NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Phillip Dorsett 2019 Outlook

pushaZ

I'm thinking about trading Mike Williams in PPR and Diggs in a standard for Dorsett. My gut feeling tells me he is vastly overlooked despite a great start to the season. Maybe overshadowed by the AB saga.

The Patriots have no TE or another legit WR behind Dorsett. Will use 3 WR more this season than usual. Imo Dorsett isn't a lesser fantasy option than Josh Gordon, who is universally regarded as the much better play.

Am I overlooking something or is he really flying under the radar big-time?

12 minutes ago, frog34 said:

I'm thinking about trading Mike Williams in PPR and Diggs in a standard for Dorsett. My gut feeling tells me he is vastly overlooked despite a great start to the season. Maybe overshadowed by the AB saga.

The Patriots have no TE or another legit WR behind Dorsett. Will use 3 WR more this season than usual. Imo Dorsett isn't a lesser fantasy option than Josh Gordon, who is universally regarded as the much better play.

Yeah, don't do that. Mayyybe Mike Williams, don't trade Diggs for Dorsett. If someone offered me Diggs for my Dorsett I'd break my mouse hitting the accept button

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, frog34 said:

this.  dorsett and gordon are 2a/2b to edeleman on the wr depth chart.  gordon will no doubt have some games where he out produces dorsett, but i would say its a coin flip from here on out who scores more ros.  a couple of things to consider if trading for him:

- this week had no james white.  i know burkhead was in there, but imagine some white will get more run when in the game.

- pats wr corps gets harry and meredith back around week 8.  yet to be determined how they will be used, but if healthy and up to speed, hoodie will find a way to get them involved.  

overall, dorsett should be a buy in most leagues.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:42 PM, Bringthesonicsback said:

On 9/22/2019 at 6:37 PM, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Situation is very good, just don’t know if I can sit R Woods or Watkins for him...

Slow down there champ 

I won't pretend I saw that coming, but nevertheless:

- Woods: 3/40
- Watkins: 5/64
- Dorsett: 6/53/1 plus 12 yd rushing.

giphy.gif

I got talked into it by all the damn fantasy analysts that had this guy as the highest priority add of the week at WR (over Chark, MVS, etc).  I'm still concerned about targets and snaps, but everyone seems to love this guy. 

The offense is ballin' and the schedule is sweet. 

Edited by LongBalls

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I got talked into it by all the damn fantasy analysts that had this guy as the highest priority add of the week at WR (over Chark, MVS, etc).  I'm still concerned about targets and snaps, but everyone seems to love this guy. 

Didnt he play like 90%+ snaps?

• Like 1

All I care about is how much love he gets from Brady. It may not be huge volume, but Brady trusts him (and given his catch rate, he should). 

I see some ROS rankings that put him around WR45-50. I think that’s selling him short by about 15-20 spots. I think he could be a WR3 in 12 team leagues. But even if he is just a solid flex, I’ll take it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Something like that. I'm more worried about his potential volatility week to week. 

Well, sure. But we are talking about a guy on the waiver wire. If there are guys on the wire who you aren’t concerned about volatility, they shouldn’t be on the wire.

25 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

"And the powder is bitchen' " - Josh Gordon

Edited by martinjlm

No AB, no TE (dependable), O Line banged up, now Edleman is also hurting but reported as nothing serious... I am pretty high on Dorsett. He played great week 1 and in his last 7 games with Brady he has posted 23 rec 291 yds and 6 TD's (thats him not getting any love in the SB). Brady seems to trust him and think he will surprise some people this season.

49 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

No AB, no TE (dependable), O Line banged up, now Edleman is also hurting but reported as nothing serious... I am pretty high on Dorsett. He played great week 1 and in his last 7 games with Brady he has posted 23 rec 291 yds and 6 TD's (thats him not getting any love in the SB). Brady seems to trust him and think he will surprise some people this season.

Edelmann is back. Temper.