NBC Sports Edge Forums

PICK MY FLEX .. WHIR ALWAYS

10 team standard scoring. Team is as follows..

QB:   Deshaun Watson  

WR1: DeAndre Hopkins  WR2: Josh Gordon  WR3: John Brown

RB1: Derick Henry         RB2: Chris Carson 

TE: Travis Kelce

? Flex:  NYJ  WR Robby Anderson vs CLE  

GB    WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling vs MIN

WSH WR Terry McLaurin vs DAL

LAR  RB Malcolm Brown vs NO

I usually try to flex an RB especially in standard, but not sure I can trust Brown just yet. Hard to predict his usage really , even tho he got 2 td's last game. Will he continue to get GL carries or were they just easing Gurley in. Robby I'm not feeling too great about , until Darnold gets his act together, Enunwa is out for the season but not sure if that helps for more targets, he played the slot. Crowder prolly benefits the most. I like Terry a lot actually but it's standard and I'm already flexing him in my other PPR league which I feel is much safer. Which leaves us with MVS , Rodgers #2 receiver has usually been quite valuable in the past. D Adams should garner a lot of coverage and attention which hopefully opens things up for our boy. All in all I think I'm going to roll with Marquez. What are your thoughts ?

Oh and one small caveat, my opponent is starting Rodgers. So I could potentially block off some production/points if I start MVS and he is on the receiving end of a TD or yards. 

Edited by RunCMC

I would go Brown in standard for the upside but I can understand why you would be hesitant. Robby is still technically the number 1 but like with Corey Davis last week, he will face Ward and I could see the Jets, like the Browns, looking elsewhere for matchups. With this, if you do not want Brown, I lean McLaurin because I think he is a volume play who should have a positive game script. And I really think he is more talented than MVS so I would roll with him

I like Brown. Can see him getting all the touches inside the 5. Don't think they want Gurley getting those tough yards. Darnold is going to go underneath most of the game and that isn't Robby's area. I like Terry but let's see Keenum perform two weeks in a row. Scatling will draw Trae Waynes / Rhodes in coverage. Rodgers didn't look good last week even when he had time.

Brown is your guy. NO gave up 83 yards to Carlos Hyde and the sub optimal Houston offensive line this past Sunday.