NBC Sports Edge Forums

Lamarcus Aldridge 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My reverse jinx works at a 97% clip.  I wouldn't try to convince me to stop about half time performances.

Aside from one outlier year after which Pop said he needed to utilize LMA better, his averages have been 25, 18, 26.  His averages have been: 18-23 ppg; 8.5-9.2 rpg; 1.1-1.3 bpg; 1.5-2.4 apg; .5-.6 sp

Aldridge got his finger caught on the net while practicing with coach Matt Bonner, and that aggravated his shoulder injury. Coach Pop said he doesn't know if Aldridge will be back for Sunday at CLE.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 12:05 PM, jowell77 said:

With the Spurs having >80% chance of missing the playoffs, this guys will definitely get load management in March right?

It's still dependent on wins. They're not out of the playoff hunt yet, and all they need is to be close. Really tough to tell. I don't think pop is one to give up early, but everyone knows he can't coach this team to a chip.

The days of pop making any team a contender are long gone, as he is probably considered an outdated coach at this point. Like phil Jackson, if you can't coach the modern game you will lose. So we'll see, just hoping for some wins to keep LMA alive. 

50 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Aldridge got his finger caught on the net while practicing with coach Matt Bonner, and that aggravated his shoulder injury. Coach Pop said he doesn't know if Aldridge will be back for Sunday at CLE.

I'm sorry this hilarious 

Cmon is this real? 

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, indigorivers said:

I'm sorry this hilarious 

I dunno what's more hilarious, the stupidity of the injury, or the fact that the Red Mamba is coaching LMA.

I'd laugh a bit more except that LMA's sorta needed with my team being cupcake soft and literally half my team (7 players) is MIA right now. 

Okay, y'all awake or what?  (Or am I the only one still holding him?)

LMA probable for today (upgraded from doubtful).

A bit concerned that he could get Popped later even with the new league rules (the Bucks just did it yesterday), since the Spurs are a longshot to make the POs. But for now, this is great news that even if he doesn't play today, he's close. 

Lineups generally don't change same day, and there's no b2bs to stream now to get for wed/thu, so I'm actually hoping he doesn't play today so I can get an extra game in by using 2 adds then switching him in on Friday with the IL tag still on him. That one game could make a huge difference. 

Glad to hear he's gonna be back this week either way. Now just need steph and giannis to get back out there. Damn you giannis... no ones safe nowadays. 

Damn, I know LMA's supposedly "good" at shooting jump shots but good god man, if it's not falling, attack the rim!  Dude is 2/3 in the paint and 0/5 outside.

I miss the days when he was in Portland and his post-up game was one of the best in the leagues.  Nowadays, guys like AD and LMA are basically just pick and pop players and when they're missing, they're basically worthless (well, AD's defense keeps him on the court).  Pop really needs to stagger him with a shooter.

EDIT: Thank god he actually attacked the rim on a 3-1 fast break.  I honestly thought he'd stop at the FT line to shy away from Zingis too.

I ... I did not expect those stocks.  Well then, I'll take back my criticisms posted earlier (though I still think they're incredibly valid).