NBC Sports Edge Forums

Celebration Thread 2019- Victory is Mine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been reading these forums since the days of markdash and Titanium Man, but post so rarely I had to start a new account because I couldn’t remember what the hell my login info was.   Been in a very com

Went 3/3 in league championships this year. Lance Lynn in all three was pivotal, including a dramatic come from behind win in my 14 team, $500/head league. Best year of fantasy baseball in my life.

Feels Good 😁   12 Team league, after 10 years finally came out on top this year ! 

21 minutes ago, tsh00k said:

off to the ship here, thanks to so many forum contributors :)

Facts. I'm heading to the semi finals in my league and I'm a pretty big underdog due to injuries but I've been way more successful over the past few years after joining these forums. 

• Like 1

Off to the ship in one league (thanks to Anibal Sanchez and Wade Miley streams), 1st seed for semi finals in another league and 2nd seed for semi finals in a 3rd.

Have the chance to sweep all three of my leagues which is something that I've never done before!

4th division title in 6 years in my dynasty. Feeling fresh off the bye week, ready for the Division Championship/League Semis. Need the boys to step up for Yelich.

BOL everyone, been a pleasure talkin shop with yous this year.

• Like 1

Won the ship in my main league (fourth title in 6 years the league has been alive). Also in the finals that starts tomorrow in another one. Made playoffs and got knocked out first round in my keeper league. Not too shabby for the year for my three leagues.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 2

Some how made it to the chip after half my team going down to injury. Sending special shout outs to my dynamic A's duo Semien and Olsen. Eloy Jimenez coming out of nowhere to get solar hot. And last but not least, scrappy doo Tommy Edman. Time for my patchwork rag tag waiver wire gems to bring this home. My arms going into final week are Cole, Strasburg, Gray, Odorrizi, and Clevinger. Let's bring home another title. Good luck to everyone who embraces the grind of fantasy baseball. The one true fantasy sport that rewards the hard worker.

• Like 1
On 9/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, Stallion said:

Off to the ship in one league (thanks to Anibal Sanchez and Wade Miley streams), 1st seed for semi finals in another league and 2nd seed for semi finals in a 3rd.

Have the chance to sweep all three of my leagues which is something that I've never done before!

Well I got rolled in this week's final. But on a positive note, I've made the final in my other two leagues, so I can say I've made 3/3 finals and have the chance for two titles!

Nervous about my keeper league final though. I have both Marte's, Bell and Bichette, all DTD (teams don't like using the DL with expanded rosters apparently) and all undroppable in this format.

Edited by Stallion

In my 4 lgs I will win 2  both points lgs I finish a respectable 5th out of 12 in another Roto and then finish dead last in another  12 team  Roto. I could never recover from the beating Paxton Darvish and Buaer gave me in ratios early on i on my last place team  OF course Paxton goes off the week I drop him and wins 10 straight. Just makes me hate on hm more. 

• Like 1

Made it to the ship in my first year playing.  We'll see how it goes.  I've been playing fantasy football for 20 years, but this game is on a different level.  Picked up some great info here.  My team was the walking wounded these last few weeks.  Lost Yelich, S Marte, K Marte.  Mancini and Garver are dinged for me now, plus pitching is a total crapshoot these last few weeks.  Not a fan of the H2H style.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hezagenius said:

Made it to the ship in my first year playing.  We'll see how it goes.  I've been playing fantasy football for 20 years, but this game is on a different level.  Picked up some great info here.  My team was the walking wounded these last few weeks.  Lost Yelich, S Marte, K Marte.  Mancini and Garver are dinged for me now, plus pitching is a total crapshoot these last few weeks.  Not a fan of the H2H style.

Roto’s where it’s at...

off to the ship in my H2H league but it looks like I’ll be fighting for 2nd or 3rd at best in my roto league and it’s gonna come down to the very last day like usual.  BOL everyone!

• Like 2
On 9/16/2019 at 8:44 AM, ty5592 said:

Have a chance to win both leagues this year. 1/10 regular season. Had a bye last week, in the semis this week. 6/20 regular season beat the 3 seed last week in the QFs in the semis vs the 7th seed this week. 

Good luck everyone

Won the semis in the 10 team lost the semis in the 20 team. 20 team pays out 3rd so still have to play that one. BOL everyone playing this week

Roto season isn't over, yet, but the fat lady has definitely sung! I've absolutely dominated this season in my NL-only dynasty. Currently sitting in 1st place in 8 of 11 categories with 66 of 77 possible points, and I'm 1 save or hold away from increasing that total. This will be a repeat championship for me and my 4th in 7 years in this league. 

Edited by Halo Fan
  • Like 1

Second season doing baseball, zero games watched, never heard of Christian Yelich, no idea who won the WS last year, nor do I know who is even in the playoffs this year. Been leading my work leagues 11 team roto by about 25 points since the all star break been on cruise control since. Ultimately it will be around an 8-10 point victory. Decent payout coming up, so thank you to all the input and contributors to this board, I did most of my research through this forum you all helped out big time, lots of good stuff.

I would also like to thank Yelich(45$), Ryu(2$), Devers(8$), Starling Marte(12$), Jeff McNeil(1$), Mad Max(40$), Kershaw(22$), Biebs(4$), a beastly relief trio of Jansen/Chapman/Osuna(44$ total) and Pre-injury Brandon Lowe(0$). Waiver saviors; Caleb Smith, Yarbrough, Huira, Garver, and the first 2-3 weeks of prolific Austin Riley numbers.

Thanks for a great season