confident Moncrief will disappoint and Washington will rise to the occassion.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Samurai Mike said:

Does Rotoworld not publish a waiver column anymore?  Don't see one on the main site.

EDIT: Just saw that someone asked this same question right before me.

Supposedly Daigle is working on it, per John Norris on Twitter. Then again, Norris said it would be posted soon several hours ago.

I'm chalking this up to Daigle doing it for the first time and not factoring in how long it would take. Hopefully this isn't a trend. Every other waiver column goes up in time for Tuesday's lunch.

Silva did not do the waiver column. It was Raymond Summerlin, who also left this summer.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Kobewankenobi said:

is rotoworld going to make a waiver wire article for this upcoming week?

45 minutes ago, The Jesus said:

I was wondering the same, but wasn't that an Evan Silva column?

44 minutes ago, Samurai Mike said:

Does Rotoworld not publish a waiver column anymore?  Don't see one on the main site.

EDIT: Just saw that someone asked this same question right before me.

It’s on page 3.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

It’s on page 3.

That isn't the RW column.

Supposedly John Daigle is working on it but we have been hearing that since the morning. It is still mid-day but at some point the column runs too late to be used. This is really bad, especially since RW touted the column being available "Tuesday morning" on the podcast.

1 hour ago, Kobewankenobi said:

is rotoworld going to make a waiver wire article for this upcoming week?

I am wondering also.  For week 1 it was dated 9-4.  I wonder if it will start coming out on Wednesday's after waivers, in many leagues, have cleared. 

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd said:

People are going to WAY overspend on rookie WRs this week

Maybe, maybe not . Most WW gold is found in the first few weeks of the season , you can't just sit on your arse and not be proactive.  Later in the season the only decent options come from RB's getting injured and you finding his replacement. That's about it 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

You can go through the years and it is very, very, very rare for a rookie WR to be consistently usable unless they're a no doubt elite talent.  I'd rather wait to see who is dropped this week and hold my $ for a RB injury.  Only guys I'd throw substantial money at this week are:

Darren Waller

Malcolm Brown

Ronald Jones

Carlos Hyde

TJ Hockenson --> an exception for me because he was a no doubt elite talent at the position coming from Iowa.

Mark Andrews

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Leopard said:

How come there is no love for Malcolm Brown? I feel that he is worth the #1 claim miles ahead of these rookies WR 

If he was available, he'd be my top priority, agreed...

Also this: 1. Marquise Brown, Ravens – Rostered in 32 percent of Yahoo leagues
The time to buy-in below market value was last week, but Brown is never the less worth blowing your FAAB on after securing 4/147/2 on just 14 offensive snaps. Baltimore’s upcoming schedule (Cardinals, at Arrowhead, against the Browns, in Pittsburgh, Bengals, inside CenturyLink Field) is all the more reason to prioritize the rookie as the Ravens’ odds for voluminous shootouts over the next two months remains probable in each and every game.

2 hours ago, Leopard said:

How come there is no love for Malcolm Brown? I feel that he is worth the #1 claim miles ahead of these rookies WR 

Why WOULD there be, except as a handcuff for Gurley owners? Do you really think he'll get all the goal line work going forward? Or lots more touches?  He is a 1b Rams option at best and isn't likely to score many pts most weeks IMO. Meanwhile several of those "rookies WR" appear to have loads of opportunity and IMO fantasy pts is largely about that. 

Speaking of which, where do people sit with the WRs? I don't trust career busts or journeymen who suddenly had a big week to continue the big week trend (of course now they'll prove me wrong) like Ross.or Crowder. But guys like McLaurin and the 2 Browns, though maybe more boom/bust, have the chance to be "the guy" even if on less than stellar Os. Can M Brown get enough touches on a run-first team?  Can McLaurin get enough from a QB like Keenum on an O with otherwise limited talent? 

Edited by bomont
  • Like 1

Just doesn't seem like there is a clear-cut #1 guy this year. You could make the case for probably 7-8 different players based on your need/risk tolerance.

• Chris Thompson
  • Malcom Brown
  • Marquise Brown
  • Terry McLaurin
  • John Brown
  • Jamison Crowder
  • Tight End Du Jour
  • Giovani Bernard

Just not really seeing a clear guy to burn a #1 waiver pick. Prudent thing may be to just sit back and wait.

• Like 1

Haven't seen him mentioned, and unless you're in a deeper league it might not be worthwhile with all the standout TEs this past week, but....

Ian Thomas

Doesn't look like Olsen is going to be suiting up on Thursday, and already having back problems in the first week of his Age 34 season is a bad sign. Thomas was the #6 Tight End when Olsen was out of the lineup last year. If you're in a deep league or don't want to pay up he's worth taking a look at. 

• Like 2

• phatrat locked and unpinned this topic