NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Phillip Dorsett 2019 Outlook

pushaZ

1 minute ago, martinjlm said:

Yes more of the focus will go to them. Brady’s focus and targets. 

Plenty for all to feast. Haha, Im not saying Dorsett is better than Gordon or Edelman by any means and not even close, just that opportunity is there and not a bad guy to have at the end of your bench. 

I like dorsett and have him as a solid Wr3/ flex maybe even WR2 (hard to rank him boldly b/c so much of his value is TD based but he's been making it happen so...🤷‍♂️) but I would shy away this week because buffalo just doesn't give up big plays and I think a lot if not all of dorsett's value comes from long plays on top of the defense.  

Edited by matthew berry

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

Surprise! QBs like you when you catch basically every pass thrown in your direction. Now let's translate that into targets.

im a dorsett fan, but i think expecting any more than 5-7 target per game on a weekly basis (barring an injury or gordon falling off the wagon) is probably expecting too much.  dorsett definitely has a weekly role in this offense, but still too many mouths to feed to expect more than that...

1 minute ago, herschel said:

im a dorsett fan, but i think expecting any more than 5-7 target per game on a weekly basis (barring an injury or gordon falling off the wagon) is probably expecting too much.  dorsett definitely has a weekly role in this offense, but still too many mouths to feed to expect more than that...

5-7 targets in this offense is fine. I don't want to see anymore 3-4 target games.

5 minutes ago, Maxtap said:

No nobody wants him. Dropped him last week and hes still sitting on the wire

I don't even know what to make of this.

Having said that, Dorsett could be the new Gronk in this offense - scoring TDs like its his job.  He had 3 targets week 2 when Brown was there. Brown is gone. Edelman and Gordon get all the attention while Dorsett quietly goes about his job scoring TDs. Most importantly Brady likes this guy and that means everything. Edelman might not even last the whole season..

In the JG thread, it's saying that Dorsett is going to get the coverage by White.  So which is it?  I think White plays on the left side, which is where Gordon lines up 2/3 of the time.  So maybe that's where that's coming from?  Confused.

When I watch the Pats play recently, he's definitely getting good looks and targets....which is what I want in a WR.

Seems like Edleman is 1st, Dorsett 2nd, Gordon 3rd...

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content