NBC Sports Edge Forums

Demarcus Robinson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the problem with FFL nowadays. 10 years ago, Robinson would have been started easily by most. Now the community thinks it's so much smarter than then that it outthinks itself, and mocks those

Per Twitter.. he also went to the Jonas Brothers concert at Arrowhead with Mahomes after the game #bonding 

I'd bet that this past week ends up being his best game of the season....And maybe his career lol. That said though, I'd still try getting him....But I'd rather use him for trade bait than actual

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

I'm a little lost about whether to target Robinson or Hardman. Granted they should both be dart throws until Tyreek returns, but who is the one to own beyond that?

I think it is largely a crapshoot between those two guys, but I think either way you go it really can’t hurt to own a piece of this offense.

I personally believe that Robinson’s the more valuable asset, as it really seems like Mahomes trusts him, and I feel like he’s more likely to lock down a more consistent role once Hill returns, but I can definitely understand the argument for Hardman.

In any event, I think either of those guys could be a very valuable WR3/Flex option once byes start rolling in. Definitely wouldn’t hesitate to claim either.

Edited by JDE
  • Like 1

Man this cat has a slightly sorted past...just caught up on everything, it is nothing that bad outside of 4 or so college suspensions (all weed/party related)...

His combine numbers were very meh, but KC still paid decent draft capital for him...he is the nephew of former bears great Marcus Robinson

I'd bet that this past week ends up being his best game of the season....And maybe his career lol.

That said though, I'd still try getting him....But I'd rather use him for trade bait than actually play him.  He's the perfect guy to package with another one of your players to try getting an upgrade IMO.

He did look good out there though.  But there's just a lot of talent on the KC offense...He'll become a forgotten man again in a few weeks when Hill is back.  

• Like 4

Fantasy football is very reactionary.  Plenty of leagues are going to see him go for huge FAAB, but that's all people paying for last week's numbers.  Yes, he has a role now.  But when Hill comes back, I suspect that Hardman and Robinson split #3 duties.  Add in Kelce and at best, you're going to be looking at the 4th pass catcher on the team, which never really amounts to much.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has another blow up game during the season, but of course trying to pick that game will be difficult.  He's a great best ball candidate but not season long.

• Like 1

Been burned by him before. Just last season in fact. There doesn't appear to be a steady role for any of the receivers outside of Tyreek. They all can pop off game-to-game, but picking the right one is like winning the lottery.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Been burned by him before. Just last season in fact. There doesn't appear to be a steady role for any of the receivers outside of Tyreek. They all can pop off game-to-game, but picking the right one is like winning the lottery.

Agree with this. Watch Sammy get off this week. I am passing on Robinson. I don’t need the headache.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

Fantasy football is very reactionary.  Plenty of leagues are going to see him go for huge FAAB, but that's all people paying for last week's numbers.  Yes, he has a role now.  But when Hill comes back, I suspect that Hardman and Robinson split #3 duties.  Add in Kelce and at best, you're going to be looking at the 4th pass catcher on the team, which never really amounts to much.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has another blow up game during the season, but of course trying to pick that game will be difficult.  He's a great best ball candidate but not season long.

Agree with this. I have a feeling he's going to go for way more FAAB than necessary. Intriguing guy short term while Tyreek is out, but for season long he's a gamble. Not a bad guy to have on your roster though if a Watkins/Hill/Hardman injury occurs.

Well I emptied the wallet on him...did not get him everywhere, but most spots.

You just can't overlook the fact that even though there are plenty of options for Mahomes to throw to:

-he clearly has the trust of the QB

-played a lot of snaps and produced in his first real opp

-Sammy will likely absorb the top CB in coverage

-teams need to gameplan/scheme to deal with Kelce

-we really do not have an exact timetable on Tyreek and Sammy has always had injury issues

-schedule and the KC D usually leads to positive game scripts

-we are talking about Mahomes, chief...you want a piece of anyone getting looks here

• Like 4
10 hours ago, vmo1059 said:

Agree with this. I have a feeling he's going to go for way more FAAB than necessary. Intriguing guy short term while Tyreek is out, but for season long he's a gamble. Not a bad guy to have on your roster though if a Watkins/Hill/Hardman injury occurs.

Well, I can’t speak for everyone, but I’ve been so snake bit in the first two weeks that i desperately need a week 3 win, so I was willing to pay up and stick him in my FL2. When you hit desperation mode, you do things you normally wouldn’t like pay up for KC’s flavor of the week. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Well, I can’t speak for everyone, but I’ve been so snake bit in the first two weeks that i desperately need a week 3 win, so I was willing to pay up and stick him in my FL2. When you hit desperation mode, you do things you normally wouldn’t like pay up for KC’s flavor of the week. 

I agree.

I paid up for Robinson and Mostert in one of my leagues.  I just needed to try adding some sort of juice and giving me some chips to play with.  

Yeah, most likely these guys amount to nothing in a few weeks.  But they're something right now to either play or use as great trade bait.

You can't take free agent money with you.  I'm sure there will be better options this year but if I'm 1-4 when those options arrive, what good are they?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, drisser said:

Flex worthy in what looks to be a shootout between two high powered offenses this week? Ravens' defense isn't too scary.

Ravens have Judon as an effective pass rusher and that's about it.  However Humphrey and Earl Thomas are both great which could potentially negatively impact Watkins and Kelce's production.  Would not be surprised if Mahomes is really productive while spreading the ball around a lot in this one.  I own Robinson, don't particularly like him, but if you're going to use him this could be as good a game as any.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, rshaas said:

I'm so lost on this guy. No idea where he falls within my flex guys.

Am I safe saying he is boom or bust? I feel like he is another Josh Gordon on my team.

In a potential shootout, with both Chiefs RBs on the mend, I don't think there are many FLEX options with higher upside than this guy. Chiefs will be passing all day, and the Ravens secondary is just good enough to blanket Kelce or Sammy... enter DRob. I'm firing up (albeit with limited other options)

On 9/11/2019 at 9:07 PM, The G Man said:

Best I can offer is this what looks like the most recent update on RW: 

• The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Demarcus Robinson will be asked to play the old Chris Conley role in the Chiefs' offense this season.

Now, Conley didn't blow up on the stat sheet by any means with his 32-334-5 receiving line on 9.2% of the Chiefs' targets, but he did play 74.7% of the snaps. He was on the field quite a bit, and Robinson could see a big uptick after playing just over 36% of the downs a year ago. Robinson and Patrick Mahomes have been working on their deep-ball and play-extending connection this offseason as Robinson heads into a contract year. Robinson went 22-288-4 on 33 targets last year, and Mahomes has raved about Robinson's ability to get open when plays break down. With Tyreek Hill's status still up in the air, Sammy Watkins' health an annual question mark, and Mecole Hardman a rookie, Robinson is at least someone to be monitoring in this prolific offense.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Jul 18, 2019, 4:13 PM ET

•  

Other than that, I don't really know enough about the player or the team to offer any real insight. 

I prefer Robinson to Hardeman, though some analysts think Hardeman's role in the offense is safer long term.  Hardeman caught 35 catches in his entire senior year in college so I don't see how that he would be a real weapon yet.  The Chiefs like to get the punt returner / kick returner types and covert them to WR's because of their ability to make plays in crowds.  But it took Tyreek a few years to become a real WR, rather than just a weapon and that's what I think will happen for Hardeman.  Plus, Robinson has been on the Chiefs as a back up WR since the Chiefs drafted Mahomes.  They probably got a lot of reps even from Mahomes rookie year, since they were both backups at the time.  I hope Robinson is the guy with more consistency in the offense, but if he gives 2/3 Tyreek Hill production for a waiver wire price I don't think anyone will be complaining.      

In theory any chiefs wr on the field the majority of snaps is good for 50 to 150 yards in any given week. In some leagues I own he and mecole and will start both over the likes of any jets wr any giants wr cortland sutton marvin jones. I am even sitting james conner and damian williams (starting a jones and d montgomery) and starting both chiefs wr over them this week. Conner might offer a safer floor but i prefer a much higher ceiling and no guarantee that conner is 100 percent. So good news conner and damian owners 2 td 120 yard game is coming this sunday

Even if people are scared to point chase this week, there is lots to like here (both shorter and long term). But I am kinda amazed after that performance there is so little chatter about him? This offense (esp with RBs banged up) can absolutely support 3-4 WRs along with Kelce. Strong coverage safeties have to be consumed with Kelce, top CBs will occupy Sammy for the time being, and that allows lesser CBs to be in single coverage against this guy/Mecole. Pretty sure they can win these battles with Mahomes tossing them the ball.

• Like 2

There might be little chatter about him because there isn't much to discuss 😂.

While Tyreek Hill is out, every wide receiver on KC has a the potential for a big game. 

The tricky part is trying to figure out what the floor is for each WR, which is anyone's guess!

My guess is that the floor for Hardman/Robinson is low WR3/high WR4, ceiling WR1.  Watkins is going to be floor of WR2/WR3, ceiling WR1.
Therefore Hardman and Robinson make good flex plays, ESPECIALLY if you needing to swing for the fences against your opponent this week.

Once Tyreek Hill returns, he will inevitably push someone down the depth chart and get a bigger target share, and the argument then will be who will be leftover for targets. At that point, the pecking order probably returns again to Hill, Kelce, Watkins, and the rest are left with scraps. 

Edited by potatoetree

I picked him him up on waivers but am not sure what to do with him.  Like some have mentioned I just don't know what he is.  I can see a 2 catch 25 yard clunker or a 100 and a TD gem.  One Hill returns his value plummets, and even without Hill his value might not be more than an extreme outcome flex.  I have a winnable week where I own him so a crap performance might hurt more than more stable points from a lower ceiling, higher floor play.  Unless Hill's injury proves to have season long implications, or Watkins pulls up lame (he has a history of injury) then Robinson is a short term asset.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:08 PM, Illusion_J said:

Ravens have Judon as an effective pass rusher and that's about it.  However Humphrey and Earl Thomas are both great which could potentially negatively impact Watkins and Kelce's production.  Would not be surprised if Mahomes is really productive while spreading the ball around a lot in this one.  I own Robinson, don't particularly like him, but if you're going to use him this could be as good a game as any.

And with their top 2 RBs dinged, what’s more likely based on what we know about KC? A bigger share for the rookie? Or more targets, and even carries for these WRs as well?