NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kevin Love 2019-2020 Outlook

michael_scott

18 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

That contract alone should motivate him to give his best every night

Why? Hes playing for a crap team. He got his guaranteed money, the only incentive he has is to play well in order to show other teams "hey look at me, trade for me I can help you win a chip." Problem is, his contract is huge and hes had a history of injury and lets be real, the only teams that have a chance at winning this season are the lakers, houston, clippers, milwaukee.

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin Love had an emotional verbal outburst directed toward general manager Koby Altman following shootaround on Saturday, expressing his displeasure and disgust with the organization, according to Joe Vardon and Shams Charania of The Athletic.

The report adds Love said the front office had "no feel here", he disagreed with a $1,000 fine from an outburst on the bench on Dec. 31, and that this wasn't the first argument between Love and Altman. Last season per the report, Altman threatened to fine Love, and Love reportedly said, "Go ahead. I have plenty of money." The loaded report also adds that Love would prefer a trade to a contender, but he hasn't publicly asked for one. You can bet the trade rumors will be heating up in a hurry here.

#FREELOVE

• Haha 1

If I were him, I would be fed up too. Sexton has terrible court vision and plays pretty selfishly. No one can really run a solid PNR with Love on that team. The only player who could and has the potential to would be Garland, but he's still too raw and by no means an NBA ready point guard. Good luck to Love wherever he ends up. 

#FREELOVE

1 hour ago, doomz said:

The frustration there is definitely at the coach, not Sexton. He reacts to the coach shrugging at him. Looks like he wasn't running the planned play, but he's being guarded by CP3 in the paint?? Let this man go, it's bad for everybody

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, apk158 said:

The frustration there is definitely at the coach, not Sexton. He reacts to the coach shrugging at him. Looks like he wasn't running the planned play, but he's being guarded by CP3 in the paint?? Let this man go, it's bad for everybody

Good call. If you watch Beilein in the clip — not Sexton — you can tell it’s Love and Beilein that are having the dispute.

5 minutes ago, DaBears3421 said:

Have him on my fantasy team (categories), do you think he’ll be better after traded? Or do you think I should trade away now?

Most likely worse, I mean currently isn’t he the 1st or 2nd option for the Cavs . I’m sure if he get traded to a contender , that won’t be the case.