NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Phillip Dorsett 2019 Outlook

pushaZ

6 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

So... Assuming AB is off the team..

Is this guy a sneaky week 2 add now? No. 7 WR after week 1 in half-PPR

I’m not making that assumption — the Pats did let a murderer play a full season...

There is a scenario where AB is released, Gordon fails another drug test, Edelman suffers another injury, and Gronk doesn’t un-retire. It’s interesting how fragile this stacked-on-paper offense is, Dorsett’s path to being a major part of the offense only requires four things that are individually likely to happen all at once.

3 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I’m not making that assumption — the Pats did let a murderer play a full season...

There is a scenario where AB is released, Gordon fails another drug test, Edelman suffers another injury, and Gronk doesn’t un-retire. It’s interesting how fragile this stacked-on-paper offense is, Dorsett’s path to being a major part of the offense only requires four things that are individually likely to happen all at once.

this would be an amazing 4 way prop bet parlay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

Don't forget about N'Keal Harry and Jacoby Meyers lol

3 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

Picked him up. He Who Cannot Be Named may end up on the Commissioner's Exempt List. And now Demaryius Thomas is gone too.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/11/report-nfl-to-give-serious-consideration-to-putting-antonio-brown-on-exempt-list/

Agree.  Think I may grab him too.

He's a guy that will have a wide range of outcomes for sure.

But...no telling what happens with Brown.  He could get suspended at any moment.

Edelman is injury-prone and Gordon....Well, another one that could wind up suspended at any moment.

Dorsett is a guy that could be nothing if all those guys are playing.....Or a guy that could become a pretty decent play if any of the above players are either hurt or suspended.

He's not my first choice for a pickup this week and he isn't somebody I want to play right now....but not a bad bench stash IMO.

9 hours ago, Pimpin'Texas said:

PD slowly but surely gaining value.

By mid-season this could be going very well for Dorsett owners.  AB digging his own grave and we all know Gordon could go MIA at anytime. 

This could be one amazing stretch run for Dorsett. He's a stash on my bench but if either Brown or Gordon misses time....

• Like 1