Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Capela 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

 

Houston just aint winning a chip anytime soon . Even if they trade Capela for other pieces . They got worse and worse as the years passed bye , instead of getting better . Their best version imo was with CP3 , when they almost beat GS in the playoffs but Paul got injured (they had a great defense that year) . What was that 2 or 3 years ago my memory is foggy . And as far as Westbrook , trade him for what no one would take him . I feel like the Rockets will be stuck in limbo for another couple years 

 

You are absolutely right.  Chris Paul, Capela, and Ariza masks Harden on Defence.

They should have kept Ariza, Luc Mbah a Moute, and get more 3 and D players, instead they got worse and worse on defence 🤣.  Not surprised when CP3 and Harden has beef since Harden give 0 effort on D.

The only reason OKC is able to play 3 guard lineup right now is because CP3 is able to guard the biggest and toughest defender on the other team, most of the time he has to guard their bigger SF and let Shai take the smaller assignment.

 

This is Capela's thread so let's talk about him.  I guess if Houston gives up on having a good center then they are just gonna flip Caplea and get a wing so they can play super small which I think is a horrible idea.  Capela is only 15mil/year (I think that's correct no.) and he is definitely worth that money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly , D'antoni was getting too cute. Just stick with the lineups that worked so well last year . It's not "Rocket" science  

It's been 4 fukin minutes lol relax

43 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I just hope he gets over his heel issue and it’s not pf and it lingers.

Part of me is hoping they have been over managing the heel issue due to knowing they were about to trade him. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

this trade makes me nervous. sure his stats should remain similar and trae will be throwing plenty of lobs. Atlanta suckkkk, and if this heel / plantar fasciitis if that is the case continues to linger in any way - serious shut down risk especially now they have dedmon (if not traded again) as backup + collins. im hoping he gets back puts up 5 strong games and ill be looking to trade him ASAP (ironic because I traded Zion for him for that reason in the first place) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beejay6020 said:

this trade makes me nervous. sure his stats should remain similar and trae will be throwing plenty of lobs. Atlanta suckkkk, and if this heel / plantar fasciitis if that is the case continues to linger in any way - serious shut down risk especially now they have dedmon (if not traded again) as backup + collins.


bingo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone a little concerned about the fact he has been dealing with Plantar Fascitis. That is a pretty nasty and lingering injury and I feel like Hawks would be the type of team to be extremely cautious with that injury and take their time on getting him back. I think he will be out well past the ASB or at very least his minutes will be monitored.

It is making me consider Dedmon as a handcuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FantasyMamba said:

Is anyone a little concerned about the fact he has been dealing with Plantar Fascitis. That is a pretty nasty and lingering injury and I feel like Hawks would be the type of team to be extremely cautious with that injury and take their time on getting him back. I think he will be out well past the ASB or at very least his minutes will be monitored.

It is making me consider Dedmon as a handcuff.

Dedmon is the insurance I would add him 100%. See what happens with Clint after the ASB and act accordingly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't help because the highest value he has is right now. So tempted to trade for Richard haulmes jus because hawks not going anywhere the lingering heel issue

 

My thing is, in fantasy, where's theres smoke theres usually fire.

Edited by Ganandorf
Add stuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FantasyMamba said:

Is anyone a little concerned about the fact he has been dealing with Plantar Fascitis. That is a pretty nasty and lingering injury and I feel like Hawks would be the type of team to be extremely cautious with that injury and take their time on getting him back. I think he will be out well past the ASB or at very least his minutes will be monitored.

It is making me consider Dedmon as a handcuff.

yeh for sure. I added dedmon as a handcuff and I think he looked really good in his debut so should be the perfect fill in whilst capela is out similar to dieng was when KAT was out

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ganandorf said:

Doesn't help because the highest value he has is right now. So tempted to trade for Richard haulmes jus because hawks not going anywhere the lingering heel issue

 

My thing is, in fantasy, where's theres smoke theres usually fire.

Kings aren't going anywhere either lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jclee4 said:

Any news on this guy?

News isn't likely to drop over the all star break. I think he's gonna be fine though, Atlanta is trying to build something and are going to want to see how Capela fits in with Trae/Collins and the rest. I don't see him just shutting it down like some ppl fear, just my 2 cents though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

News isn't likely to drop over the all star break. I think he's gonna be fine though, Atlanta is trying to build something and are going to want to see how Capela fits in with Trae/Collins and the rest. I don't see him just shutting it down like some ppl fear, just my 2 cents though. 



I don't know man look at all the bigs this season with ankle foot issues... thomas bryant, marvin bagley, wendal carter, wagner... all these fellas can't seem to play meaningful minutes to save their life.... Capela's still under contract till 2023-2024 i believe? Why potentially waste a full season if this dude manages to tear a calf ... I have no doubt that he'll come back to play,  but I think not playing b2b is a high possibility especially if they can't string together a streak of wins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clint Capela (right heel) did not participate in Tuesday's practice.

Not good. Capela has been dealing with plantar fasciitis in his right heel since December, and he hasn't played since Jan. 26, so the fact that he still not practicing is concerning. The only real remedy for plantar fasciitis is extended rest, and the 15-41 Hawks will be in no rush to get him to the court. For now, we'll be considering him doubtful for Thursday's game against the Heat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised by this news 

5 days or so ago the coach went on to a local sports radio station and said he guesses Capela would be back near the end of February 

I figured he’d be back after the all star break but I guess he literally meant at the end of February

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...