NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well-rounded line there

1. Cool story bro   2. Taco Tuesday is on Tuesday 

Don't have him but very excited to see him come back - he's one of the most entertaining players in the league to watch and the defensive potential of this team with Beverely/Kawhi/PG13/Trez or Zubac on the floor at the same time is immense. It could legit be an all-time defence.

14 hours ago, JStyles said:

Don't have him but very excited to see him come back - he's one of the most entertaining players in the league to watch and the defensive potential of this team with Beverely/Kawhi/PG13/Trez or Zubac on the floor at the same time is immense. It could legit be an all-time defence.

imagine if the clippers somehow got drummond or gobert or even whiteside......🤔

41 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

Prepare for some growing pains in the first 3-4 games, but ultimately he will be a beast

are you saying we shouldn't start him right away?  Look at Blake Griffin's first game the other day in limited minutes. And PG is a superior fantasy player. 

25 minutes ago, magic32 said:

are you saying we shouldn't start him right away?  Look at Blake Griffin's first game the other day in limited minutes. And PG is a superior fantasy player. 

I'm just speculating because it's a shoulder injury. His counting stats should be alright, but I imagine he'll have trouble shooting the ball at first. 

Let's see how it plays out though.

16 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

I'm just speculating because it's a shoulder injury. His counting stats should be alright, but I imagine he'll have trouble shooting the ball at first. 

I'm inclined to agree. I think he could probably score in the teens with solid boards, 3s and maybe a steal or two but fg% will be a little shaky for the first few games. 

14 minutes ago, Basketboss21 said:

He was #3 (9 cat) last year on 43.8% shooting... and that's with injured shoulders for most of the season. 

He should be healthy and doesn't rely on efficient shooting... I'm very excited to have him back and can't wait till he ramps up

• Like 2
2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

He's coming off two shoulder surgeries so his shot could be very bad for the first couple of weeks. Considering these were upper body injuries his conditioning will likely be pretty good.

You guys talking like they're just going to throw him in a game without any practice or shooting before. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, fantasm said:

he aint Markelle Fultz, this PG13 we talkin bout here

This. Man came back from one of the most devastating injuries in basketball history and ended up in the MVP and DPOY conversation. PG13 is elite, he'll be fine.

• Thanks 1