Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well-rounded line there

1. Cool story bro   2. Taco Tuesday is on Tuesday 

In keeper leagues where guys got PG in lets say late 2nd or even early 3rd depending on league size, obv if healthy owners would keep him but are keeper league owners still keeping him with the injury going on? or are we thinking the injury makes him fall to about his ADP last year anyway?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Saucy said:

Where are you guys drafting him? I've seen him slip into the 20's, pairing him with Harden or one of these bigs in a punt FG% or punt AST seems dominant

He's injured to start the season, he'll miss a ton of games, and after double shoulder surgeries it's uncertain if he'll be the same Paul George as last year. 

 

I won't be drafting him. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

He's injured to start the season, he'll miss a ton of games, and after double shoulder surgeries it's uncertain if he'll be the same Paul George as last year. 

 

I won't be drafting him. 

Co-sign

Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting your team at a disadvantage with no 2nd rounder for the first 4 weeks maybe more in H2H is a steep hill climb rest of season to make the playoffs. You better stack the categories PG contributes in for the rest of the draft or hope for match-ups against the bottom feeders in your league. If he was there in round 3 of a standard league it would become hard to pass up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, kmoore1521 said:

In keeper leagues where guys got PG in lets say late 2nd or even early 3rd depending on league size, obv if healthy owners would keep him but are keeper league owners still keeping him with the injury going on? or are we thinking the injury makes him fall to about his ADP last year anyway?

I'm in this situation, i have PG kept in the 2nd/3rd round with Irving. There's no choice but to keep him, I'll draft no one close to his level if  I don't keep him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I caved in and drafted him. Auction price was 40$ which is well below his average price. It is a roto league so i could do stretches of him not playing. Having that said, I am having buyer’s remorse. Good luck to us all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kane said:

spacer.png

 

So 72 games is his ceiling, which no doubt he won't get to. Plus load management days. Their goal is a championship ( you can't count on him in the playoffs ) but that's irrelevant.

 

50 to 60 games max.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Computer issues forced me to auto draft him for $50 in a 16 team. I was livid until I saw people with money at the end of the draft do things such as Sabonis and Isaac for $33 each.  Then I didn’t feel so bad.  Managed to craft an interesting punt FG/Reb build.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my desktop muted and didn't realize it was my turn, and accidentally drafted him in the 2nd round LOL.

Only consolation is that it's roto with games limit and an IL spot, but still...hurts man :(

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fabrar said:

I had my desktop muted and didn't realize it was my turn, and accidentally drafted him in the 2nd round LOL.

Only consolation is that it's roto with games limit and an IL spot, but still...hurts man :(

Similar happened to me.  Had presets, but didn't think to adjust PG13.  I was on the auction draft when my internet cut out.  Reloaded to see I had him for $50 in a H2H auction draft.  Fortunately, it was a 16 team league with short benches so everyone goes for twice what they're worth.  $50 for PG13 seems genius compared to other picks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Similar happened to me.  Had presets, but didn't think to adjust PG13.  I was on the auction draft when my internet cut out.  Reloaded to see I had him for $50 in a H2H auction draft.  Fortunately, it was a 16 team league with short benches so everyone goes for twice what they're worth.  $50 for PG13 seems genius compared to other picks.

Best case scenario is that he misses 6-10 games, and I can just put him in my IL and stream that spot. Also since it's roto, I can save on some games played until he comes back to full strength. 

I got Lillard with my first pick and I actually really like that 1-2 combo, very fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Best case scenario is that he misses 6-10 games, and I can just put him in my IL and stream that spot. Also since it's roto, I can save on some games played until he comes back to full strength. 

I got Lillard with my first pick and I actually really like that 1-2 combo, very fun.

My league is a deep H2H so as long as I don't miss the playoffs because of it, it's whatever.  Still frustrating, but I'm coming around to liking my team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fabrar said:

Best case scenario is that he misses 6-10 games, and I can just put him in my IL and stream that spot. Also since it's roto, I can save on some games played until he comes back to full strength. 

I got Lillard with my first pick and I actually really like that 1-2 combo, very fun.

I had that pair last season, won me my league easily. Hopefully he’s healthy after those first 10 games 

Link to post
Share on other sites

so out 10 games at least, then another 5 during the year minimum for resting then another 5 games till he gets 100% rhythm = 65 games = 3rd round value at best? 9-cat roto, given he replicates the same numbers as last year which were exceptional

 

what you guys think?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...