NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lamarcus Aldridge 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My reverse jinx works at a 97% clip.  I wouldn't try to convince me to stop about half time performances.

Aside from one outlier year after which Pop said he needed to utilize LMA better, his averages have been 25, 18, 26.  His averages have been: 18-23 ppg; 8.5-9.2 rpg; 1.1-1.3 bpg; 1.5-2.4 apg; .5-.6 sp

Aldridge got his finger caught on the net while practicing with coach Matt Bonner, and that aggravated his shoulder injury. Coach Pop said he doesn't know if Aldridge will be back for Sunday at CLE.

1 hour ago, jlin88 said:

If you watch the games, this year seems like Pop has him really focused only on boxing out the opposing big - letting the other guys grab the board.

I've noticed this too. He's boxing out hard, then someone else swoops

10 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Spurs are currently 5-6 and on a 3-game losing streak so hopefully Pop changes things up and possibly reverts to how he’s used LMA last year..

Yeah.  Seriously, they need to find a way to get their shooters more involved.  The commentators were reminding the world that Pop never liked the three point line/rule, but Mills/Forbes/Belli need to take/make more shots, and DDR/LMA need to stop settling for jumpers (yeah, they're decent at it and they've been doing it forever, but it's just not metrically viable, especially when they're not playing defense to stop the other team from scoring).

Also doesn't help that Murray/White are both great rebounders for their position.  LMA looks like he's getting destroyed by other Cs though, even if he does try to box out.

19 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

FFS.  SCORE YOU IMBECILE!

5 minutes ago, kane said:

miss all shot in first half,he looks soft and washed,smh

lol, guys I actually screamed when he got his first rebound.  

Remember when he was an All-Star?  I can't.

12 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

I knew he wasn't gonna be as good as last season but damn I didn't think he'd fall off this bad, at least he got 3 blks anything else I can get from him at this point is a bonus. 

ha hes returning same value as last yea. outside less reb and pts. blks up everything else is the same. id take that trade off most of the time

Edited by colepenhagen
3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

ha hes returning same value as last yea. outside less reb and pts. blks up everything else is the same. id take that trade off most of the time

Last year he averaged 9.2 boards and 21.3 ppg.

Right now, he's averaging 5.9 boards and 17.9 ppg, a dropoff of 3.3 boards and 4.4 points.  It doesn't seem like much, but that's quite a big difference, enough to drop him from #25 (last year) to #49 (this year), according to BM.  

Sure, he's adding .4 blks, up from 1.3 to 1.7, but I'd much rather have the boards/points, as that's what he's known for.  Perhaps most of us are upset because he's had so many duds this year as he has good games (or it seems like it).

1 minute ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

Just for this game, remember the Magic are one of the best defensive teams in the league and also one of the worst matchups for bigs. The Spurs are also suffering for lack of spacing this season.

no isaac tonight and spurs is already lack of spacing past few years

18 minutes ago, kane said:

The spacing is even worse this season. It's a combination of Dejounte's integration into the lineup and hesitancy to shoot, their wings shooting lower percentages this season, Marcus not keeping his word which made them cut Bertans for nothing, and a decent big that would pair well with Aldridge (Lyles and Jakob not showing significant growth).

Edited by OxyBubbleMan
12 minutes ago, kane said:

Yeah, right here.

The blocks are nice though.  Vooch keeps trying to challenge LMA inside, and the latter just keeps putting his hands up.  A little surprising that Vooch doesn't just range LMA a bit more.  I'm not complaining on that one, though I will say that LMA's sorta just watching the rebound like he expects his teammates to get them.

1 hour ago, MWon said:

Last year he averaged 9.2 boards and 21.3 ppg.

Right now, he's averaging 5.9 boards and 17.9 ppg, a dropoff of 3.3 boards and 4.4 points.  It doesn't seem like much, but that's quite a big difference, enough to drop him from #25 (last year) to #49 (this year), according to BM.  

Sure, he's adding .4 blks, up from 1.3 to 1.7, but I'd much rather have the boards/points, as that's what he's known for.  Perhaps most of us are upset because he's had so many duds this year as he has good games (or it seems like it).

hes started slow last year and in previous years if I remember- oct-nov 30 last year he was in the 80's overall on 17/10 43% fg. im sure the pts, reb,  and blks will stabilize as the year goes on but when a player is returning same value as his adp then its funny to here some of these complaints. I guess people were expecting his top 25 fringe 2nd rd ceiling when he was drafted in the 4th this year.

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

It figures that now that i own him, THIS is the year he regresses. I drafted him too high. Dammit. 

Same. Actually thought he was one of the safest picks to be a top 30 lock, which is why I took him at the 2/3 turn considering how he’s done in the past. Figured his game wasn’t going to be affected by age due to it not relying on athleticism - guess I was very wrong.

4 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Same. Actually thought he was one of the safest picks to be a top 30 lock, which is why I took him at the 2/3 turn considering how he’s done in the past. Figured his game wasn’t going to be affected by age due to it not relying on athleticism - guess I was very wrong.

I did the same exact thing. So much for his "consistency" He has been incredibly inconsistent with his shooting and scoring and hasn't had a double digit rebound game all year and hasn't even had more than 6 rebounds in 7 straight games! The only thing that is good so far are his blocks and there is no chance he keeps that up. 

I think the rebounds are gone with Murray in the fold. In terms of his scoring just be patient as he averaged 16pts on 42% during the month of November last year. I am still confident we can get 20 and 7.5 boards on 50/80% shooting and his blocks have been trending up every year since hes joined SA.

• Like 2