NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who Will Be Next Week's Waiver Gems?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keep an eye for Christian McCaffrey in the coming week if an owner drops him because of his bye week.   Could be a league winner.  

I agree...great pickup in 2 team leagues.  

That's cool for you, but that's insane that Henry and Brees were just sitting on waivers this whole time in a competitive league, right? 

13 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

I have Jackson paired with Hollywood. To each his own i guess

Yeah, I'm not sure fading the Ravens offense is a quality fantasy strategy this year. Lamar, Ingram, Hollywood and Andrews all look like every-week fantasy starts.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, smeeze said:

Yeah, I'm not sure fading the Ravens offense is a quality fantasy strategy this year. Lamar, Ingram, Hollywood and Andrews all look like every-week fantasy starts.

Against Fins and Cardinals for sure, but I will wait for better opponents to be the judge. Im not buying this offense

• Haha 1

How about Anthony Miller

Guy showed a lot last year and was pegged to be a potential breakout and late round value this year. Bears offense hasn’t looked good at all but have had two tough matchups in GB and at Denver. Redskins have been one of the worst team defenses against the pass. Maybe the week he breaks out? Good stash for those of you in yahoo leagues who can drop dead weight off your bench after a game has been played 

27 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Never heard of Ty Johnson. Googled to see who he was. 😂

spacer.png

Ya, I love this guy too. Just set him up for screen passes and watch him fly. And unlike Nyheim Hines he can rush as well and break tackles.

Edited by MrPositive
4 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Just dropped jackson to handcuff Ingram w/ Edwards. Now I'm wondering if I should pick up Darwin just in case Reid gives him a few touches and pops off. Anyone think Darwin still has a shot?

yes. 

Williams is hurt much more than they are letting on, imo. 

i think the kid makes a splash this week ... forcing KoolAid to reevaluate the situation. 

i will hold as long as i can ... i'd rather have a potential piece of that offense than some ham n' egger scrubbola at the end of my bench. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

Just dropped jackson to handcuff Ingram w/ Edwards. Now I'm wondering if I should pick up Darwin just in case Reid gives him a few touches and pops off. Anyone think Darwin still has a shot?

I was a believer.  But it just doesn't look like Reid trust the kids pass protection at this point.  I really think it would take all three KC RB's to be out for him to have a huge impact.  Unless your in a really big league or have deep benches hard to justify using a roster spot on a teams number 4 RB.

Edited by youngrice
  • Like 2

Gus Edwards has looked good but without an injury he's simply getting mop up time, which can be unpredictable doesn't provide much upside. That said, lots of value as a cuff. 

I think Preston Williams could have a good day and may be an add next week. 

Depending on what happens with Hilton, possibly Campbell or Cain.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Neauxls said:

Edwards is my pick. He needs to be rostered in 12 team leagues, lotto ticket if Ingram goes down. 

I watched the replay of the Ravens-Chiefs game, and immediately added him everywhere I could including the team where I own Ingram (and I despise handcuffing my own players). 

He looked every bit the part, ripping off chunk gains all over the place and had a couple of big plays called back on penalties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sun Tzu changed the title to Who Will Be Next Week's Waiver Gems?