NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who will be week 2 wire gems?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did no one watch last year? Breida doesn't 'go down.' He just Black Knights through that shiz

Hopefully he will have a c-section and the recovery time will only be a few weeks.  Natural birth might mean he goes on IR.

Whoever I dropped last week

3 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Mike Gesicki will be the TE this week who runs up a where did that stat line come from? type performance when the Dolphins are forced to throw 40 plus times against the Pats. Panicky OJ Howard owners will pick him up and start him in week 3 when he goes back to invisibility and OJ Howard goes off on their bench. 

people are snoozing on gesicki. big time.

its common these days in FF. stat driven analysis rules the day but it leads to major blind spots. people see his disappointing rookie campaign (32 targets!!!), ignore the coaching change and talent, and have written him off.

if you have the space in a deeper league or a dynasty league, grab him. nobody should be surprised if he goes 6 for 80 with a score this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Dorsett looked good in game 1 but the problem with him is that the Patriots have their big 3 of Edelman, Brown and Gordon now leaving Dorsett as the 4th option.  He'll have some big games here and there but likely can't be counted on consistently at all.

dorsett is only the 4th option this sunday.

once AB's splooge magnet interviews with goodell next week, AB may be on the exempt list and dorsett jumps back into his #3 spot. i'd suggest dorsett is at least a "hold" for now.

4 hours ago, FooserX said:

Raheem Mosetart  - When Breida goes down.

breida has gone through great lengths to expand his threshold for pain. as @DekuTree points out: breida goes down with a flesh woound, breida gets up and keeps fighting and fighting and fighting.

10 minutes ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

people are snoozing on gesicki. big time.

difficult to trust anyone in an offense that is clearly tanking. even if gesicki puts up a good game at some point this year, the dolphins do not want to win. with gesicki's production so volatile, he's daily fantasy use only in my notebook.

i'd way sooner snatch travis benjamin off the waiver (even with mike williams trending towards playing), or some of the recently dropped RBs like gus edwards, justice hill, darwin thompson, frank gore, mattison, penny, and apparently peyton barber (who appears to be a thing, unlikely as it seems).

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

dorsett is only the 4th option this sunday.

once AB's splooge magnet interviews with goodell next week, AB may be on the exempt list and dorsett jumps back into his #3 spot. i'd suggest dorsett is at least a "hold" for now.

breida has gone through great lengths to expand his threshold for pain. as @DekuTree points out: breida goes down with a flesh woound, breida gets up and keeps fighting and fighting and fighting.

difficult to trust anyone in an offense that is clearly tanking. even if gesicki puts up a good game at some point this year, the dolphins do not want to win. with gesicki's production so volatile, he's daily fantasy use only in my notebook.

i'd way sooner snatch travis benjamin off the waiver (even with mike williams trending towards playing), or some of the recently dropped RBs like gus edwards, justice hill, darwin thompson, frank gore, mattison, penny, and apparently peyton barber (who appears to be a thing, unlikely as it seems).

giphy.gif

All Hail Black Knight Breida

5 minutes ago, Cord said:

I'm happy to be convinced that my statistical analysis is wrong but what reason is there to believe Gesicki is about to break out?

for starters: talent. he’s 95th% or better on all the combine metrics. he’s not just a fast sprinter either. he’s agile, quick and has a freakish catch radius. doesnt make him a sure thing but it just means his ceiling is higher than some of the other plodders at the position. (think george kittle.) 

second, he doesn’t have much legit competition for receiving yards in miami. 

third and most important, week 1 indicated a major shift in usage for him and bodes well for ROS production. he played a lot and ran routes on 72% of his snaps, both were way up from last year and he was in the slot 58% of the time (up from 14% last year).

it’s only one game but it’s pretty clear these coaches are going to use him much much differently than gase did last year.

again, this is for deeper leagues (and dyno) but of all the TEs outside of the top 12 or so, he’s my clear cut favorite since he’s got a very real chance to finish top 6.

• Like 2