Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jiiiggz said:

I don't understand why some of you would of invested a top-50 pick, only to sell low when he's struggling.

Clearly a game with guarding an animal in AD tonight. He's known for his foul troubles, this wasn't new.

Relax yall

 

yup

AD shot like 18 FT's in the 3rd alone. Even the Grizz coach was fouling him

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again though, this is only in total value. If you built your team knowing Luka’s weaknesses (efficiency, in general) and punted a percentage/TOs his overall was much higher. Points leagues can be

Do you play in a 4 team league? 

This thread has become a circle jerk of "JJJ is a bum" comments.  He's young, it's a long season. Owners are going to have to be patient with him. The upside is there.    As for the com

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, brosephd said:

owning him and mitchell robinson. i'm pretty sure i'm leading the league in fouls per min.

 

if it makes you feel any better, at one point yesterday Conley had 5 fouls in 8 mins on 0/6 FG with 2 TOs

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xlosingmyedgex said:

Rough game. I'm holding for eternity, though.

 

Also, it is good to see Grayson Allen is still trying to injure people.

Those 3s are not falling. Gotta activate secondary skill right? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bigballers4life said:

Hang on for the ride, this guy will win you leagues down the stretch when Memphis is towards the bottom of the standings

Not at the price he was going for. $20+ early mid rounds he went for, so unless you got him at a complete steal he looks like he will underperform in comparison to his likely high purchase price. No ones gonna win their league with a $22 player being worth $14-$26. He could certainly still meet his expectations but being a difference maker or top player in the league seems highly unlikely. All depends on how you drafted the rest of your team.  Watched him play and honestly doesn't look like he improved much over the summer. Looks exactly the same so maybe expect similar production to last year, or slightly better. If he does lower his fouls, his block value will likely decrease a little per minute but the extra minutes from not fouling could make up for that. I don't see him somehow getting tons of blocks in comparison to last year while not fouling at this point. Similar to mitch rob. 

Edited by johnval1362
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Not at the price he was going for. $20+ early mid rounds he went for, so unless you got him at a complete steal he looks like he will underperform in comparison to his likely high purchase price. No ones gonna win their league with a $22 player being worth $14-$26. He could certainly still meet his expectations but being a difference maker or top player in the league seems highly unlikely. All depends on how you drafted the rest of your team.  Watched him play and honestly doesn't look like he improved much over the summer. Looks exactly the same so maybe expect similar production to last year, or slightly better. If he does lower his fouls, his block value will likely decrease a little per minute but the extra minutes from not fouling could make up for that. I don't see him somehow getting tons of blocks in comparison to last year while not fouling at this point. Similar to mitch rob. 

$20 is not expensive in a $200 auction, it's the equivalent of like a 5th rounder.  JJJ will be fine . He was (trying) to guard AD last game, so it's understandable what happened. I still expect about 18 pts 7 rebs 1.7 blocks 1.2 steals and 1.5 3s with good percentages, that is a pretty rare and valuable line. I also believe he will have a bigger 2nd half than 1st, as memphis will be less competitive by then and he will have more free reign. He's sort of like Myles Turner, probably won't massively breakout like a lot of people expected yet, but he will have value for his stocks and not hurting you, and still has explosion game upside when things go the right way. Actually, in terms of fantasy lines, he is Myles Turner, just with more steals and less blocks, and the potential to get more pts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richg24 said:

$20 is not expensive in a $200 auction, it's the equivalent of like a 5th rounder.  JJJ will be fine . He was (trying) to guard AD last game, so it's understandable what happened. I still expect about 18 pts 7 rebs 1.7 blocks 1.2 steals and 1.5 3s with good percentages, that is a pretty rare and valuable line. I also believe he will have a bigger 2nd half than 1st, as memphis will be less competitive by then and he will have more free reign. He's sort of like Myles Turner, probably won't massively breakout like a lot of people expected yet, but he will have value for his stocks and not hurting you, and still has explosion game upside when things go the right way. Actually, in terms of fantasy lines, he is Myles Turner, just with more steals and less blocks, and the potential to get more pts. 

For sure, my response was to someone saying he will be a league winning difference maker down the stretch. I think he went exactly where he was supposed to go (5th roundish low $20s), just dont see him being a $30+ player end of season or being a steal. Certainly not a bust, not a breakout, just kind of doing what he was doing before, which is still very valuable. KAT and AD on the other hand, I'm very afraid of right now as I have almost no stock in either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing just 26 minutes (mainly due to fouls right?), he's averaging 14.8 points, 1 three, 6.5 rbos, 0.8 steals and 1.3 blocks.  He's only shooting 42.6% right now but shot over 50% last year so by end of season it is reasonable to believe that his FG should be around 50%.  But even without projecting higher FG% and just based on current season's small sample, based on 32 minutes a game, he could be averaging 18.2 points, 1.2 3/m, 8 rbs, 1 steal, 1.6 blocks.  Those numbers look someone like Shawn Marion potential type of a player if you know what I mean

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mangchi said:

Playing just 26 minutes (mainly due to fouls right?), he's averaging 14.8 points, 1 three, 6.5 rbos, 0.8 steals and 1.3 blocks.  He's only shooting 42.6% right now but shot over 50% last year so by end of season it is reasonable to believe that his FG should be around 50%.  But even without projecting higher FG% and just based on current season's small sample, based on 32 minutes a game, he could be averaging 18.2 points, 1.2 3/m, 8 rbs, 1 steal, 1.6 blocks.  Those numbers look someone like Shawn Marion potential type of a player if you know what I mean

we all know he has the potential, which is why we drafted him between 3-5th round, now he needs to play consistent minutes, that's all we asking for, stats will come 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just flipped my Caris for JJJ, but now I'm a little concerned after reading some of these comments.  Always check The Forum first.  I think JJJ gets it figured out.  Season still young, learning how to play with Ja, and there's a new coach/system in town.  Still very early in the season so I'm hoping this foul issue gets figured out.  The rest will fall into place after than.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

Just flipped my Caris for JJJ, but now I'm a little concerned after reading some of these comments.  Always check The Forum first.  I think JJJ gets it figured out.  Season still young, learning how to play with Ja, and there's a new coach/system in town.  Still very early in the season so I'm hoping this foul issue gets figured out.  The rest will fall into place after than.

I think you got a steal in that trade. JJJ has higher upside and probably top 30 value if he  can stay out of foul trouble. A bad matchup against AD, but hopefully he can pick it up going forward. I expect big things from him this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jaren Jackson Jr 2019-2020 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...