Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook


Mikhov
 Share

Recommended Posts

He needs to improve his attitude and just play ball. He's so worried about being benched but yet he's stupid enough to keep picking up dumb ticky tack fouls.

I spent a 32nd pick on him this year in a highly competitive league.

I'm disappointed but I also remember he started out terrible last year too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

 

I spent a 32nd pick on him this year in a highly competitive league.

I'm disappointed but I also remember he started out terrible last year too.


Wow #32? I grabbed w/ the #52 pick and felt that was high when I did that. I fell for the hype w/ the blocks/steals/three’s and whatever else he was capable of. 
He’s clearly over drafted but I feel stuck w/ him cause I’m not sure what I can get back in return. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frustrating as hell watching him when he puts up a bad line. He sort of just ghosts around looking lost on both ends.

Even more annoying that he can salvage a poor line in a half (obviously not today) but can’t seem to put together 2 solid halfs.

Oh well, growing pains - just have to hope he gets better over the season as he’s untradeable right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cozie said:


Wow #32? I grabbed w/ the #52 pick and felt that was high when I did that. I fell for the hype w/ the blocks/steals/three’s and whatever else he was capable of. 
He’s clearly over drafted but I feel stuck w/ him cause I’m not sure what I can get back in return. 

I picked him at 45 when Capela was available, thinking I was going for upside... I clearly overvalued him for some reason, but I still hope for a top 50 finish somehow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

He needs to improve his attitude and just play ball. He's so worried about being benched but yet he's stupid enough to keep picking up dumb ticky tack fouls.

I spent a 32nd pick on him this year in a highly competitive league.

I'm disappointed but I also remember he started out terrible last year too.

 

I hear you bro, spent the same pick on him and what kills me is the guy right after my JJJ pick drafted Luka....sigh...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had Luka last year, i just didnt think he would take that next step... backfired lol  and yes 9 cat 10 team competitive league. I went all bigs 1st 4 rounds. Ktowns , turner, jjj & bam.  later rounds i was grabbed Shai, Ja,  VanVleet and snatched Devonte Graham off waivers.  Doing really good so far just kills me seeing the #s Luka is putting up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, malixx said:

I had Luka last year, i just didnt think he would take that next step... backfired lol  and yes 9 cat 10 team competitive league. I went all bigs 1st 4 rounds. Ktowns , turner, jjj & bam.  later rounds i was grabbed Shai, Ja,  VanVleet and snatched Devonte Graham off waivers.  Doing really good so far just kills me seeing the #s Luka is putting up

 

Do people just say competitive league to every league now? It cant be a competitive league if luka is available this late. It just cant... And Luka would be the perfect compliment to a towns/turner team. My god!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cozie said:


Wow #32? I grabbed w/ the #52 pick and felt that was high when I did that. I fell for the hype w/ the blocks/steals/three’s and whatever else he was capable of. 
He’s clearly over drafted but I feel stuck w/ him cause I’m not sure what I can get back in return. 

Not sure if you're on Yahoo, but his ADP was top 40.
I also spent a high pick in the one league I had him (#32 as well). Banking on it being a slow start, but highly doubt he cracks the top 50 at this point. I can live with something in the 60's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nir said:

 

Do people just say competitive league to every league now? It cant be a competitive league if luka is available this late. It just cant... And Luka would be the perfect compliment to a towns/turner team. My god!

I mean we can get into the Luka's stats last year if you wanna get technical of why i passed on him..especially towards the end of the season with that crapy fg% and high to's he had.. i tried something different this year and so far im doing pretty good with jjj exception. Im sure we all got draft choices we regret 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, malixx said:

I mean we can get into the Luka's stats last year if you wanna get technical of why i passed on him..especially towards the end of the season with that crapy fg% and high to's he had.. i tried something different this year and so far im doing pretty good with jjj exception. Im sure we all got draft choices we regret 

 

Yeah it's easy to mock in hindsight now, but Luka was ranked 100th in 9 cat last year due to %s and TOs. Plus he had a new star coming to town to eat up usage. 

It's funny that people are making fun of where he was drafted when he has made precisely the jump that JJJ owners had hoped JJJ would make. 33 would certainly have been understandable in retrospect if Luka hadn't gone super saiyan this year. Sometimes guys fall for whatever reason. Every draft has a few.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...