Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Otto Porter Jr 2019-2020 Outlook


Mikhov
 Share

Recommended Posts

Currently having DAR, Vucevic, Hayward and Irving occupying my only 2 IL spots, should I still hold OPJ in 12 teams 9cat h2h team?

It's getting very annoying. 

 

 

Edit: just dropped, farewell gay boy 

Edited by csklmf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

 

He was always going to have another MRI to see how the injury has progressed. 

 

Not really.  If it was progressing as expected there would be no need for an MRI.  People don't realize medicine existed long before MRIs.  They are tools used when everything else they know isn't adding up -- like lack of healing from a bone bruise.

Just drop this dude he was moving like a senior citizen even before the injury.  If it's not this it will be his hip or "general soreness".  

If you see a positive report keep an eye on him, until then leave him on the wire or FFS if you're still holding what you doing?  DROP.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, laurilegend said:

 

Not really.  If it was progressing as expected there would be no need for an MRI.  People don't realize medicine existed long before MRIs.  They are tools used when everything else they know isn't adding up -- like lack of healing from a bone bruise.

Just drop this dude he was moving like a senior citizen even before the injury.  If it's not this it will be his hip or "general soreness".  

If you see a positive report keep an eye on him, until then leave him on the wire or FFS if you're still holding what you doing?  DROP.  

An MRI revealed additional bone bruising in Otto Porter's left foot, that was not initially seen in his original MRI, and he will miss at least another two weeks of action. = NOV 20th

 

Thus far, he's been limited to elliptical work, lifting weights and doing some spot shooting, but he is expected to get another MRI soon to determine his progress. = DEC 2nd

 

but keep going with the mis-information Doc, guess an MRI to see how a bone bruise is healing makes no sense, im sure they can use X-Ray vision or something to see how its progressing or just take the players word on how it feels which we know always works out

Edited by kmoore1521
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

An MRI revealed additional bone bruising in Otto Porter's left foot, that was not initially seen in his original MRI, and he will miss at least another two weeks of action. = NOV 20th

 

Thus far, he's been limited to elliptical work, lifting weights and doing some spot shooting, but he is expected to get another MRI soon to determine his progress. = DEC 2nd

 

but keep going with the mis-information Doc, guess an MRI to see how a bone bruise is healing makes no sense, im sure they can use X-Ray vision or something to see how its progressing or just take the players word on how it feels which we know always works out

 

Your reading comprehension needs work as I'm not even sure what you're haranging me for as you didn't refute my argument just sort highlighted a news item on Porter Jr.

His injury obviously wasn't progressing as expected.  That's why they did the 2nd MRI.  If he starts to heal and is feeling better there will be no need for an additional MRI.  Think about this: how many times have you EVER heard a report of "AN MRI CLEARED...to start practicing".  Rarely if ever.  Because they only give MRIs when s--- doesn't make sense otherwise.   

From a fan's perspective additional MRIs usual = no bueno.

That he NEEDED another one, and that it did reveal more damage, is really bad.  Again, docs and trainers have all sorts of tools to diagnose and monitor injuries.  MRIs are just another tool they aren't a magic diagnostic tool.  If so they wouldn't have missed his bruising on the 1st MRI!  

TLDR: drop Ottto Porter Jr and hope you don't have to ever undergo an MRI for a sports injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, laurilegend said:

His injury obviously wasn't progressing as expected.  That's why they did the 2nd MRI.  If he starts to heal and is feeling better there will be no need for an additional MRI.  Think about this: how many times have you EVER heard a report of "AN MRI CLEARED...to start practicing".  Rarely if ever.  Because they only give MRIs when s--- doesn't make sense otherwise.   

That he NEEDED another one, and that it did reveal more damage, is really bad.  Again, docs and trainers have all sorts of tools to diagnose and monitor injuries.  MRIs are just another tool they aren't a magic diagnostic tool.  If so they wouldn't have missed his bruising on the 1st MRI!  

 

1. After that MRI where they found additional bone bruising, why wouldn't they have a follow up MRI to assess the progress? thats general practice 101 so your gloom and doom about the follow up is misguided

2. This is complete subjective and you cannot really say one way or another why they might've missed the bruise on the first MRI or really anything about the situation clinically, its all speculation 

but the overall point is it is a fact he was always going to have another MRI after they found the additional bruising and there is zero reason to cite that as a negative unless the results are negative 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very reminiscent of owning RoCo while he "rehabilitated" from a bone bruise last year.  Vague timelines, very little hope provided, no shutdown announced or light at the end of the tunnel for an extended period -- just assumptions.  Not saying he will eventually be shut down, but damn, I don't have any confidence in this guy getting back onto the court some time soon (ie.; before end of the year). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m still holding on a 14er. I’m also in 3rd place with curry/OPJ/Thomas Bryant with one IR. 

 

OPJ is a proven top 50 player. If you’ve held this long and are still competitive then I’d suggest continuing to hold. A big question is who would you be picking up if you drop him. In a competitive 14er like mines you’re not getting much so I’m getting better off holding and streaming a spot or 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...