NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who will be week 2 wire gems?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did no one watch last year? Breida doesn't 'go down.' He just Black Knights through that shiz

Hopefully he will have a c-section and the recovery time will only be a few weeks.  Natural birth might mean he goes on IR.

Whoever I dropped last week

3 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

I picked up Fant this week over Gesicki after the Hunter Henry injury. Why am I wrong?

i'd bet on the 2nd year tight end over the rookie TE 99.99999% of the time, especially if they're similar athletes, just because it's so darn rare for a rookie TE to finish top 10.

but if you own fant, you have to like what you saw considering his price tag.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yep ... i mentioned that in his thread, and how similar his situation is to his Ole Miss running mate Metcalf - the SeaHags only completed 5 to their WRs last week (4 to Metcalf).

absolute beasts/freaks, but in extremely run-centric schemes. 

I think the Seahawks are nuts to go this run heavy, they’ve got a top 5 qb in ability, throwing to a great possession receiver on one side and an athletic beast on the other. Dissly made a few huge plays last year, plus they have this other rookie Ursua who looks like Doug Baldwin 2.0. Why they elect to go run heavy boggles the mind.

I think their defense clearly being weaker may force them into evolving as the season progresses into a way more pass oriented offense, just no way they can continue to play a pure field position  strategy with this weak of a secondary, giving up 400+ yards to Andy Dalton.

• Thanks 1

Surprised nobody mentioned Minshew. 

Is everyone seriously overlooking the potential for the Jags to be maybe a pretty good offensive team? I don’t have time to research, but I doubt a rookie has ever had an 88% completion percentage in their first game. It’s not inconceivable for him to go 300 yards & 4tds this weekend, and be Mahomes-lite against Houston.

2 minutes ago, worldclass said:

Surprised nobody mentioned Minshew. 

Is everyone seriously overlooking the potential for the Jags to be maybe a pretty good offensive team? I don’t have time to research, but I doubt a rookie has ever had an 88% completion percentage in their first game. It’s not inconceivable for him to go 300 yards & 4tds this weekend, and be Mahomes-lite against Houston.

and he'll be throwing them to Chark who I like also

7 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Keke Coutee in PPR leagues

Is he expected to be a target hog?  Why particularly in PPR leagues?  Seems to me they have plenty of mouths to feed.

6 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Is he expected to be a target hog?  Why particularly in PPR leagues?  Seems to me they have plenty of mouths to feed.

He got a lot of quick short passes when he played last year. Good PPR stat lines. Standard not so much. Definitely won’t be a target hog, more like fighting for scraps behind Nuk and Fuller.

5 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Highly doubtful

The only player worth owning on that offense is Kittle

Lots of inexperienced fantasy football GMs here I see.  Wish I had more people like you in my league.  

Edited by gbill2004
2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Lots of inexperienced fantasy football GMs here I see.  Wish I had more people like you in my league.  

remember this at the end of the season when Dante Pettis doesn't break top 50

Edited by lolcopter
10 minutes ago, smeeze said:

He got a lot of quick short passes when he played last year. Good PPR stat lines. Standard not so much. Definitely won’t be a target hog, more like fighting for scraps behind Nuk and Fuller.

I’ll have to dig up the game splits but Coutee actually kills Fuller’s volume whenever they’ve both been on the field.