NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Simmons 2019-2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2019 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy learnt how to putt.....    

ha in what world would a team trade simmons for a declining inj prone 32 year old conley?

Get this man a nuru massage ASAP!

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Philly needs to deal him for a legit PG, would make this team take off IMO, hes the issue atm, my 2 cents

100% and he will care less as his career goes on. Got his max deal already. Numbers are down, still no shot and mistakes getting worse. Philly should see if Pels would take his contract for Jrue and JJ

1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

People love the brand name value for some reason. I might try for Sabonis or Trae.

I was reviewing the trade analyzer online and the most popular returns for Simmons are Booker and Lavine 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I'd take booker over simmons 

As disappointing as Simmons has been he's still ranked 48th in the league. 

Like any trade, whether its worth dealing for a higher ranked player is situation. Doing that trade could cripple some teams.

21 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Simmons for Conley would work in real life. Utah doesn’t need a shooter as Bogdan and Donovan Mitchell dominate the ball, and Conley needs a new location where he can get assists off Harris and Embiid.

He would be a much better fit on a team like the Bucks who space well and have a bunch of shooters. Could take pressure off Giannis with the ball handling and is an upgrade on Bledsoe imo but I doubt Philly would entertain that with a rival

28 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

As disappointing as Simmons has been he's still ranked 48th in the league. 

Like any trade, whether its worth dealing for a higher ranked player is situation. Doing that trade could cripple some teams.

He has shown zero improvement which is my concern. I took him thinking he would attempt some jumpers and three's but nope even though his own coach wants him shooting them! Even the other stats hes normally really good with are down, turnover's up, decline somehow on free throw % and worst part is how the usage is down even though Jimmy and JJ left town 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Simmons for Conley would work in real life. Utah doesn’t need a shooter as Bogdan and Donovan Mitchell dominate the ball, and Conley needs a new location where he can get assists off Harris and Embiid.

ha in what world would a team trade simmons for a declining inj prone 32 year old conley?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He has shown zero improvement which is my concern. I took him thinking he would attempt some jumpers and three's but nope even though his own coach wants him shooting them! Even the other stats hes normally really good with are down, turnover's up, decline somehow on free throw % and worst part is how the usage is down even though Jimmy and JJ left town 

100% he doesn’t get to the FT line because he’s also scared. I mean he had kemba Walker guarding him yesterday lol. Not once he drove in with kemba on him! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mas10 said:

100% he doesn’t get to the FT line because he’s also scared. I mean he had kemba Walker guarding him yesterday lol. Not once he drove in with kemba on him! 

Lol scared and just doesn’t take the game serious. How are you a pro making max money and can’t shoot 60% at the line 

37 minutes ago, allday_ad said:

This is about his fantasy outlook, not his value to the sixers...17/6/6/2/1 the past two weeks, hes been pretty money lately. I dont get why hes getting so much hate...

Because his numbers are down across the board except for steals. His % are worse than last year and his owners expected a jump shot and more three point shooting. He worked all offseason and just doesn’t care to improve. JJ and Butler left yet his usage is down makes no sense. Man got paid he doesn’t care anymore 

40 minutes ago, allday_ad said:

This is about his fantasy outlook, not his value to the sixers...17/6/6/2/1 the past two weeks, hes been pretty money lately. I dont get why hes getting so much hate...

Lack of efficiency and turnovers.

simmons was top 60 last year and not much has changed this year.

to anyone who burned a top 30 pick in this guy, you played yourself 

19 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Because his numbers are down across the board except for steals. His % are worse than last year and his owners expected a jump shot and more three point shooting. He worked all offseason and just doesn’t care to improve. JJ and Butler left yet his usage is down makes no sense. Man got paid he doesn’t care anymore 

Some numbers:

15.8/9/7.9/1.4/0.8 on .57 and .59%s with  3.3 to last year until Dec 21. Ranked 55th on BBM in standard 9 cat leagues.

This year 14.3/6.8/8.1/2.2/0.6 on .562 and .598 with 3.7 to. Ranked 41st on BBM.

Problem is not Ben Simmons. He is what he is.

Problem seems to be with your expectations and buying into preseason hype about his shooting. Not every player can improve (like Siakam lastyear and this year)

26 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Some numbers:

15.8/9/7.9/1.4/0.8 on .57 and .59%s with  3.3 to last year until Dec 21. Ranked 55th on BBM in standard 9 cat leagues.

This year 14.3/6.8/8.1/2.2/0.6 on .562 and .598 with 3.7 to. Ranked 41st on BBM.

Problem is not Ben Simmons. He is what he is.

Problem seems to be with your expectations and buying into preseason hype about his shooting. Not every player can improve (like Siakam lastyear and this year)

He’s not just any player, the guy went first overall without a jump shot. It’s not crazy to think he would improve. Of course my expectation is he would develop one and take the next step. Siakam improved because he has the drive. Simmons just doesn’t care it’s obvious. His own coach said he wants him shooting 1 three a game where is it? 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He’s not just any player, the guy went first overall without a jump shot. It’s not crazy to think he would improve. Of course my expectation is he would develop one and take the next step. Siakam improved because he has the drive. Simmons just doesn’t care it’s obvious. His own coach said he wants him shooting 1 three a game where is it? 

Out of curiosity, where did you draft him?

I agree with Dontgiveup. The bloke has regressed from his rookie year. If you actually watch this guy play live you would see how much of a pussy he is with the way he plays. It’s so bad! And yes you expect him to improve in his 3rd year. Ingram has. He’s a better player than him now. 

• Thanks 1