Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Surprised there isn’t a new thread for JJJ yet.

Lots to like here, new system that wants to push the pace + he has a very fantasy friendly game that also translates well to his actual impact on the court.

He is athletic, long, has a very advanced defensive IQ, can shoot (35% from 3 as a rookie), rim runs and has a hook shot.

Picked him in the third round (39th) of a 14 man H2H 9 cat league and I really like him there. 

Pegging him at:

30 mpg: 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again though, this is only in total value. If you built your team knowing Luka’s weaknesses (efficiency, in general) and punted a percentage/TOs his overall was much higher. Points leagues can be

Do you play in a 4 team league? 

This thread has become a circle jerk of "JJJ is a bum" comments.  He's young, it's a long season. Owners are going to have to be patient with him. The upside is there.    As for the com

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Can tell he's hit the weights his size is insane for a guy that was 19 last month, thicc. Drafting everywhere, face of the franchise. It'd be strange if he didn't blow up this year, new coach new pace Ja & JJJ will be so entertaining to watch.

 

Thanks for this, did some further research and seen they had THE SLOWEST pace last year and that the new coach worked under Coach Bud in Atlanta and again last year in Milwaukee so things could be looking good fantasy wise in Memphis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Surprised there isn’t a new thread for JJJ yet.

Lots to like here, new system that wants to push the pace + he has a very fantasy friendly game that also translates well to his actual impact on the court.

He is athletic, long, has a very advanced defensive IQ, can shoot (35% from 3 as a rookie), rim runs and has a hook shot.

Picked him in the third round (39th) of a 14 man H2H 9 cat league and I really like him there. 

Pegging him at:

30 mpg: 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO.

 

Got him in both my dyno leagues and super high on him - your prediction is close to what I have, main difference is FG% (I’m around 52%) and I think he can push towards 18ppg this season.

Edited by bkw77
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bkw77 said:

 

Got him in both my dyno leagues and super high on him - your prediction is close to what I have, main difference is FG% (I’m around 52%) and I think he can push towards 18ppg this season.

 

He could hit stretches of 50%+,but i’m not sold on him adjusting to being one of the top offensive options on a team just yet, especially since he projects as one of MEM’s better spot up options (lots of jumpshots). 

His shot selection is very good though; combined with his physical tools, he is unlikely to dip in the mid 40%s FG-wise over a time frame with a legit sample size.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were to choose anything to be "weak" at it would be rebounding, something he will very likely gradually improve upon just like the foul trouble. Also, there are rumours circulating he's grown an inch or two floating around. Kid destined to be one of the biggest fantasy monsters we've seen for the next decade, only thing than can derail it is lack of focus/injury.

 

 

KG.jpg

Edited by MilesBridgesBetterThanZion
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

If I were to choose anything to be "weak" at it would be rebounding, something he will very likely gradually improve upon just like the foul trouble. Also, there are rumours circulating he's grown an inch or two floating around. Kid destined to be one of the biggest fantasy monsters we've seen for the next decade, only thing than can derail it is lack of focus/injury.

 

 

KG.jpg

 

KG would have been at least a year younger wouldn't he ?

 

 

(course we drafted Joe Fkn Smith @1 in that draft .... )

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sleepysock said:

OP projection is a little high for me, but it wouldn't surprise me if he hits it. Talent is there for him to become a total monster, just not sure if the big breakout happens this season.

On board the train. Expecting lower rebounds but hoping for the all around production and improvement. 

Curious how the minutes/touches will go between JJJ/JV/Clarke?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaiway said:

On board the train. Expecting lower rebounds but hoping for the all around production and improvement. 

Curious how the minutes/touches will go between JJJ/JV/Clarke?

Clarke would have to seriously show out in limited minutes to steal some of the starters minutes, I honestly think JV would suffer most because JJJ is the face of the franchise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody has here said in what round they plan to draft JJJ. But I did a calculation by numbers what thread starter gave ( 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO) and calculated his BBM rank last season: +0,22 which was 30th place. It means JJJ is 3rd round target?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, apatas said:

Nobody has here said in what round they plan to draft JJJ. But I did a calculation by numbers what thread starter gave ( 17 ppg (48%, 77%), 1.6 3PM, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.1 spg, 1.7 bpg with 2 TO) and calculated his BBM rank last season: +0,22 which was 30th place. It means JJJ is 3rd round target?

 

In dynasty leagues he is a late second round - early third for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...