NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamaal Williams 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

...no he didn't, he didn't at all do that.

You have to read between the lines a smidge. I love all the vitriol in these forums. Keeps it real

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is not the popular opinion but I think Jamaal is the RB to own in this backfield. 

Fantasy aside for the moment. Nothing but well wishes and good thoughts to him and his family. 

Williams does not drop easy passes, fumble the ball, and is better at pass protection. Aaron Jones should not see the field except to spell jamal

25 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Guy just continues to produce. Granted it was garbage time but it still counts. Him playing that role really helps his floor, cause we know when the offense is rolling he manages to get his as well. 

I’m happy with the late TD but I’m still thinking his TD regression is going to hit at some point and then you’re stuck with 30-40 empty yards. Still a nice player to be able to use in a pinch and a great upside handcuff. I’m not complaining. 4 straight good games and usable basically all year aside from injury. 

Jamaal was a lone bright spot on a terrible day for the Packers.  Unfortunately, my in-laws are all Packers fans and we had them all over yesterday so I had to watch this bag of dookie game.  [...]

I might have rose-colored glasses on but Jamaal runs hard....real hard.  Guy is one of those backs that is allergic to grass and doesn't like touching it.  He had some mammoth plays ....granted...only a few yards  but he is pure hustle and muscle.  Love this guy.  He is a poor man's Chris Carson with much better hands.  

Not sure about a TD regression...perhaps we see the TDs amp up!?  Who knows...this guy is in a lock solid RBBC with Jones and he is getting lots of looks and calls played in his favor.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Jamaal was a lone bright spot on a terrible day for the Packers.  Unfortunately, my in-laws are all Packers fans and we had them all over yesterday so I had to watch this bag of dookie game.  [...]

I might have rose-colored glasses on but Jamaal runs hard....real hard.  Guy is one of those backs that is allergic to grass and doesn't like touching it.  He had some mammoth plays ....granted...only a few yards  but he is pure hustle and muscle.  Love this guy.  He is a poor man's Chris Carson with much better hands.  

Not sure about a TD regression...perhaps we see the TDs amp up!?  Who knows...this guy is in a lock solid RBBC with Jones and he is getting lots of looks and calls played in his favor.  

That catch right before his touchdowns where he took 2 huge hits and kept going was incredible. Took a quick look but couldn't find video.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, aapox said:

That catch right before his touchdowns where he took 2 huge hits and kept going was incredible. Took a quick look but couldn't find video.

Yeah...that was a great run.   I realize that Jones may be more "electric".  But Williams is a tough runner.   I think he'd be the #1 on at least a handful of teams.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, herschel said:

thoughts on his matchup this week on sunday night at sf.  they have a pretty stingy run defense and jones still looking to get 15-20 touches.

I don’t like it. I’m starting Hines over Williams this week. 

Rolling out Williams in a FLEX spot for a team I have a few bye's this week.

SF hasn't been as good against RBs lately - CMC, Drake, Carson and Drake again - all had good games against the SF defense.  However those guys are primary starters, and especially in CMC and Carson's case, they rarely come off the field.  

A game with a decently high O/U (47.5) I'm praying for 10+ touches and a shot at a TD for Williams.  

Edited by Fort4242
29 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Rolling out Williams in a FLEX spot for a team I have a few bye's this week.

SF hasn't been as good against RBs lately - CMC, Drake, Carson and Drake again - all had good games against the SF defense.  However those guys are primary starters, and especially in CMC and Carson's case, they rarely come off the field.  

A game with a decently high O/U (47.5) I'm praying for 10+ touches and a shot at a TD for Williams.  

This sounds pretty good to me. He's right in the mix, for me, with RoJo (eek) and Deebo, and players like that. Probably a safer floor but less upside. He's definitely playable every week, i think he's proven that, but he's a low-ceiling, somewhat touchdown dependent guy. Still a great player to have, though, between being a startable guy and great handcuff value.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, floppy said:

hmm not sure if hes worthy of a start next week vs giants. game script helped him this week. they shouldn't be behind against giants. hard to tell when he will get these receptions and value in fantasy

You should have better options with Byes done, but he's not the worst guy to throw out there and expect a floor of 4-5 with a good shot at a TD to finish in double digits. I'm not sure if this is accurate, but I dont' think he played until the second quarter last night (minus special teams).

He got helped this week because the Packers waved the white flag and took out the starters when Rodgers sat down.  I feel like that's when Williams got a bunch of his points.  Not sure if we can rely on that, even if they do play the Giants this week.

GB offense is just in a funk right now.  I feel like Rodgers is declining, or it's just finally the lack of weapons and a true #2 WR that have hurt him this year.  GB needs to restock their WR corps this offseason.

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Cake matchup, should be plenty of garbage time which he usually gets and definitely should with Jones a bit dinged up. I'd expect a pretty good week out of him. 

Hope so, I need him this week...I think he put up his usual double digit points in PPR

• Like 1
On 11/4/2019 at 2:32 PM, K197040 said:

I can confirm that starting both Jones and Williams does not work every time.

They’d be the top offensive options with Adams gone but with Adams healthy, it throws a big monkey wrench into that plan. They don’t need to lean on the run to establish the pass anymore and their offensive tempo changes completely.

Edited by WaiverLooter