NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Westbrook 2019-2020 Outlook

colepenhagen

Over past 2 months, BBM has him 16th overall in 9 cat, and 8th overall in punt TO/8 cat

It seems more and more likely that the ~80% FT shooting is not an aberration, and that his out of nowhere 2 yr mid-career dip in OKC was the outlier

My only concern at this point is usage/fatigue and injury risk as he's playing with 25 yr old westbrook pace and intensity as a 31 year old. Aside from that, on the eye-test alone it looks like the Rockets have basically created the ideal fantasy environment for WB, as a mini-giannis with wide open lanes to the net with small ball spacing and 4 out shooters

Not to jinx it, but this is basically the 'best case' upside you could've hoped for when you got him anywhere between the late 2nd round to the 3rd.

50 minutes ago, blazeh said:

Over past 2 months, BBM has him 16th overall in 9 cat, and 8th overall in punt TO/8 cat

It seems more and more likely that the ~80% FT shooting is not an aberration, and that his out of nowhere 2 yr mid-career dip in OKC was the outlier

My only concern at this point is usage/fatigue and injury risk as he's playing with 25 yr old westbrook pace and intensity as a 31 year old. Aside from that, on the eye-test alone it looks like the Rockets have basically created the ideal fantasy environment for WB, as a mini-giannis with wide open lanes to the net with small ball spacing and 4 out shooters

Not to jinx it, but this is basically the 'best case' upside you could've hoped for when you got him anywhere between the late 2nd round to the 3rd.

I traded Shai, Dipo and Thomas Bryant for Westbrook and Derrick rose in January Then flipped Rose and Ish for Vanvleet. Shai owners kept laughing at me...now they're in hiding. 

Edited by blaze4g

• 2 weeks later...