NBC Sports Edge Forums

Paul George 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well-rounded line there

1. Cool story bro   2. Taco Tuesday is on Tuesday 

17 minutes ago, IDatDude said:

Making up for lost time...this is astonishing. Dropped 25 pts in 12 mins and made it look soooo easy. I’m hoping the hawks keep it close...we might be looking at a 40 piece 

Definitely a 50 piece. His shots are so smooth

11 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

You know I still think he's rusty

His defense has been pretty lax so far and he isn't penetrating the paint hard yet. 

38 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Nobody will give fair value and by fair value I mean someone in the top 5-6.

He was top 3 last year with injured shoulders... Whats really a sell high. Excited to see what he can do and will be interesting to see how he meshes with Kawhi

6 minutes ago, chaiway said:

He was top 3 last year with injured shoulders... Whats really a sell high. Excited to see what he can do and will be interesting to see how he meshes with Kawhi

I think he puts up another top 10 fantasy season even with kawhi. Last year westbrook and kawhi both had 30% usage rates while PG had a 29% usage rate. Kawhi is a more efficient, better 3pt shooting star next to MVPG who will require more attention than westbrook, which in turn means more open shots and freedom for PG. I fully expect him to average around 27, 8 and 4 with a couple steals and 3 threes.

Strap in, because this mans out for blood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think he puts up another top 10 fantasy season even with kawhi. Last year westbrook and kawhi both had 30% usage rates while PG had a 29% usage rate. Kawhi is a more efficient, better 3pt shooting star next to MVPG who will require more attention than westbrook, which in turn means more open shots and freedom for PG. I fully expect him to average around 27, 8 and 4 with a couple steals and 3 threes.

Strap in, because this mans out for blood.

Steals were his top cat the last two years and haven't shown up yet. That said, everything else has been out of the ballpark, especially FG which should regress

10 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Steals were his top cat the last two years and haven't shown up yet. That said, everything else has been out of the ballpark, especially FG which should regress

He got 2 steals today, he will be fine haha. And also he has said himself that he has been poor on the defensive end, he will be a steal monster this year again. The points and fg% will regress for sure but i doubt it goes less than 27 and 47%. Major steal if you got him at later end of the 2nd round.

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

He got 2 steals today, he will be fine haha. And also he has said himself that he has been poor on the defensive end, he will be a steal monster this year again. The points and fg% will regress for sure but i doubt it goes less than 27 and 47%. Major steal if you got him at later end of the 2nd round.

Got him with pick 32 in a 10 team league! Couldn't believe one of the guys in the league took Kawhi the pick before.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Walk with me said:

Sell high? 😏

Sell high for who? PG was a top 5 player last year and if these games are any indication he might be reaching that rank again, especially if kawhi keeps sitting games. 

5 minutes ago, boytoy said:

I tried trading for Doncic but owner is super high on Luka but I’m fine sticking with PG. Won’t he be load managed like Kawhi? Hoping that won’t happen as much.

Hes never really been load managed unlike Kawhi.  Kawhi has chronic issues I think so if PG is healthy he plays, maybe they will watch his minutes more than he will miss games.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Hes never really been load managed unlike Kawhi.  Kawhi has chronic issues I think so if PG is healthy he plays, maybe they will watch his minutes more than he will miss games.

Just read the recent blurb and looks like you’re right. Minutes will be monitored but should get better as the season progresses. If he’s killing it for us now while having minutes restrictions, Im excited for what’s to come.

51 minutes ago, boytoy said:

Just read the recent blurb and looks like you’re right. Minutes will be monitored but should get better as the season progresses. If he’s killing it for us now while having minutes restrictions, Im excited for what’s to come.

Yeah I'll take minutes restrictions in certain games over load management and missing games any day. He can be a top 10 player even in under 30 minutes a night, I feel.

15 minutes ago, driss lol said:

37 pts in 20 minutes, bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

PG think he in nba 2k 20 on the pc where you can hack the game lol..last two games been unreal.

Gonna need to take a Top 5 guy to get PG off my hands. The bummy trades offer have been coming in non stop lol.