NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

Just out of curiosity, what is his trade value? I've been shopping him around to see what I could get for him, but it seems like nobody is interested unless its a lowball (like Ingram straight up smh). He's been dialing it up the last few games (except for the scoreless stinker). What gives? I still value him at a borderline 1st rounder.

its buy low because of the 0 point game vs the raps. i think his buy low moment is ending tho, id consider him borderline first round also, but people undervalue him because he'll miss games. they just announced he'll play tonight for the back to back, and he did the same last week, so his value is rising again. he is a high-risk high-reward kind of guy because he can put up monster lines but he can also get into fights with other players and get suspended for multiple games. id put him in the top 20, maybe top 15 if he doesnt miss games

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude's name is "Miles Bridges better than Zion," what other evidence did you need???

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, andy1234 said:

Just out of curiosity, what is his trade value? I've been shopping him around to see what I could get for him, but it seems like nobody is interested unless its a lowball (like Ingram straight up smh). He's been dialing it up the last few games (except for the scoreless stinker). What gives? I still value him at a borderline 1st rounder.

A lot of people will be reticent to trade for an early round pick who has already missed 5 games in the early going.  There are some with higher risk tolerance who might be interested and looking to move a second rounder that isn’t an ideal fit for their roster.  If you’re hoping To net a late first rounder you may need to sweeten the deal a bit.  

1 hour ago, andy1234 said:

Hasn’t been good. Not a good time to trade him, ppl been offering borderline 2nd rders and a trade kicker type piece (mid-late rd guy).

I Ideally wanted 2 rd rounders back for him, or 1 legit 2nder and a on the cusp type 2-3rd rder but no  serious takers really. 

Your better off just keeping him. Despite the slow start and load management, Biid is a a beast. Best center behind towns/AD and should still finish top 10 this season per average stats, just have to work around his workload games.

This has been prob the worst case scenario so far though. Absolutely horrendous start with poor shooting, inconsistencies, and rest days...but....seems like he trending up. Playing b2b this weekend, and this early in season is very promising.  If your intent on trading him, def don’t do it now. Wait for 1-2 more weeks with some consistency and hopefully big games.

• Like 1

I was trying my hardest to trade him in the past few weeks but he feels more like a hold now unless you're getting back some great players.

He's now played in the last two B2Bs and the sixers have clearly struggled in the games hes missed. He'll still get a rest day here or there but the increased competition in the east this season is great for his fantasy outlook.

The fact that he played against a team like the Knicks on the first day of a B2B and they probably would have lost handily had he not played bodes well for his outlook moving forward.

2 hours ago, andy1234 said:

I traded for him a couple weeks ago. I gave Devin Booker, Richaun Holmes, and OG Anunoby in a 9 cat DD league. Feel pretty good about it - it doesnt look like Embiid is in shape yet. 

21 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

I traded for him a couple weeks ago. I gave Devin Booker, Richaun Holmes, and OG Anunoby in a 9 cat DD league. Feel pretty good about it - it doesnt look like Embiid is in shape yet. 

That’s a good trade for you. You keep the blocks and boards you lost and get more of them. 

Irving and Embiid are both injury prone. There is also risk for Embiid to get rested during playoff weeks in your fantasy. However, if Nets are out of playoff contention I can see Irving getting rested too. Comes down to what cats you need.

2 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Irving and Embiid are both injury prone. There is also risk for Embiid to get rested during playoff weeks in your fantasy. However, if Nets are out of playoff contention I can see Irving getting rested too. Comes down to what cats you need.

Agreed, kyrie has missed the last 8 games 

If in trading Embiid I want more stable players 

guys like gobert and booker etc if you get my drift 

if we’re talking like a KP kyrie combo

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Makes sense, he's getting ready for the Sunday game vs. the Raptors! Huge revenge angle.

No. He’s actually just a huge pussy that can’t back up what he says. Enough with the babying this guy. If he can’t do it now he never will. What a massive headache it is to own this guy he just pisses me off every other game. 

Currently watching the TOR v PHI game. Mind you this is the first time I watch any PHI games this year.

I notice Embiid moves a bit slow out there. Also noticed he favors his left leg a lot. Always lifting it & moving it around. Is Embiid normally this slow moving around the court? Looking like Mr McDouble Jokic out there.

Almost a quadruple double tonight.....

Averaging 5 points, 1 reb, 1 ast, and 0.5 blocks less from last season. Jokic has been trying to cement himself as worst first round pick this year but Embiid won't let him. Guess I'll have to wait for his next stretch of 4 good games and try to trade him for Siakam or something.