NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lamarcus Aldridge 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My reverse jinx works at a 97% clip.  I wouldn't try to convince me to stop about half time performances.

Aside from one outlier year after which Pop said he needed to utilize LMA better, his averages have been 25, 18, 26.  His averages have been: 18-23 ppg; 8.5-9.2 rpg; 1.1-1.3 bpg; 1.5-2.4 apg; .5-.6 sp

Aldridge got his finger caught on the net while practicing with coach Matt Bonner, and that aggravated his shoulder injury. Coach Pop said he doesn't know if Aldridge will be back for Sunday at CLE.

31 minutes ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Back to back top 25 finishes , where are we ranking him this year.

getting selected in the 4th round , is it a bad idea to reach in the 3rd? 

Don’t see a reason why he would change, same situation and his game doesn’t rely on athleticism.

Ever since he stopped whining about playing center and resigning himself to whatever the team needed, you know that you’re getting a 18+ ppg 8+ rpg, 1 bpg + low TO player whose main value is the out of position free throw % with volume you get.

Not exciting but definitely solid and especially good for punt assist builds (but he shouldnt be considered a fg anchor as he’s prone to stretches of bad fg).

He SHOULD take a hit usage wise with the emergence of White and return of DJM, but he’s still their most reliable offensive player (not a DDR fan).

I find that he’s harder to trade for midseason, but you can consistently get him cheaper than you should in most drafts and via preseason trading.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

I have a feeling he will have a slight decline this year. 

At his age, its reasonable to believe that he is going downhill. But then Spurs basically got nobody else other than Jakob Poeltl to play PF/C. Someone gotta grab them rebounds and provide inside scoring, right?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Don’t see a reason why he would change, same situation and his game doesn’t rely on athleticism.

Ever since he stopped whining about playing center and resigning himself to whatever the team needed, you know that you’re getting a 18+ ppg 8+ rpg, 1 bpg + low TO player whose main value is the out of position free throw % with volume you get.

Not exciting but definitely solid and especially good for punt assist builds (but he shouldnt be considered a fg anchor as he’s prone to stretches of bad fg).

He SHOULD take a hit usage wise with the emergence of White and return of DJM, but he’s still their most reliable offensive player (not a DDR fan).

I find that he’s harder to trade for midseason, but you can consistently get him cheaper than you should in most drafts and via preseason trading.

You make some good points but I don't see DW and DJM having much of a negative impact on LMA's usage.  I see DW/DJM playing within Pop's system with DDR being their 1st option again.  They're absolutely taking away shots from the rest of the backcourt (Forbes, Mills, Belinelli) naturally by soaking up more minutes. 

I find LMA to be a great pick in the 35-45 range or for ~$25 primarily because he offers a good blend of FG%, FT% and blocks which are three of the scarcest stats. 

• Like 2

But guys..... do you think he can still produce like 18ppg, 7.5rpg and at least 1 blk this coming season? I've been checking his stats for the past couple of years and it's quite similar.

Dejounte Murray is a strong rebounder for a PG. So LMA's boards could tick down a bit. If the Spurs roll with White and Murray as the starting guards, it could allow teams to pack the paint. Would this affect Aldridge FG%? Hard to say, likely to be minor regardless. 

Aside from one outlier year after which Pop said he needed to utilize LMA better, his averages have been 25, 18, 26.  His averages have been: 18-23 ppg; 8.5-9.2 rpg; 1.1-1.3 bpg; 1.5-2.4 apg; .5-.6 spg; 51-52 FG%; 84-86 FT%; 1.3-1.8 TO per game.  He's played 74, 75, 81 games per season.  There's almost no variance in his statistical production or games played.  I'd say he's 90%+ to be around 20 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 apg, 1.2 bpg, .6 spg, 51/85 with 1.5 TO.  Across the three efficiency cats, he's one of the most efficient players in the game, and is great for roto.  His little man stats: assists, steals, and threes are mediocre even compared to bigs.  Otherwise, he's a 20/9 consistent guy who doesn't miss games, despite being old, and is one of the most efficient players.  Lock for top 30 in per game imo.  Probably top 20 in totals.     

• Like 4
1 hour ago, sixers11 said:

I think LMA plays the 4 more this year like he did post all star break last year. His rebounds and blocks will be coming down. 

His blocks increased to 1.7 and rebounds to 9.8 post-ASB last year vs full season averages of 1.3 and 9.2, respectively... 🤔

So in theory that usually happens but we haven't seen statistical evidence of it yet. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Why are Big men like Collins, Turner, Robinson, Jackson, getting drafted higher than Aldridge? Aldridge's stats are better and he's been consistent. Is it just a boring pick and people think he will decline and the other will really play MUCH better than last year? If all these guys are available at #30, would you pick Aldridge in 8 Cat Roto?

3 hours ago, magic32 said:

Why are Big men like Collins, Turner, Robinson, Jackson, getting drafted higher than Aldridge? Aldridge's stats are better and he's been consistent. Is it just a boring pick and people think he will decline and the other will really play MUCH better than last year? If all these guys are available at #30, would you pick Aldridge in 8 Cat Roto?

Hype and novelty.

2 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

This would be more concerning if the dude hadn't been a wrecking ball over the previous three games. Clips have championship defense and will be a fantasy killer this year. LMA's fine

Yep. When in doubt sit against the Clippers (and Lakers to an extent).

Edited by RLDN106
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Lamarcus Aldridge 2019-2020 Outlook