NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 3

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 3 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 3 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My homer 9ers section: Spicy Hot Mostert (looks like the Flash) Jeff Wilson Jr. (tbh the dude looks like a cheat code, whatta monster, str8 bully on the goal line)  Deeboooooooooooooooo

Kid listed my 4th round pick as a waiver wire pickup. 

I always try to avoid any obvious names that have been repeated 50 times, so here's something a bit deeper.   Waivers process tonight, if I didn't already own CJA, I would put in a $0-1

Agholor for sure, especially if Alshon/D-Jax miss time.

Mostert looks like he has a role if Coleman continues to be out....heck, Jeff Wilson Jr. was getting goal line work for the 49ers and hit paydirt.

Seems ridiculous to say Frank Gore, but he was outtouching Singletary before Singletary got nicked up. If they're gonna give Gore 20 carries......

DJ Chark if he's still available

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

If not owned in your league, Jaylen Samuels is the easy top add and may be a "100% of your FAAB" stab for some. 

I would agree if Pittsburgh's offense looked like it has for about the past decade, but he can't be what Conner was last year. He's more of an RB2 even if Conner is out. Still worth a sizable bit of FAAB though pending the diagnosis.

• Like 2

I’d have to say Robinson would be top waiver choice. Mahomes seems to have a lot of trust in him. Anyone on the eagles seems like a bench stash crapshoot or desperate flex. Wentz is one hit away from IR. I don’t trust their offense. 

Everything got sucked up week 1. Nothing special week 2.

1. Demarcus Robinson(Mahomes chemistry/taking Tyreek role)
  2. Frank Gore(15+ rush attempts)
  3. Preston Williams(physical beast/garbage time targets/receptions)
  4. Damien Byrd(Kyler likes/trusts him)
  5. Jason Witten(RZ Target TD dependent)

Darwin Thompson needs to be considered as well...

Both D.Will and McCoy didn't look very good today and both got banged up. Thompson may be next man up....and there was big time pre-season hype around him. Question is, why did the Chiefs sign McCoy if Darwin was anything special? Still worth a flyer if reports indicate one of the 2 RBs ahead will miss some time.

• Like 1

Hollywood Brown should be #1 if he wasn't already picked up.

John Ross if he wasn't already picked up. Flukey TD or not he is the #2 target on a high volume pass offense that can support 3 WR.

Dissly is for real in Seattle. If you need TE help Dissly is a good option. He will probably bust often, but he will have some really good weeks like this one. He was good last season until his season ending injury.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Both D.Will and McCoy didn't look very good today and both got banged up. Thompson may be next man up....and there was big time pre-season hype around him. Question is, why did the Chiefs sign McCoy if Darwin was anything special? Still worth a flyer if reports indicate one of the 2 RBs ahead will miss some time.

cause Reid is comfortable with Shady and nostalgic, hes thinking imagine if I get 75% of Philly Shady

• Like 1
5 hours ago, meverett85 said:

As long as Williams and McCoy are healthy, (looks like they both will be fine) I can’t see Darwin making an impact.

• Thanks 1

Prime targets are:

Demarcus Robinson (for Tyreek owners who missed out on Watkins and Hardman)

DJ Chark (Just looks legit and the best talent they have in Jax at WR; I was a big fan of his at LSU)

Mark Andrews (This is for leagues that don't have a dedicated TE spot, he may be available because of that)

Deebo Samuel (The cream will rise in San Francisco)

Frank Gore (If you are needy at RB)

I personally wouldn't touch Agholor (short-term solution until Eagles get healthy) or Darwin unless really desperate at the position. Also, Golden Tate comes back Week 5, so it may be time to jump on him, as well.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

Will DiZZly. TE desperation time.  

Hyde, basically Sony Michel but on the Texans.  

Josh Allen, Andy Dalton, Stafford, Jimmy G for the Brees, Big Ben teams.

Randall Cobb, due to Gallup knee injury, Dallas offense is firing, 

Watch the eagles WR injuries someone might be worth a flex other than Agholor, 

Damiere Byrd, 10 receptions 87 yard, 80% of snaps, in Arizona high flying offense.  PPR leagues better option that Danny Amendola.

Gore, ya Frank Gore they play the Bengals this week, they got gashed by 49ers RBs, might be Gores last 100 yard rushing game. 

Preston Williams 7 for 87 1 TD, He is trying Parker is not.  Parker had 7 targets no receptions.  Preston will be king of Garbage Time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, dfstout said:

My homer 9ers section:

Spicy Hot Mostert (looks like the Flash)

Jeff Wilson Jr. (tbh the dude looks like a cheat code, whatta monster, str8 bully on the goal line) 

Deeboooooooooooooooooooooooo Samuel (He made Sunday look like Friday! daayyyuuuummm knockin out the competition)

The rest:

Ito Smith outgaining your late 2nd rd pick

Any Chief avail, like any Chief, all of them, leave no Chief behind...all of the Chiefs...if Andy Reid is out there then get him...pick up former Chiefs too just in case...after you're done picking up all the Chiefs then start calling anyone you encounter "Chief"...like hey I got all the Chiefs on the wire, Chief! (so glad I have Mahomie...)

Chark Attack! pick up DJ, Mustache guy loves him...

and JJAWS- JJ Arcega-Whiteside- cuz all the Eagles have landed...on the injury report...

ok I'm done...

o yea P.S. all the Chiefs

and 9ers too lol

One step ahead of u bro, picked up Jamaal Charles last week

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
12 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Also in 2 qb leagues, Taysom Hill wouldn't be a bad pick. Think Payton has some more plays for this guy.

Payton says he could be the next Steve young then goes with garbage teddy. Yeah hill could be a sneaky add in 2 qb, especially if you think Payton MIGHT be serious. 

• Like 2
  • phatrat locked and unpinned this topic