NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jamaal Williams 2019 Outlook

crazyfingers711

8 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

I don’t think it was last year I remember down the stretch Williams was balling fantasy wise when Jones got hurt

Stats last year during semis and final ship week. Difference maker for late season waiver pickup. I know that's last year but when given the opportunity, he produces. Glad to have this flex/rb2 depth. 

Week 15 @ CHI 12/55/1 and 4/42 rec

Week 16 @ NYJ 15/95/1 and 6/61 rec

• Haha 1

People dont want to hear it..especially aaron Jones owners..buttt the coach said he wanted him more involved after the first game or 2, he immediately gave you 10 plus in ppr, the next week against eagles he does down 1st quarter..when he came back he posted another good fantasy outing...so in reality you take both games he has played after the coaches comments and they have been 10 plus points in ppr ..  small sample size but if the injury had not happened and he posted 2 10 plus point weeks in a row people would be on the train..since there was that injury inbetween people forget and are shortsighted

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bearcatcheech said:

People dont want to hear it..especially aaron Jones owners..buttt the coach said he wanted him more involved after the first game or 2, he immediately gave you 10 plus in ppr, the next week against eagles he does down 1st quarter..when he came back he posted another good fantasy outing...so in reality you take both games he has played after the coaches comments and they have been 10 plus points in ppr ..  small sample size but if the injury had not happened and he posted 2 10 plus point weeks in a row people would be on the train..since there was that injury inbetween people forget and are shortsighted

Seems like folks just don't want to hear it.  Frankly, he looks a lot better than previous Jamaal Williams.  

6 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Gotta figure with every GB WR banged up for this week that the backfield is going to utilized heavily. I can see Williams getting a lot of pass catching work against OAK this week.

Aaron Jones is the better pass-catching back. That's not even debatable. Don't let the drop on Monday Night cloud your judgment. See the link I posted. It is a good article discussing the two players. I can't say I can argue with it either and I support Jones. It isn't really a favorable article for AJ.

https://clutchpoints.com/jamaal-williams-set-to-become-a-major-weapon-for-the-packers-offense/

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Aaron Jones is the better pass-catching back. That's not even debatable. Don't let the drop on Monday Night cloud your judgment. See the link I posted. It is a good article discussing the two players. I can't say I can argue with it either and I support Jones. It isn't really a favorable article for AJ.

https://clutchpoints.com/jamaal-williams-set-to-become-a-major-weapon-for-the-packers-offense/

The names almost seem flipped. Every metric had Williams as the superior runner, with Jones the superior receiver. GB sure doesn't use them this way. 

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This is not the popular opinion but I think Jamaal is the RB to own in this backfield. 

It sounds crazy but I'm not so sure it is. And forget about at their cost. JWill is still on waivers in quite a few leagues which is just mind boggling to me. 

59 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It sounds crazy but I'm not so sure it is. And forget about at their cost. JWill is still on waivers in quite a few leagues which is just mind boggling to me. 

It’s more mind boggling he wasn’t drafted. 

-was drafted in all leagues I’m in or saw. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

I scooped him when someone dropped him after the concussion, to handcuff him with Jones. My thoughts here is the likelihood both can be played in fantasy a la Gordon/Ekeler? They seem primed to become a formidable thunder and lightning duo. I really can see myself starting both some weeks but I want people to tell me if this is crazy.

Edited by MellamoMike

On 10/17/2019 at 7:35 AM, LouDawg said:

Stats last year during semis and final ship week. Difference maker for late season waiver pickup. I know that's last year but when given the opportunity, he produces. Glad to have this flex/rb2 depth. 

Week 15 @ CHI 12/55/1 and 4/42 rec

Week 16 @ NYJ 15/95/1 and 6/61 rec

On 10/18/2019 at 1:30 AM, brosephd said:

how did he all of a sudden become good. played like damien williams when i had him the other year haha.

He might not be good, but he's shown given opportunity that he can produce.  Not every RB in the league has supreme talent, they just have a great situation.  This guy won a lot of people the 'ship last year, and everyone seems to have forgotten that.  The Aaron Jones truthers don't want to see this guy in the backfield, but he's there and relevant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cardiak said:

You guys think he's worthy of starting this week?

I’ve got buys and injuries so I think I’m going to start him and Jones and just see how it works.  

I’m working under the presumption that the GB RBs will have 130 all purpose yards, 5 receptions, and a TD.  As a floor.  

Edited by K197040